NAES Corporation Employee Reviews

Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 2, 2018
Good company in all aspects. Good pay. Good work/life balance. Good benefits. Company is growing quickly and is actively hiring. Numerous career paths to choose from.
A very productive and professional company
Manager International Subsidiaries & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJanuary 9, 2018
The corporate culture is very technically oriented and well organized. Also work place teams collaboration is very much embedded in the day to day operations of the company. A typical work day will be from 8am to 5pm except for financial closing dates and required collaboration on special projects.
Pros
Excellent salaries, benefits and work to life balance.
Cons
Advancement is limited.
Good jobs.
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 22, 2018
NAES is a good company to work for. They provide a friendly work environment, excellent pay, and their benefits are on par with any other large power company.
Naes is a good company to work
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Every morning perform a safety meeting and talk about the power plant equipments are fail to make a work order and plan the job to make the repairs safe and reliable, insect the contractor we Have on the plant to work safe, perform equipment PM's
Pros
1 hour lunch every day
Cons
15 minutes break
Supportive
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 29, 2018
NAES Corporate stands by their managers and provides support and direct involvement to ensure success. Not to say you can't fail.

Challenging fully involved days. Provided opportunities to work with many entities outside of the facility such as ISO, NGRID, NHPS and several main stream corporations associated with hedge contracts.

Union shop facility presented a dual culture with respect to such employee to management associations. NAES is a third party O&M company/corporation, however, Regional support is consistent even to the point of a bit too much. Which is better than not enough.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with immature or inexperienced management in certain local positions.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the process of many improvements.
Pros
I'd work with NAES again
Cons
Can be difficult to advance or change positions in management
Overall good place to work
Plant Operatorr (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WASeptember 18, 2018
An overall good place to work. A steady shift was great, overtime was plentiful, located not far from my house and some of the employees really cared about the operations.
Good workplace
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Great company. Good benefits, amazing people to work with and a good safe feel with the conpany. Wouldn't mind more opportunities with the company. Looking forward to proving my self to progress my self to more in the company.
Pros
Good breaks. Plenty of safety
Cons
Not so much opportunity
Not honorable
Administrative Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2018
I was layed off, NAES would not honor the scholarship my child received from them that he earned. When i was layed off, they stopped paying the semester fees. They wouldnt honor the scholarship he won.
Cons
Not Honorable
Trash to Energy Plant
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Trash to energy, so work is dirty. 12-hour rotating monthly shift. Not a job for the lazy or physically weak. Lots of overtime opportunities.
Pros
Excellent Benefifts
Cons
High employee turnover
A decent contract company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJuly 24, 2015
Overall one of the best contract companies I have worked for. The pay and benefits are decent and the people are awesome. It's a contract company so you are never totally secure in your position.
Pros
Benefits are good and not over priced, Pay is good also
Cons
It's a contract company. Management could improve but that's true for most companies
Extensive travel, minimal training opportunities, long hours
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Carolina, VirginiaFebruary 17, 2017
3rd party O&M company.
Relies on revenue from clients
Contract obligations change frequently based on client expectations
Extensive travel, 298 days away from home.
Client controls costs for training
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Away from home, minimal training opportunities
Poor site, not company
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 22, 2017
NAES was a good company to work for, the issues we had were more focused on the owner group and the employees at our site. The group that owned the plant had little power experience and made many poor decisions that risked the livelihood of the employees at the plants, but NAES did what they could to protect us. We had a few good managers, but due to the owner group they were driven away, leaving us with poor management that cared little about the employees.
Pros
NAES protected the employees
Cons
Bad site owners
Horrible company
technician (Former Employee) –  hays, ksMarch 31, 2014
Horrible management in hays Kansas. Good ole boy system. No advancement, no training, negative workplace. The manager needs leadership training and people skills.
benefits
Cons
too many to mention
This is a very good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Altavista, VAJanuary 22, 2018
I have enjoyed my career with NAES. I have benefited from the knowledge gain through the training in multiple departments that i have had the opportunity to work in.
Job
O&M Technician (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Great job and very competitive, Do to cut backs staff was cut back. Would work for another NAES Corporation in the future if one was in the are. I think a great company
Wonderful corporate staff and a pleasure to work for.
Lead Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conemaugh Generating Station, New Florence Pa.July 18, 2013
Working as a Safety Supervisor for NAES Power Corporation on their projects has been very rewarding. Working as a team to strive for zero injuries as well as completing the job on time and within budget, presented many challenges. The safety culture which we promoted and the overall relationship between craft and management was key to our success. Education and effective communication, enabled us to complete our daily tasks safely, productively and efficiently. Our greatest accomplishment was working together to create a work environment that enabled each employee to safely accomplish their daily work activities and go home to their families.
Pros
Helping people
Good work environment
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, VADecember 9, 2017
Provides challenging work that encouraged creativity and collaboration. Good support of veterans. They encourage working with other folks at other facilities.
Plant operator
Operator (Current Employee) –  LindenSeptember 10, 2017
Management has no concept of equal pay. Treat employees like they are disposable. Revolving door. Health care is expensive and don't care about family life. Would rather back one bad manager and lose all the good workers. Get a job with naes only till you can find a better one.
Pros
None until they wake up.
Cons
Too many to list
NAES it's better than nothin (Almost)
Hired Hand (Current Employee) –  You know where guysJune 19, 2017
Combining 2 plants into one was not a wise idea. Management was changing every year and a half or so. Nobody was really trained on what they were supposed to do. It is a contractor company and does what owner says. With Overtime a guy could pull in 120K per year. The pay is 40 to 46 per hour
Pros
Pay, Work with a couple good people
Cons
Work with some lazy people, 12hr shifts, No notice to work OT Forced, 15 times my shift sched was changed, No training, Nobody really knows whats going on
Just an evil place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 21, 2016
Worked at the plant for several years. Was a great place to work until NAES took over. Back stabbing reorgs, not caring about people. Work life balance? They have not heard that term. Moving people left and right, promoting people that cause many others to leave....... Just a mess. They are ok with losing talented people any day of the week.
Pros
Not sure what to write here
Cons

Comment – May 30, 2018

Has not got better! Outage are way to short, people looking to leave ASAP.