NAES Corporation Employee Reviews

Best job ever
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 6, 2019
First 2 years at NAES have been amazing. My Manager provides me with training, support, mentorship and opportunities to acquire various additional certifications to further my knowledge in my field. During the Spring and Summer we do a lot of sports including Cricket, Volleyball, Golf and Ping Pong, wrapping up with a tournament. I was very happy to see that NAES would match 100% of the employee donations to some natural disasters which occurred last year. Overall I've been very happy with the collaborative, inclusive and positive atmosphere at NAES.
Pros
Collaborative, inclusive, positive atmosphere, excellent work/life balance, flexible work hours and lots of personal and professional growth opportunities.
Not worth the stress
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  ctJanuary 9, 2019
Horrible job culture.
Management very unhelpful .
Treet others that haven't served in the military like outsiders.
Allow (Rain Deer Games) very clicky groups that seem to enjoy
the alienation of a fellow employee.
The money is average or better. But you have to ask your self if an extra dollar is worth working in a toxic environment were everyone is miserable.
Pros
its a job
Cons
very unpredictable environment
needs better training program for position
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2018
my typical day @work consisted of daily check list of all valve house rooms,and when it required i would perform electrical duties (troubleshooting,reset faults,replace circuit breakers,etc.as it pertained to safety personally don't feel management handled issues of employees in a timely manner. the culture is unpleasant with of gossip not enough performance.the hardest part of the job was lack of training that was promised but never took place had to learn as the job went had some hick ups @ times but over came them for the next time they happened.adding this knowledge to my resume is the most enjoyable part for me .
Pros
the knowledge of the job
Cons
having minimal training for job task
Overall good place to work
Plant Operatorr (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WASeptember 18, 2018
An overall good place to work. A steady shift was great, overtime was plentiful, located not far from my house and some of the employees really cared about the operations.
Naes is a good company to work
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Every morning perform a safety meeting and talk about the power plant equipments are fail to make a work order and plan the job to make the repairs safe and reliable, insect the contractor we Have on the plant to work safe, perform equipment PM's
Pros
1 hour lunch every day
Cons
15 minutes break
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 2, 2018
Good company in all aspects. Good pay. Good work/life balance. Good benefits. Company is growing quickly and is actively hiring. Numerous career paths to choose from.
Not honorable
Administrative Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2018
I was layed off, NAES would not honor the scholarship my child received from them that he earned. When i was layed off, they stopped paying the semester fees. They wouldnt honor the scholarship he won.
Cons
Not Honorable
Good jobs.
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 22, 2018
NAES is a good company to work for. They provide a friendly work environment, excellent pay, and their benefits are on par with any other large power company.
Supportive
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 29, 2018
NAES Corporate stands by their managers and provides support and direct involvement to ensure success. Not to say you can't fail.

Challenging fully involved days. Provided opportunities to work with many entities outside of the facility such as ISO, NGRID, NHPS and several main stream corporations associated with hedge contracts.

Union shop facility presented a dual culture with respect to such employee to management associations. NAES is a third party O&M company/corporation, however, Regional support is consistent even to the point of a bit too much. Which is better than not enough.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with immature or inexperienced management in certain local positions.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the process of many improvements.
Pros
I'd work with NAES again
Cons
Can be difficult to advance or change positions in management
This is a very good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Altavista, VAJanuary 22, 2018
I have enjoyed my career with NAES. I have benefited from the knowledge gain through the training in multiple departments that i have had the opportunity to work in.
A very productive and professional company
Manager International Subsidiaries & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJanuary 9, 2018
The corporate culture is very technically oriented and well organized. Also work place teams collaboration is very much embedded in the day to day operations of the company. A typical work day will be from 8am to 5pm except for financial closing dates and required collaboration on special projects.
Pros
Excellent salaries, benefits and work to life balance.
Cons
Advancement is limited.
Job
O&M Technician (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Great job and very competitive, Do to cut backs staff was cut back. Would work for another NAES Corporation in the future if one was in the are. I think a great company
Good work environment
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, VADecember 9, 2017
Provides challenging work that encouraged creativity and collaboration. Good support of veterans. They encourage working with other folks at other facilities.
Poor site, not company
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 22, 2017
NAES was a good company to work for, the issues we had were more focused on the owner group and the employees at our site. The group that owned the plant had little power experience and made many poor decisions that risked the livelihood of the employees at the plants, but NAES did what they could to protect us. We had a few good managers, but due to the owner group they were driven away, leaving us with poor management that cared little about the employees.
Pros
NAES protected the employees
Cons
Bad site owners
Plant operator
Operator (Current Employee) –  LindenSeptember 10, 2017
Management has no concept of equal pay. Treat employees like they are disposable. Revolving door. Health care is expensive and don't care about family life. Would rather back one bad manager and lose all the good workers. Get a job with naes only till you can find a better one.
Pros
None until they wake up.
Cons
Too many to list
Production Technician Operator
O&M Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 4, 2017
Am a very productivity Plant Operator with 23 years experience on Power Plants, very stronger work ethnic.And good discipline to following the Company rules and regulations, safety rules
Good workplace
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Great company. Good benefits, amazing people to work with and a good safe feel with the conpany. Wouldn't mind more opportunities with the company. Looking forward to proving my self to progress my self to more in the company.
Pros
Good breaks. Plenty of safety
Cons
Not so much opportunity
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 23, 2017
Good employee relations
Work/life balance is encouraged
Training and educational meetings available
Co-workers are supportive and friendly
Policies and procedures in process
NAES it's better than nothin (Almost)
Hired Hand (Current Employee) –  You know where guysJune 19, 2017
Combining 2 plants into one was not a wise idea. Management was changing every year and a half or so. Nobody was really trained on what they were supposed to do. It is a contractor company and does what owner says. With Overtime a guy could pull in 120K per year. The pay is 40 to 46 per hour
Pros
Pay, Work with a couple good people
Cons
Work with some lazy people, 12hr shifts, No notice to work OT Forced, 15 times my shift sched was changed, No training, Nobody really knows whats going on
Trash to Energy Plant
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Trash to energy, so work is dirty. 12-hour rotating monthly shift. Not a job for the lazy or physically weak. Lots of overtime opportunities.
Pros
Excellent Benefifts
Cons
High employee turnover