NAES CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not honorable
Administrative Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2018
I was layed off, NAES would not honor the scholarship my child received from them that he earned. When i was layed off, they stopped paying the semester fees. They wouldnt honor the scholarship he won.
Cons
Not Honorable
Good jobs.
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 22, 2018
NAES is a good company to work for. They provide a friendly work environment, excellent pay, and their benefits are on par with any other large power company.
This is a very good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Altavista, VAJanuary 22, 2018
I have enjoyed my career with NAES. I have benefited from the knowledge gain through the training in multiple departments that i have had the opportunity to work in.
A very productive and professional company
Manager International Subsidiaries & Accounting (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJanuary 9, 2018
The corporate culture is very technically oriented and well organized. Also work place teams collaboration is very much embedded in the day to day operations of the company. A typical work day will be from 8am to 5pm except for financial closing dates and required collaboration on special projects.
Pros
Excellent salaries, benefits and work to life balance.
Cons
Advancement is limited.
Job
O&M Technician (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Great job and very competitive, Do to cut backs staff was cut back. Would work for another NAES Corporation in the future if one was in the are. I think a great company
Good work environment
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, VADecember 9, 2017
Provides challenging work that encouraged creativity and collaboration. Good support of veterans. They encourage working with other folks at other facilities.
Poor site, not company
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 22, 2017
NAES was a good company to work for, the issues we had were more focused on the owner group and the employees at our site. The group that owned the plant had little power experience and made many poor decisions that risked the livelihood of the employees at the plants, but NAES did what they could to protect us. We had a few good managers, but due to the owner group they were driven away, leaving us with poor management that cared little about the employees.
Pros
NAES protected the employees
Cons
Bad site owners
Plant operator
Operator (Current Employee) –  LindenSeptember 10, 2017
Management has no concept of equal pay. Treat employees like they are disposable. Revolving door. Health care is expensive and don't care about family life. Would rather back one bad manager and lose all the good workers. Get a job with naes only till you can find a better one.
Pros
None until they wake up.
Cons
Too many to list
Production Technician Operator
O&M Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 4, 2017
Am a very productivity Plant Operator with 23 years experience on Power Plants, very stronger work ethnic.And good discipline to following the Company rules and regulations, safety rules
Good workplace
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Great company. Good benefits, amazing people to work with and a good safe feel with the conpany. Wouldn't mind more opportunities with the company. Looking forward to proving my self to progress my self to more in the company.
Pros
Good breaks. Plenty of safety
Cons
Not so much opportunity
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 23, 2017
Good employee relations
Work/life balance is encouraged
Training and educational meetings available
Co-workers are supportive and friendly
Policies and procedures in process
NAES it's better than nothin (Almost)
Hired Hand (Current Employee) –  You know where guysJune 19, 2017
Combining 2 plants into one was not a wise idea. Management was changing every year and a half or so. Nobody was really trained on what they were supposed to do. It is a contractor company and does what owner says. With Overtime a guy could pull in 120K per year. The pay is 40 to 46 per hour
Pros
Pay, Work with a couple good people
Cons
Work with some lazy people, 12hr shifts, No notice to work OT Forced, 15 times my shift sched was changed, No training, Nobody really knows whats going on
Trash to Energy Plant
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Trash to energy, so work is dirty. 12-hour rotating monthly shift. Not a job for the lazy or physically weak. Lots of overtime opportunities.
Pros
Excellent Benefifts
Cons
High employee turnover
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coalinga, CAJune 6, 2017
NAES by far is one of the greatest company's I've ever worked for. They make sure there employees are happy and knowledgeable providing week long admin training once a year at the home office in Issaquah, Washington . Management is the best down to earth and available to help when needed.
Pros
keeps employees up to date by providing training
Flexibility
Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 4, 2017
This is a great organization that allows flexibility of your schedule and with the departments. There is lots of ways to advance and they are very intuned with advancement.
Extensive travel, minimal training opportunities, long hours
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Carolina, VirginiaFebruary 17, 2017
3rd party O&M company.
Relies on revenue from clients
Contract obligations change frequently based on client expectations
Extensive travel, 298 days away from home.
Client controls costs for training
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Away from home, minimal training opportunities
Naes is the worst
Operator (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJDecember 28, 2016
Naes does not care at all about their employees or their families only about their client!! Hr department is a joke!
Naes is taking away all of our earned sick time in 2017 and giving us no sick time!!!
Naes is the worst company I have ever worked for and I am looking for a new job because I cant take it anymore!
Thanks for nothing naes!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, Hr
union attached
Temp Laborer (Former Employee) –  Colstrip, MTDecember 21, 2016
Besides being away from home for extended time the work environment was ok, we did work in the unit so we were out of the weather which was very pleasant.
Just an evil place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 21, 2016
Worked at the plant for several years. Was a great place to work until NAES took over. Back stabbing reorgs, not caring about people. Work life balance? They have not heard that term. Moving people left and right, promoting people that cause many others to leave....... Just a mess. They are ok with losing talented people any day of the week.
Pros
Not sure what to write here
Cons
Dis functional unorganized and inexperience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Benson, MNAugust 23, 2016
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The operations manager is a drunk mess . The management in this place except one or two are s***. The rest of Naes plants may be different I don't mean to disrespect the Naes company or name but this particular facility is nothing more than a s***hole. The only benefit to working here is operating time (license) and overtime unless you like working on a sinking ship.
Pros
Plenty of overtime because of very high turnover rate with employees, flexible schedule for the most part, not the best but decent pay
Cons
Expensive health insurance, lots of inexperienced operators, backstabbing throw you under the bus first chance they get coworkers and management, lots of boiler downtime because they run everything into the ground, and the list goes on