NAES

United States47 reviews

NAES insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Management lacking

Management fails to care for employees, they regularly blame their lack of leadership, on employees. Then the employees are forced to get union. To equalize the onsite treatment. Employees leave because of this, if an employee stands up to management they are publicly admonished.

Pros

Cons

Must be a yes boss person, don't rely on truth.

Constant turnover from CEO to people at the job sites

Working at NAES is not for the lighthearted. Constant turnover, horrible middle management and some Upper management do not have the skill set to run a power plant, but pretend that they do. Worse is the inflated costs for the overhead like division directors and VP’s, a sub par environmental department and the worst HR department I have ever worked with. In fact the HR department has frequent turnover, lacks guidance and is rarely any help. The HR department is a huge burden on this company and the overhead for this service should be examined closely.

Pros

Lots of opportunity due to constant turnover

Cons

Bad middle management and exuberant cost overhead.

No decision ability By Manager

Plant manager has no ability for decision making! Question if it’s him or his Overseers challenging task. Not sure. Manager First one to bail out of the plant on COVID 19, Leaving personnel hanging without a strong solid plan in place. Panic of manager initiated panic from some employees. Not good leadership practices .Used to be excellent Place to work for. Plant repairs needed. Spend some money and fix the plant equipment. Situational ethics tears down personnel trust of management.

Very good place to work

Very talented people work for the company and everyone that I met was nice. I have been doing the same job through different owners at the same plant.

Worthless

Worked for NAES for 10 years at a Dominion owned plant. Dominion was doing layoffs, did NAES step up and offer to transfer me to another plant they had work at? No! They cut me loose too. Worthless company.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

The good

The good always stood out over the bad even though the company was located out of state, the people that where there onsite where very helpful and provided you with answers when you had questions.

NAES is a great place to work for

NAES Offers a good working environment, decent pay and good benefits as well as a flexible working schedule which includes a 24/7 rotating shift and will be willing to accommodate when possible.

Working for NAES allows one to learn the ins and outs of the power generation business

Great place to start a career in the power generation business. There’s room to grow and move up from an auxiliary plant operator to a control room operator to shift supervisor and then into management if wanting too.

Great crew

Very long hours great employees. Overtime available. Company makes available clothing and masks for safety. If being around all manner of refuse does not bother you, this job is for you.

Company Cares about it's Employees

I worked three years for NAES. They treat their employees fairly, pay well, are accommodating with time off, have great working conditions, and are safety conscious. I enjoyed my job and worked with a great group of people.

Freindly and fast paced

They start every morning with a stretch and flex and go over safety regulations, things that need to be addressed and daily schedules for other crafts. Most of the knowledge i have now comes from working at NAES, as the workers are generally friendly and helpful. The management is always upbeat and friendly. If you go to them with complaint it will be resolved in a short amount of time. The workplace is usually full of upbeat comedic people that make working there a fun and immersive experience. The hardest part of the job is how labor intensive it can be lifting heavy objects and taking service stairs and/or ladders. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall experience i gained and the people i got to work with.

Pros

Free company dinners

Cons

rural based area

Good place to work.

This was a good place to work. Good team work amongst the staff. Everyone was always willing to help in areas outside of the job descriptions. Good people to work with.

Pros

Nice area

Cons

Lots of layers of oversight.

Great team work all personnel had a voice.

Turnover with off going shift. review plant conditions with on shift crew, including safety meeting with on shift crew. Plan days work. relay any info on to management. Culture of safety first Leads run crews and are comms with management. Hardest part of job not knowing plant future. Most enjoyable part working with one of the best crews from management on down.

good company to work for

i enjoyed working for this company.Although it was only temporary it was a great place to work. Supervisors were very helpful. i would love to work for this company in the future

Pros

great company

Cons

Good people to work with.

NAES was very supportive and provided the necessary backup to the local site so that I could perform my job effectively. Upper management was effective in communicating the corporate mission and the steps needed to achieve them at my level. the NAES success was built on customer satisfaction and bringing value to the customers' business. NAES did a very good job at working toward customer satisfaction.

Pros

Large effective organization with a great reputation in the industry.

Cons

Paritoally sucessful reorganization that created some hard feelings among core long term employees.

Have worked at the carneys Point plant for 25 years. NAES is a good place to work with good compensation. Would not be looking to leave if Plants did not have a limited contract life.

Hard work - Fair pay

At our plant, management made the difference. You knew you were not going to be a scapegoat for anyone. Although there was too much work for the staffing level, there was a strong safety culture and understanding from management, who had been promoted from positions in the plant.

Pros

Great crew, Excellent pay

Cons

Lean staffing, Lots of work hours outside your normal schedule

First and favorite job in the field of power generation

My position started as Fireman and I was promoted to Assistant Turbine Operator in the time I was there (about 5 years). This was my first and most favorite job in the field of power generation. I would still be there had the plant not closed down.

Great company

Good company to work for, great learning environment, and opportunities for advancement. Company is very diversified in workplace. Enjoyed being apart of this company

Great Work Place, Great Employees, Great Management

This company is the "Parent Company" to my current employer (Greenberry). I was a Foreman and would receive my daily tasks from my superintendent and would execute the tasks for the day. I held daily safety meetings with my employees and always held a good relationship with them by leading by example. Hardest part of the job was working inside of large storage tanks under extreme heat conditions. I loved being able to control all aspects of the job and lay out the needed tasks in my own organized manner.

Pros

Ability To Control My Job In The Manner I Deemed Necessary; With Little To No Oversite

Cons

Constant Time Constrants

Na

NAes was a good company to work for. They keep you busy and try to keep you working. I enjoyed working for them and would recommend them to someone else in that field of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• NAES