NAES

United States47 reviews

NAES insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Management lacking

Management fails to care for employees, they regularly blame their lack of leadership, on employees. Then the employees are forced to get union. To equalize the onsite treatment. Employees leave because of this, if an employee stands up to management they are publicly admonished.

Pros

Cons

Must be a yes boss person, don't rely on truth.

Good work hard work

We world take our suspended platforms up and down smoke stack fin bad spots jackhammer them out straight cut them put a form up and pour concrete in them to repair next day pull the form and patch and finish any ugly spots

Pros

We didn't take lunch so we got paid for it.

Cons

The boss wasn't good bout making decisions

Great company to work for.

From the upper management to the department supervisors you can feel cared about as an individual. I would highly suggest this company for a career path.

Pros

Great benifits.

Extremely disappointed

NAES took over the O & M contract of our power plant 3 years ago and have done nothing but drive work environment and benefits straight into the ground

Pros

Non

Cons

Too many to list

Lessons Learned

Hired on to help them branch out into the pipeline industry, not just turbines. Some of the employees were helpful, the hardest part of the job was the resistance, and upper management not being knowledgeable in what I was tasked to accomplish.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

good company for starting careers

this comment is for the corporate office: naes is a good company to start a career right out of college. unfortunately the management does not know how to manage people and the turnover is pretty high. the policies are ridiculously written as they are not meant for the "well being" of employees.

Pros

good coworkers (mostly former navy)

Cons

management and low wages

Naes

I was hired for a position that requires more Marketing so I would like to get back to Admin work asap. I do not have the experience needed for the position and should not have been hired.

Growing company in start-up mode

Need time to accept change and improvement. Still political issues hindering progress. Are working on improving processes and updating software packages.

Great employer with excellent benefits...

I have been very happy in this position, overall. My supervisor is professional, well educated and willing to trust me to work with little oversight.

Pros

Excellent benefits (including bonuses)

Cons

Working around alot of men in a power plant it is hard to participate in a professional environment.

love doing the job

loved it, would love to be a labor again. loved climbing the power stacks and welding. enjoyed everything about this job wouldnt trade it for the world

Good Company

NAES overall is a really good employer. Very good benefits, salary and bonuses. They is also opportunity to grow if desired.

Maintenance mechanic

This plant has just went commercial on September 25th 2015. Jobs of the plant are dictated by the plant operation and the maintenance manager's direction. 95% of the plant has a teamwork attitude towards meeting the goal of meeting the needs of the plant.This makes it a pleasant place to work at.

Pros

I was part of commissioning a brand new plant.

Cons

This is my first time going through this situation.

Good company to work for as long as management gets along and works together. They helped me transfer to a better location and better pay. Lots of job opportunities within the company.

Pros

good benefits and bonus program

Cons

no relocation for hourly employees

Excellent Company to work for.

NAES has been an excellent company to work for and has a great balance with home and work life. The compensation is also a plus.

Great company

Working with NAES was a great experience. The people that I worked with were some of the best in the power industry. It was unfortunate that events in my life did not allow me to continue my employment with them. The job of an operator is one that is engaging and demanding. Operations is a bit of an all around position as you take on tasks of varying degrees. You literally do everything from maintenance to grounds keeping. I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an operator even when it was grueling and miserably hot. The reward was a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment for see a job through to fruition.

Pros

Good Compensation, great training

Great Company

I loved working with NAES, as they were for employees and always worked with you. The corporate office in WA has a great group of people. The managers were always available.

Pros

Work with you to get answers.

Cons

No cons

very difficult place to work

a very hard difficult job that was demanding 24/7. A very trying place to learn and grow.

Was a new company to the industry needed better management.

I loved the people and work attitudes but needed better management.

Pros

Great people and work environment.

Team oriented environment

• Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems. • Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations. • Control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, or reactors, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment. • Regulate equipment operations and conditions, such as water levels, based on instrument data or from computers. • Take regulatory action, based on readings from charts, meters and gauges, at established intervals. • Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary. • Inspect records or log book entries or communicate with plant personnel to assess equipment operating status. • Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power. • Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration. • Communicate with systems operators to regulate and coordinate line voltages and transmission loads and frequencies.

Cons

rotating swing shift

was good in beginning

was good in beginning, they became slave drivers at the end a typical day = start in morning work like a dog and maybe you could leave on time. co-workers- fir the most part if they weren't stabbing you in the back they were running you over with a bus. hardest part of my job -- putting up with slave driving egotistical self righteous management

i enjoyed the fast-paced atmosphere.

We worked 12 hour shifts usually and worked well together to get job done. Everyone knew what had to get done and wasn't much hangng around waiting for someone to tell us what to do.

Pros

I got to come home for weeks at a time to spend with family

Cons

Sometimes was away from home up to 45 days and not sure when another job was scheduled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• NAES