Naf Naf Middle Eastern Grill Employee Reviews

Horrible
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 1, 2019
Always short of food. Not ordering enough food on the truck every week. Always understaffed for how busy it is. There is no proper training at all! W-2 not offered when being hired
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
June 3, 2019

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you had a negative experience. If there's anything we can help with related to your employment, please feel free to reach out to us at HR@nafnafgrill.com

excelente
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2019
excelente en todos los aspectos, excelente ambniente laboral
Pros
ambiente laboral
Cons
tener mejor proceso de seleccion de personal
June 3, 2019

Muchas gracias por tus comentarios. La mejor de las suertes en su oportunidades futuras.

cool place to work
Store Trainer/ Baker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2019
naf naf is a great place to work. I had never ate an falafeel before and they are very healthy and very tasty. i would recommend anyone to work here. the staff are made up of some really nice people that actually care about the store.
April 30, 2019

Thanks for sharing the love! Keep up the hard work - we appreciate all you do!

Disorganized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 23, 2019
Difficult to work here and wasn't paid fairly. Upper management would never order enough food and I had to always try to appease customers with a small stock.
February 25, 2019

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I've passed your feedback to our team for review and to make sure we consider making changes where we see fit.

Not a good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Naf is a place that started on an idealistic framework when it came to Philadelphia. The owners were overthrown by other chairs and the culture and liveliness was overthrown as well. It’s very cutthroat, a lot is expected out of you but the pay does not reflect that. A lot of instability in the company that is reflected in the stores as well. I was moved to a different store when I made it clear 3 times to the former DM and GM that I didn’t want to go without some sort of incentive especially when there were others in the same position willing to take it. A lot of bias during promotions. Hours here are crazy during unstable times you can find yourself working 15 hour shifts for days if you find yourself low staffed or vital staff quit. It demands a lot. It’s not a healthy work environment and I wouldn’t suggest it for anyone. $13 for a job of this much rigor is an insult.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No autonomy, low pay for the amount of work expected, toxic culture
February 25, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. I've passed the details of your review to our team to make sure we consider making changes where we see fit.

productive work place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
i love it i recommend them .its a fun easy cool place everyone is friendly.the job is very easy to learn . they actually care about you . they train you very well.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough pay
February 25, 2019

We appreciate your feedback about our culture and training!

Not K St
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2018
The GM does not manage the staff at all causing the store to be chaos. People are threatening each other and arguing before customers. Working in this environment is ridiculous, how can anyone work.
No Loyalty
Pizza Kitchen Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Township, MISeptember 19, 2018
A typical work day involves us being under staffed, the management tries, but there is no set workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is being skipped over for promotions. Most enjoyable part of the job are your off days. The management isn't that bad, it's the Corporation that is cut throat and it rolls downhill.
Do not work at naf naf
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 11, 2018
I was set up for failure being a General Manager for Naf Naf Grill. Had no support and couldn't get help even when I was in the restaurant by my self
Loved the managers individually, but not together
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 27, 2018
The whole time I was working here, there were issues between managers, petty arguments translated through third parties, tension during work hours, and lack of discipline and consistency for team members as a result. The place was severely understaffed the entire time I worked there so you always had a dozen roles to play every shift and nearly every shift felt like it was going to be a disaster. They gave employees free food though, which was really nice because it could basically be your lunch and dinner free 5 days a week.
Pros
Free food, friendly managers
Cons
Lack of management structure, understaffing
Productive company if you're in the food industry
Cashier Naf Naf Grill (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 22, 2018
This company is okay if you're in the food industry the pay could be a lot better I feel that this company has a lot more favoritism when it comes to certain ethnic employees
Terrible upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 20, 2018
I was lucky enough to work with an incredible group of people. That would be the one saving grace about this place. Upper management is absolutely awful. You will be micromanaged to death. They don’t trust that employees know how to clean, so they demand you send pictures of floors, toilets, you name it. It is extremely degrading to not only the staff but the management as well. Whenever you reach out to upper management for any form of help expect to receive no help. They are extremely lazy and you’ll still get the blame when things go wrong. If you ever wanted to know what it’s like to work hard and make a corporation the big bucks while you make just enough to scrape by then this is the job for you. Naf Naf claims to be family friendly but you’ll be working every holiday (they actually closed Christmas tho) they are also very sexist. I am not a disgruntled employee, i enjoyed my job, and my coworkers were the absolute bomb. I am just warning all you innocent people before you decide to work at this place that the upper management will take this ok job and turn it into a horrible nightmare.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Upper management
Fun Place
Dishwasher and Frontline (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2018
Naf Naf is a fun place to work because you get to see different types of customers every day from around the world and make sure they have a wonderful time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
Fun
Baker (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 21, 2018
I loved working at Naf Naf Grill. It was a nice enviroment to work from the management to the staff. I learned alot here how to make a perfect pita.very cool
Not the worst place, but definitely needs improvement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 17, 2018
I had the opportunity to work with a good crew, which was the main part that I could stand. Also, the job itself was not that hard, but upper management and the retail life-style did not suit me. Everything is micromanaged and the upper management would try to save pennies but implement procedures or practices that seemed more costly. Then they would lay it on the store to try to recover the lost dollars. It's a fairly new business that is growing, but I wish they would work on fixing what they have, rather than keep over-extending themselves.
Pros
Free lunch, some good staff
Cons
Upper management
Productive and healthy work environment.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 6, 2018
Working for Naf Naf was my first job and a very good introduction to part time jobs. I stayed productive but the work environment wasn't overly stressful ans the other employees were very friendly and helpful. Overall great working environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No wasting time. Every minute you're paid is a minute you're working.
great place to work with awesome dine in area.
line cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
great people and customers and great place to work great management team everyone is polite and hard working. Also the management team will work with you around your schedule if your in school.
Pros
free lunch, great environment, great location.
Cons
sometimes not enough hours when the slow season starts to come around.
i did not like it
Cashier/ Line Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2018
I did not like it
wish i never worked there
hate the managers
unorganized
uneventful
they do entirely to much and it gets annoying as heck
junkky
May 30, 2018

Naf Naf thanks you for your feedback and we're sorry you had a bad experience. Best of luck in your next opportunity.

Decent job
Assistant Manager and Kitchen Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 24, 2018
limited menu
constant changes in upper management
higher than average starting pay
some room for advancement
offers catering service without a way to keep the food warm
made fresh ingredients
Pros
easy training
Cons
managers rarely get breaks
May 30, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Naf Naf and were able to recognize the opportunities for advancement that the company offers.

In terms of our catering service, we recognize some improvements to make (like providing burners & set-ups) and we're on it! Stay tuned.

good
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Evanston, IL 60201May 23, 2018
this place was great it so much to do at this job I mean the people was great friendly and wonderful and it was fun making the food because it was great knowing what the food was made out of.
May 30, 2018

Love the feedback! Best of luck in your next job opportunity!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Naf Naf Middle Eastern Grill. Our community is ready to answer.