Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company Employee Reviews

Great company culture
Training Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 19, 2018
Great company culture and work environment at Nalco Champion- hard work is noticed and employees are compensated accordingly. Could improve upper management.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
oil and gas is an unpredictable market - job security
Diverse and Supportive Work Place
R&D Chemistry Intern (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 18, 2018
My department was diverse and maintained a culture of genuine positivity and inclusivity. Everyone I met was friendly and eager to help with any questions I had.
Typically great job and interesting work
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 15, 2018
Manager is great at scheduling shift rotations, no micro managing, great team. Emphasis on safety. Many opportunities to learn from co workers. Upper management is difficult
love the company just not enough pay for the area cost of living
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 12, 2018
needs pay adjustment to reflect cost of living, working there is a great place and being part of the brand. suppose to be on a dupont schedule and they cant because short handed because people leave because the pay hasnt raised in years
It is a great place to get started
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 6, 2018
I really enjoyed the work and had an amazing boss, it taught me a lot and is a great place to get experience. Though, please look up the DuPont schedule as it is a bit of a trial for some people.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
12 hour roatating shifts is exhausting
good
Process Systems Analytical Sales Lead, Texas (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 19, 2018
It was a great work experience. There really isn't much more to say. However, I am being forced to say more by the ridiculous website and have to keep typing.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Productive and fun working here
Delivery truck driver specialist IIi (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 9, 2018
Like working here there was a lot of overtime.always on the road all the time the days went by real fast got use to it doing the same routine all the time
Nalco
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ellwood City, PAMarch 30, 2018
A warehouse environment may not be for me, but it seems to work for a lot of other folks in the area. A typical work day for shipper clerks like me involves putting together paperwork for orders (making address labels/provide proper SDS/COA information), put bills together once picked, and closing shipments. A lot of SAP issues arise and we must figure out the issue at hand. We deal with the bulk loaders, receiving, planning, and shipping. The workplace culture is hyper-masculine and egotistical. The seniority roles seem to inflate a lot of heads here. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling a sense of productivity. Seeing all the work you've done throughout the day is rewarding.
Alright place to work
ROCKIES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2018
This company was a good starting job for future growth. would recommend anyone to work here. good room for growth within the company. Fast pace work
Highly competitive
District Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXMarch 15, 2018
Highly competitive creating a lack of job security, however a great atmosphere to work in if you enjoy the outdoors. Excellent safety culture and management.
Good Place to Work
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TX 79756March 5, 2018
Overall it was a good place to work. A lot of good benefits and the manger I worked with took care of his employees. The safety was very important to them also.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Collaborative Environment, Values Employee Development
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 4, 2018
As an intern, I was allowed to work on several projects that directly impacted my department and supported the organization. I was encouraged to talk with directors and even got to meet the President of the company and the VP of HR. I was given a mentor and my manager was the farthest thing from micromanaging. She guided me on the completion of my project but never told me that I had to do things her way. All the directors fully supported interns taking training (which cost the company) and asking questions. The culture here is great, way better than any other place I interned. Usually, when you hear that an environment is family oriented you run because that means there is no work-life balance but managers are very supportive of their employees. I do believe there may be some disconnect between other departments and there could be some more collaboration between the HR department. Often times there is a communication problem as well, that definitely needs to be streamlined.

On campus, there is an onsite cafe and coffee shop. There is a game room with foosball, ping pong, air hockey and darts. Lots of meetings and I often see executives chatting with employees.
Pros
culture, managers, training
Cons
communication
Family oriented
Treating and Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Family oriented company who cares about their employees.
Customer service and safety are the top priorities of the company.
Very people orientated and professional.
Productive, fun place to work and meet new people
OFC Marketing Digital Commercial Solutions Intern (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Nalco Champion was a great place to work. I was able to intern three times in over two years and with each time more and more responsibilities. Although I was only an intern I was given opportunity for growth and to network with many people. Great place that I would recommend to many people if they are given the opportunity to work there.
Good place to gain experience
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Nalco is a good place to gain experience but should not be used as a permanent career. There is no room for raises or bonuses, unsafe work environments present themselves daily
Pros
Good People, room for overtime
Cons
Communication gaps between management and the operators, no room for advancement but are expected to work a job your not paid for.
Great coworkers
Maintenance and Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I really enjoy the coworkers, but management is totally clueless. As much as they tout safety, they are constantly putting a price tag on it. Promotions from within are very rare, unless you belong to the "good ol boy club". Managers are hired from the outside and they have to be trained so this means that those directly reporting to them will be doing their job for them. Benefits are okay--pretty much industry standard--and the 401(k) is great. For the most part, I enjoy my time there, but like the saying goes, good employees leave because of bad managers and I'm just waiting for the perfect time to leave.
Pros
Great employees.
Cons
Backstabbing is starting to be come prevalent, Very little promotion from within, Management is out of touch and can't make a decision on much of anything.
Work is steady
Operations Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, OKJanuary 22, 2018
Job wise this is a good job, There has been issues with Management at times, Schedules are not bad. Deal with chemicals so there is always a high priority on safety and equipment reliability.
Pros
good benefits, Vacation and sick time, off most weekends.
Cons
Communication at lower level management
Good company to work.
Senior District Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I like my job, just looking for better opportunities if available. Nalco and Ecolab look for people training and development. I has also a very good policy for the Sales Force.
Pros
Excelent Technical support and training.
Cons
None.
lack of management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 17, 2018
too many silos and lack of support by upper management creates undue stress and lacks team work. Failure to properly recognize and reward the proper individuals creates uncertainty and reduces moral. Double standards exist.
Pros
good workforce and people
Cons
management is both lacking in direction and support
Would not recommend this job to anyone in any type of operations of the entire plant!
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Garyville, LADecember 20, 2017
I could write a book about this place what a joke. Be careful it says utility operator but they very well should put general laborer. If you mess up you'll get walked to the gate especially if you try to defend yourself seen it way too many times. Way under staffed in certain areas but when they do hire to have a reason to stop overtime everyone quits because it aint worth a you know what. Then they start scratching there head hmm idk why. Also people that have way way way way easier jobs in that plant when they just started the same as them and your working like a hebrew slave and there just straight chilling writting a couple permits bothering everyone else. Oh lord and the loaders good God I feel sorry for those fellas especially having to deal with that little short lady at the scale and all those dispatchers calling about trailers when they dont have a clue on how long certain trailers take much less want to know. Oh yea management wow we want yall to be totally "safe" ha yea thats what they say after they done rushed you so much that you done messed up. That place is made to f people that is the God to honest truth you can ask anyone that works there outside of work. Unless your an engineer or work in the office youll see them put 5 stars about this place that just shows you again they dont have a clue.
Pros
Pay is about it.
Cons
No breaks, 5 min lunch breaks, everything really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company. Our community is ready to answer.