Nalco Water, An Ecolab Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved this job.
Production Supervisor/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYAugust 13, 2018
Enjoyed advancing in my career at Nalco. I wish I could of transferred.
I had an option to work with a group or alone, I enjoyed both.
Everything there was a bit dirty due to all the coal dust but it’s tolerable.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Used own vehicle for work on site
Independence to succeed, Management and R&D support when needed, Financial Incentives
District Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 28, 2018
Nalco has been a good company to work for. I have always worked out of my home, planned my own schedules and been responsible for may territory growth and account management. The sales goals have been fair and the bonus paid for exceeding sales plan have been rewarding.
Pros
Good company and compensation.
Cons
Travel requirements and territory size
Good workplace if you fit the profile
Director of Pretreatment Marketing (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 26, 2018
Nalco changed dramatically since the acquisition by Ecolab. It is moving toward becoming much more numbers oriented, less technical and managed by people who do not necessarily understand the water treatment business.

Sales training and management is probably the best in the industry.
Enjoyable place to work
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2018
Lots where I learned the water treatment trade servicing r.o systems water softeners and the p.h valence in water and als where I learned the value of sanitation
Pros
Everything is awesome
Loyalty is expected by them, not delivered by them.
Industry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 5, 2018
Company is managed by lots of folks who know very little idea of what's really going on in the field. Hence, decisions are made that increase shareholder value at the expense of the workers. Every few years they hold a 'management restructure' which is where they get rid of life long loyal employees and replace them with younger lower paid novices.
Pros
Good compensation for high performers
Cons
No loyalty to long term employees.
Good, strong Company to work for
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 3, 2018
Very strong company to work for. More challenging to move up once in a more senior role. Okay benefits. Very good people at the company with high ethics.
Growing Company
Field Support Specialist Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 12, 2018
A fun place to learn and grow, Benefits help to achieve career goals, focus on whats important and not waste time on luxury's for employees during the work day.
Pros
Free coffee provided by the lunch room food service co.
Cons
Short Breaks
chemical delivery driver
CDL Class A Hazmat Chemical Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2018
I was treated poorly and unfairly and the worst part is I did nothing but give 110% everyday. Management for the department in which I was working was terrible.Direct management would not step in to assist and mentor BUT would stand on the outside to
micro-manage and criticize. This made the working environment in my opinion to be hostile. The job itself is a very good job, its just that management was deplorable. Diversity training for management is
lacking and immediately needed..
Pros
good company culture / good company
Cons
poor management / managers lack diversity and leadership training.
Productive, Fun, Can Travel
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMarch 20, 2018
Overall the company was great to work for. They work contracts through various industrial plants. Paid vacation, sick days etc. Company car and card available.
Pros
Free lunches, company car, company card, travel.
Cons
Travel, customer is always right
Big Stable Company
Senior Manager Finance (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 2, 2018
This is a big company with very well defined and repeatable standards. There is no shortage of people that results in overwork for a few.

Great place to become better at processes.
Good
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2018
Very good management with freedom to work as you felt necessary to be successful. Very good team environment but long hours. Pay was very low for the amount of time spent working.
Pros
Team Environment
Cons
Work life balance
Challenging and a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scott, LAFebruary 9, 2018
The people I had the pleasure of working with made the work environment pleasurable. Unfortunately it was a temporary position, therefore I had no future there.
Pros
Great company
Cons
It was temporary
N/a
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 4, 2018
Power District was very demanding.
No enough people.
Long hours.
Long implementation time frame.
Not clear on goals to advancement.
No clear ladder structure
Poor Employee Treatment
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I was treated poorly and unfairly and the worst part is I did nothing but give 100% everyday. Management for the department in which I was working was terrible. This made the working environment in my opinion to be hostile. The job itself is a very good job, its just that management is deplorable.
Good people
Account Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Low pay. Company does not pay well. They know this, its not a secret to them. Its a great place to learn, build relationships. Sales position may require a lot of travel. However, they do invest a lot of training in you
Low pay environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 6, 2018
The position at Nalco that I was responsible for required 2 employees to satisfy the job responsibilities. The management team did not have the money in their budget to fulfill the staff accordingly.
Gotta Love the Steel Industry
Account Manager - Heavy Industrial (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 28, 2017
As a water treatment company Nalco is focused on several market segments. Heavy Industrial is where I found a home. Limited account versatility and 70-80hrs per week.
Pros
Great management. Great Team
Cons
Low pay / long hours
Not terrible but not great
Senior Account Manager, Heavy Industries Group (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2017
Good company if you are in the right place at the right time. Very good training but high turnover.....many in management don't understand that they pay a little less then competition.
Pros
good large comapny
Cons
you are replaceable
Politics
N/A (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 5, 2017
Honestly, the commercial sales business runs the company - and they know it. Sales obviously makes the money - totally understandable. However, I found they were quite demanding and had unrealistic expectations.

Advancement opportunities are more readily available in the sales group vs. corporate, as a relocation to St. Paul would be likely required (Ecolab's corp HQ).
Pros
Good health insurance plans, 401k, pension
Cons
Lack of Advancement for corporate employees
Project Service Supervisor-LEAD (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 30, 2017
Is a great place to work but communication needs work from upper management. As long as you do what is asked of you and you do a good job, you can easily move up if there are positions available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nalco Water, An Ecolab Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight