Namaste New York Employee Reviews

Quality
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 9, 2018
Leadership is easygoing and understanding. They appreciate communication and value our clients' needs. I've had many opportunities to meet wonderful people through Namaste NY as they offer varied scenarios and clientele.
Amazing company to work for!
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
I was introduced to Namaste at a pivotal time in my career. They provided me with lots of work when I needed it and have always been extremely understanding if I needed coverage last minute. Could not imagine working for a more outstanding group of people.
November 9, 2018

Thank you... whomever you are!! We love working with you too, I am sure!
Best, Michael, co-founder and Head of Recruiting

Positivity flows
Yoga Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
The owners of Namaste are knowledgeable about wellness, and good, down to earth people. This influences the kind of clients they attract, who tend to be similar. I feel valued for my expertise and work, by them and their clients. Working with the clients is usually a very pleasant experience. All this contributes to a very positive, uplifting atmosphere.
Pros
Support for sharing my talents, and being part of a positive environment.
Cons
Last minute requests can be hard to accommodate, doing so often means that I feel less prepared than I would with more advance notice.
November 9, 2018

I hear you about the last minute requests! We are a concierge company so meeting those needs is essential. Although I would much prefer to have clients book standing appointments as (as we all realize) consistency is key to healing and taking care.
That said, there is zero pressure to take on appointments. We understand you are busy and do not get deterred if you say that you are not available; and we will ping you again with another opportunity soon!
Best, Michael, co-founder and Head of Recruiting

The company is great and Management is nice.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 2, 2018
I think a lot of things can be better. Having to put a search for the, “Namaste Portal” in order to view appointments is tedious. There should be an app, where you can view your appointments. With an app, you can also shut off getting requests when you’re away or on a day off.
Writing reviews after each job is a lot more work than I’m accustomed to. Every therapist should ask what the clients’ goals are for the session, but having to wright your strategy for achieving those results makes it seem to me that we’re not trusted with doing that simple initial evaluation. It reminds me of the work I had to do eight years ago in massage school. I’m a licensed massage therapist and a professional, so having to explain my techniques is too much. Why not have the client rate our work, to evaluate whether we’re doing our jobs effectively?
Also, I feel that we should be paid weekly. The way payments are structured, I’ve had to wait a while to get paid. This is #1 thing that keeps me from taking more Namaste appointments.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
The portal should be an app. The wait for payment is long. Writing reviews 👎
November 9, 2018

While we would love nothing more than to have an app, we did not begin as a technology company. Rather, we are healers and connectors at heart. Namaste's DNA is to help people on their own self-care, healing path - through the services we offer: yoga, pilates, training, meditation, massage, thai massage, and nutrition.

We connect and work with excellent wellness professionals, and we use technology to help us run the business. The Namaste Portal works well, and your feedback at the end of a session allows us to provide continuity of care.

We are not an on-demand company, but a wellness concierge company, so paying people is not immediate, but rather on a very dedicated cycle (twice a month).

Hope that sheds some light on the this reviewer's comments. Please be in touch!
Best, Michael Wald, co-founder and Head of Recruiting.

Supportive!
Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2018
Namaste provides me with an amazing platform to work with athletes of all age ranges and demographics. I enjoy being paired with different athletes and assisting them along their health transformation journey. Namaste works with your schedule and provides open armed support and most importantly an empathetic attitude toward health advancement!
Wonderful Supplement for Independent Wellness Professionals
Pilates Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2018
Namaste offers competitive rates, a wonderful and interesting clientele, and complete flexibility in scheduling. Accept or pass on client referrals/assignments as you deem fit. The disadvantage is requests often come in last minute.
Great Seasonal Job on the East End of Long Island
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamptons NYOctober 31, 2018
Great team, good communication and no pressure to accept work if you can't fit it into your schedule for the day. Working seasonally for Namaste allows me to keep coming back to the east end of Long Island in the summers to work and enjoy the beauty there. The owners are considerate and caring people that take the time to make good clients. They are easy to work for and I appreciate the high quality they bring to there business and therefore attract quality practitioners as well. I love the flexibility and easy going nature of Namaste New York and appreciate the clients that we get to work with.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
same day appointments can be challenging to fit into my schedule
Glad I found this Job
Personal Trainer and Yoga instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
Great place to work! They work with your schedule and there are not any minimum or maximum hours you are required to work. Clients are wonderful and so is everyone I have met from the Namaste team.
wonderful and caring company
Yoga and Meditation Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
I am a yoga and meditation instructor for NamasteNY and am always grateful for the opportunities they reach out with. The team truly takes the time to find good matches between client and instructor. Their goal is always to provide the best possible connection and service to those in need and they take the time to figure out how to make that happen. They are not automated in the way they reach out to their instructors or clients and there is never pressure to accept an offer if your schedule does not allow it. I have met and worked with some of the most interesting clients and companies through Namaste and have truly felt like each match was appropriate, well-thought out and I was able to exercise my areas of expertise. The owners are genuine, gracious, caring people and they truly believe in delivering the best possible personalized wellness solutions to their clients.
Pros
caring company, professional individuals, interesting clientele, positive attitude
Cons
pay raise opportunities
Wonderful staff and clientele!
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 24, 2018
I have worked for Namaste NY for several years and, through the experience, have grown not only as a teacher/healer, but as a person. The clients that I have worked with have been some of the most interesting and inspiring people I have ever met. Almost without exception, they have been receptive to my teaching and to what I have to offer. I attribute this to the time and care that are put into matching up practitioners with clients. In my experience, every client that is sent my way is a "good fit," which in a business in which one has to travel, sometimes a good distance, to work in someone's home or place of business, is crucial. I am delighted to continue to work with them and am always excited for the next project.
Lovely and inspiring teaching experience
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
As a yoga and meditation instructor I love teaching for Namaste NY. They connect me with great clients all over the city with a variety of wants and needs, which keeps things interesting!
Good people
Trainer (Current Employee) –  ManhattanOctober 22, 2018
I love Namste. They work with me when I need time off and they are very understanding. They work with great clientele and they have treated me well.
They have a lot of diversity in their clientele as well. They are super professional and easy to work with
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Healthcare
A company full of intention, experience, care and accomplisment
Wellness Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
In general, working with Namaste is effortless and a joyful experience. Being offered work opportunities regularly is a wonderful thing. I love all of the staff, and especially their loving, hands on , can-do attitude. The owners are the same way and it's awesome to know that I can call or write them any time with any issues. The clients are all wonderful as Namaste puts a lot of care into finding out the individual needs of each client as well as what practitioners would be the best fit to help them achieve those benefits. In the 2 years, I've worked with them, I have had nothing but positive experiences. I feel taken care of and I'm sure their clients do too. The only downside of the company is that there is no agreement in place for pay raise over time. Many other companies of similar set up, offer a $5/hr increase for every year that you work for them. Namaste does not have a policy in place for this, but upon request the owner Michael, was generous enought to offer me a $5/hr increase
Pros
Staff, management, care, positive attitude, attention to clients and practitioners
Cons
lack of advancement, pay raise opportunities
Excellent client, excellent management
contracted massage therapist (Current Employee) –  client's homesOctober 22, 2018
My interview was lovely and he seemed (and was) a great interviewer. The paperwork was simple and the team was very helpful. There is no pressure to accept the work, but when I did I found the clients to be very appreciative and friendly, and in need of the bodywork. The pay is always on time. Great company to work for!