Nammo Employee Reviews

Good company
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 27, 2019
I could work on my own or as part of a project
My first supervisor especially was totally supportive and supplied me with all that I needed
Sometimes learning new technologies could be challenging but I worked with an excellent group of people
Revolving door policy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Moscow, PAJune 6, 2019
Management is so bad, supervisors are getting out as quickly as they can find other employment, not just employees. Safety concerns are swept aside, but noted. Additional help request are ignored or responded by "Do what it takes" answer.Still operating under 1980's work environment and procedures. NO dock-plates at any warehouses, trailers & only at 1 of the 2 production buildings, that is a manual dock-plate, that has to be carried into place. My job had me outside in all kinds of weather and temperatures 90% of the shift, no accommodations made, had to provide my own PPE.
Pros
Day shift only, Every other Friday off .
Cons
Never ending garbage output, constant negativity from Manager
run away
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gouldsboro, PAApril 12, 2019
long hours standing or long hours sitting
terrible management
expected to deep clean when others just stand around watching
handling explosives and getting paid average wages
expected to take up the slack when people call off
quality is poor.....they see numbers and don't care what the quality is until it's too late.....no government inspectors on a daily basis to keep the quality in check... OSHA would be appalled
Pros
i dont work there anymore
Cons
terrible management and drama queens
productive enviroment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 9, 2019
typical days would consist of checking work logs to be aware of work orders that usually involved myself and another electrician would install lighting fixtures electrical outlets to meet engineers specifications based on there tasks for the week or day. management and all leads worked as a family and team which gave a great environment to work in, The company made it very east to work with hardest part of the job was me being entry level and not knowing a lot of the terms and names of things. I enjoyed being able to work out in the open with guys that have experience and love what they do.
Pros
schedule, pay, tean members
Cons
location
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Moscow, PAFebruary 26, 2019
Nammo Pocal has really become a great place to work. Really has a family type environment, and can't complain about the pay at all. great 401k and benefits. every other Friday off too.
Pros
Schedule, pay, benefits
Cons
tough work
Excellent Company
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Moscow, PAJanuary 30, 2019
This is a great place to work. The employees are nice, staff is supportive, and HR listens to any and all concerns. I would recommend this company to friends and family.
Hess Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 18, 2019
Great workplace culture. Nammo Talley is an great place to work. They have good benefits and treat their employees well. Management cares about their employees.
Very poor place to work.
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 27, 2018
No appreciation. No recognition for hard work. HR is very unfair, no compassion. a lot of favoritism, especially from the HR dept, a lot of harassment from managers, government inspectors & other workers. pay is very unfair, you could be there 20 years and they hire people off the street at the same rate of pay. You get a raise once a year, anywhere from 2 cents to 25 cents. attendance policy is a joke, It’s time missed & they frown on it no matter what the reason is, if your car breaks down, your parent dies or your kid is sick, it’s all treated the same...no bereavement pay. The place is filthy....very uncomfortable place to be in, physically and mentally. Place could shut down without notice. You can get laid off without notice. Health insurance is out of pocket, until you meet a certain quota. Then they pay, and even then, you don’t make enough to cover the cost, anywhere from copays to surgery, you have to pay 1st. Just a very troubling place to work.
Pros
No pros
Cons
See review
Horrbile
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 26, 2018
I never worked on an assembly line. Well now that i have i know i never will again! Its so boring! Here you werent allowed to talk or listen to music. Just stand there and keep doing piece by piece..ugh!
Workplace Culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 15, 2018
In 2007 Nammo purchased Talley (an employee owned company) and it became Nammo Talley Inc. Between 2009 and 2014, the company had offered early retirement and had many layoffs and firings which resulted in replacing approximately 80% of the "Talley" personnel. In 2015 employees started getting written up for minor wrong doings (i.e. errantly entering an incorrect job number on a timesheet), and these write-ups were documented with HR. It has become very apparent that personnel who have more than 10 years with the company are the targets of these 'write-ups', and it’s obvious that HR wants to make it easier to fire the higher paid employees in each of the disciplines. The company has lost (by early retirement offers, layoffs, & firings) nearly 90% of the experienced production workers since becoming Nammo Talley, and it shows on the production line because it's rare that any of the products can be made right the first time. The company is spending a great deal more in reworking product with the newer, lower paid employees, than they ever would have with the experienced employees who made $5-$10 more per hour. The remaining employees (both production and professional) who have more than 10 years’ experience are walking on eggshells, knowing that they have targets on their backs. The reason I first joined Nammo is because the average time employees were with the company was greater than 20 years, but now the average time per employee is closer to 5 years. And also, the new moto is that you must quickly get to HR to voice a complaint, because if someone beats you to it, your side  more... of the story will not be heard. And if you’re sent to HR by a manager, even if he is a known tyrant, HR will back the manager 100% and the employee has no recourse and is guilty no matter what.  less
Pros
Flex Fridays - 9/80 work weeks.
Cons
Managers who are unprofessional when there isn't a witness watching them.
Pay your production or keep suffering losing good techs
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2018
I love working for Nammo but, I wish they would actually pay me what I deserve with all the responsibility I have and all my contribution to the company’s overall success.

It’s hard to get promoted unless you’re in a certain department. Which causes issues thru-out the shop because it seems you’re only guaranteed compensation depending on what project you work on.

They created a list of certain items you must learn before even being considered to get a promotion. I feel their overall ethic is little flawed. It seems if you work on their Legacy programs it’s impossible to move up. Especially because you get stuck doing the same process for an extensive of time. They don’t give you enough opportunity to learn everything on that list in a timely manner. It doesn’t matter that you master particular processes and have a good work history. You honestly have to luck out by what program they put you on. I work just as hard as people on TOW and Smaw, yet I get told I have to learn that list while those on that program are being promoted, knowing they haven’t fulfilled that full list to get bumped up to a Tech II

I’d say Nammo is a good place to start but, if you want to move up as a Technician, learn what they allow, but then jump somewhere where they respect your ability and knowledge by paying you your true value.
Pros
Their benefit package is decent.
Cons
management/supervisors treating techs like their lab rats
just annonomous
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2018
there are some things that go on that are questionable. management does a poor job at planning and controlling our supply stock to do the job and we still get in trouble for not hitting numbers.
Bad place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 28, 2018
Management don't have a clue what is going on, the VP has more family members working there than workers. STAY AWAY !!!!!! Always looking at things you did wrong, not at the good.
Pros
Money
Overall opinion of company
Calibration Technician,/QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work, people very nice and willing to help new employees all the time.
Management was very nice and tried to make everyone seem appreciated
Was not good work place!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 10, 2018
The only thing I can that you had to kiss buttand I feel that management was a joke. They worked you like a sweat shop and there is more! It is a swinging door there.
Cons
N/a
good place to work if you dont like recognition
Loader/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gouldsboro, PAMay 6, 2018
a typical day at nammo pocal included doing hard work and barely getting recognized for it. the management and human resources staff were anything but understanding,
Cons
manangement is unreliable
Poor culture, no advancement opportunities, poor management
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2018
Cut-throat/CYA culture, management does not take time to develop employees, leadership not interested in improvement, minimal feedback, minimal technological improvements
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
management, culture, no advancement opportunity
Good company to work for. Its a shame it had to move to Mesa Arizona
Assembly Processor II (Former Employee) –  Davidsville, PAApril 7, 2018
I liked my job. management treated you good. It took a while to learn the job,but after you learned it .it wasn't a bad job..But it was a good place to work.
Great people
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 28, 2018
Nice helpful people who enjoy what they do and it shows. Always willing to go the extra mile for you to find the right job. Always return calls and e-mails.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Great place
hurry up and wait
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 28, 2018
At one time you had a set job to do. Now you have no ideal what to do. New management has let some of the company's best and most intelligent people go unloading everything on employees who have way to much to do.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
New management runs the place odd