NAMSA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2018
The company was very unorganized and was very unprofessional... management was very terrible and no concern for the client or the staff s... I will won’t be going back there.
Namsa
Materials Representative (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHJune 13, 2018
I very much liked working at Namsa. I was offered another position at the time and took it. I performed purchasing functions on a daily basis, and handled all of their medical inventory. I found that if I used the companies general ledger and compared it to my inventory it would balance out, and I had flawless inventory. That was the start of my interest in accounting.
Pros
Education
Cons
The company was pretty far from where I live.
Collaborative work environment with good work/life balance
Medical Research Biostatistician Intern (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 6, 2018
Employees are eager to help out on tough problems, and there is a strong feel of collaboration rather than competition in the workplace. Some departments are generous with the ability to work remotely so long as your work gets done.
Avoid!
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHApril 28, 2018
Over worked and underpaid is the experience you will pull from working in the labs. Management has little no no experience working in the labs. The expectations of work turn over is high as compared to the reality of the ability of the technicians, and equipment available. The pay wouldn’t be horrible if you weren’t feeling like you’re in a sweat shop working 10-11 hours a day to meet the expectations of management
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Say goodbye to your life
Work-Life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 14, 2018
Challenging work-life balance. Balancing company and client expectations are excessively complicated. Managers are slow to respond to employee difficulties.
Difficult and ultimately depressing workplace
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Initially, I really enjoyed working at NAMSA. My job was difficult and fast-paced, but I felt that I could do it well. I really enjoyed my team, as they were smart, hard-working, and honest people. Unfortunately, after new management was hired, my team and I were no longer appreciated or respected, and had to take on many new responsibilities, several of which were not initialy part of our job descriptions. We were not promoted or given raises or new titles, even if we were doing the work of a chemist, instead of that of a technologist. Instead we were told we did not have the years of experience necessary to advance into a new role, even if we were already doing the work.

Our managers' responsibilities were often pushed off onto us, since they were new and inexperienced (some also really lacked the necessary work experience for their role). Because they did not know how to lead the team or how to make profits, management tended to blame us for their problems, although almost all of us were working at least an hour of overtime each day. We also lacked the necessary resources and time to do our jobs without error.

Our spirits sank and people began to leave. I was just one of the many people in my team to also do so. While my team was outstanding, our new management destroyed our productivity, optimism, and desire to work at NAMSA. I am sorry to say that any benefits we had had before our new management arrived, such as good insurance, workplace events, and overall interest in doing our jobs, had completely collapsed. I hope that someday this situation improves,
  more... but after a year of trying to work things out, I gave up. I expect that before the next year is over, most of my original, amazing team will have left.

In summary, I would urge you to avoid NAMSA, because there is little to no oversight of management's roles in their employees' work life. We worked extreme hours for little pay with no advancement opportunities, and no room for growth. We were often under a great deal of stress, which came not only from feeling we could not do our jobs properly, but that our opinions were not heard or valued, and our efforts were ignored.

I hope this has made you reconsider working for this company.
Good job but not for everyone
BPU (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHDecember 7, 2017
I worked with NAMSA less than a year. I was an outside hire and it was a very rigid environment. The lab I worked in was dedicated to disassembling products that would come in contact with the human body in practical application. The lab is a sterile, cold place with equally sterile, cold personalities. There was one co-worker who was not arrogant and unpleasant. The co-workers who "trained" me were extremely unprofessional, angry and constantly showed how much of a pain it was to deal with teaching me how to do the job.

All of this being said, a lot of the workers in other labs seemed to get along great. They seemed to have diverse interesting work environments that were very cooperative. Additionally, my manager was extremely nice and understanding.

I was going through a devastating personal loss at the time that was severely affecting my job performance and it showed. I was not personally fit for the job and I was let go. My co-workers were very selfish and unsupportive. My manager was not, she allowed for a lot of personal time to deal with my issues I was experiencing and I can't thank her enough for how well she handled me when I was really not up to par.

The job has a lot of benefits and in most places, a lot of nice, friendly people. I would recommend working here if you are self sufficient, technically and manually skilled, and open to criticism.
Pros
Ability to purchase time off; floating holidays; good pay
Cons
Short breaks; inflexible lunch times; emotionally grading work environment
overall ok place to work, but not a good personal fit
Laboratory Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNNovember 26, 2017
I experienced personal issues with the animal testing that I was a part of at NAMSA. It was emotionally draining. The people I worked with were great however.
Busy place to work with lots of Sterility Technicians
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618September 28, 2017
The pace can be busy as the company tests sterility and bioburden samples for post sterilization testing. Stat orders can come in last minute with techs having to stay after hours to complete the work.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
no career future
IT (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHApril 18, 2017
The company is solid. Good pay, work environment, management, and work/life balance. Working in the medical research field can be tough from an IT stand point, so it takes some adjustment. That is the only real negative I have come across in my time here.
Loved learning about all facets of medical device product development
Scientist, Analytical Services (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHNovember 30, 2016
It is extremely fast paced; never at a loss for things to do. Great people to work with. Always learning new things; keeping up with changes in regulatory environment.
Good Experience
Technical Review (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJune 20, 2016
Good experience.

Work feels tedious. Timelines unreasonable. Not sufficient equipment to complete work within timelines.
amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 31, 2016
l ove how awesome namsa is, from the people to what they do. every day feels like you are bettering the world. i love knowing that i am doing something that might help my children
very hard job to cope with
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 28, 2016
great benefits
co-worker drama
favoritism with management
not for animal activist
good pay but not worth the job
very strict due to testing regulations
Great Flexibility
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Have very different tasks day to day and enjoy coming into work and talking with my coworkers. Learned a lot of different things, especially about how important everything we do is.
Pros
Flexible schedule, family environment
Cons
wait time on certain things
Excellent work evnironment
Product Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHJanuary 21, 2016
The workplace is always extremely professional. The associates that work at NAMSA are very motivated and are passionate about their work. Throughout my time at NAMSA, I constantly felt that I was being challenged to think and act in unique ways that ultimately help the business thrive. I would suggest this company to anybody who feels they would like to be happy with their job for years to come.
Modern Day Sweatshop run by big-Ego Mangement
Laboratory Technican (Current Employee) –  NorthridgeSeptember 22, 2015
This used to be a good company. The culture has changed as top management continues to place blame on middle management. The objective here is to keep changing management with the hopes that different talent will create different results. The reality is that the talent is lacking at the top level. All profits are split between funding "the family" and more sales people. The laboratory workers are under challenged, overworked and just burnt out! Egos at the top are ridiculous. I need to get out of here.
Pros
Nice people in the departments
Cons
Sweatshop, poor pay at the technician level.
Professional place for animal surgeries and studiesr
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Good workers and scrub techs that assisted our team for 3 weeks for an out of state animal study for rabbits (180 rabbits in 3 weeks). Never done in history.
Stressful place Management not the greatest
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  northwood Toledo OhioJuly 18, 2015
typed lab reports , this was a learning experience for sure the communication is not the greatest. When you get hired even as a temporary worker through a agency you have to go through all the testing and meetings so you get to know what this place is all about they do animal testing, testing on water and other things.
they don't want you to do overtime but sometimes you have to cause of the workload. If you are typing lab reports they get signed by different people and you can expect to get alot of your reports back cause they are always changing the wording or something they don't like in the report. Everyone has a pretend smile on their face alot of them are just stressed out due to the work load of getting things done on a daily basis. and if you work for Endevis they don't even test you for this job they just go by your resume and you get interviewed by NAMSA so and they don'.t communicate with you on the greatest level either when I was interviewed they didn't explain the letters which I had type its their own fault. They lie about the job I should have never got this job ( had to give it up after 5 months) I never typed lab reports before and it was very stressful. And after I left (well they were training one person while I was there ) I found out they were replacing me with 2 people , why didn't they do that in the first place. the only thing great was the paycheck. I would never recommend anyone to work there , at least where i was.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
overtime
Very political
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2015
Politically correct is the best way to go. Do you job and do it well then you might gain some respect. Mind your own business and you will stay out of all the drama and backstabbing.