Nan McKay & Associates Employee Reviews

Too much work, little pay
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2019
If you are a recent college grad, I recommend to look elsewhere. They prefer college grads, but you only need a high school diploma to be a housing specialist. They ask for one to do too much work for little pay. If you come through Beacon Hill, just know that you will not be paid $17 after three months. You will not even see $17 until after your 120 review (even then your review can be done well past your 120 days). Meaning, you would have been work here around 9 months before seeing the $17 that you were told you'd get paid after 3 months of being here.
Great place to wy
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 13, 2019
Loved the job and those I worked with. Loved helping the families. Would have stayed if the contract had been renewed. Will work for them again if they have another opportunity.
Pros
Learn new skills
Cons
No job security
Frankfort, Kentucky Location
Housing Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJune 3, 2019
This place is AWFUL. Management is the worst I have ever experienced. Job security is constantly threatened. There is no way to advance unless you want to get someone above you fired/ to resign. (which has happened TWICE, while I have been there). Managers play favorites, there is constant harassment and dis-respect.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management, no opportunity for advancement, harassment, hostile work environment, terrible pay
These people lie to you coming in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2019
I applied for a job which I did get an interview for yet they stick you where they want to just to fill positions. They will give you with experience the same pay they give a first time job holder. They LIE ABOUT POSITIONS & PAY COMING IN. I spoke my mind the first day and they couldn’t handle it.
Bad place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2019
People who have been years working don't get promoted and in top of that they bring kids that don't have the knowledge to be a manager or leaders of those who have been there with the knowledge.
Kindergarten atmosphere, the leaders and managers acts like little kids.
Very unpleasant and unprofessional place.
Pros
10 holidays
Cons
It doesn't feel like an adult environment.
Good place to get experience.
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2019
I worked at the Chicago West/South office. The pay was terrible for the amount of work done. Management needs course in customer service and boosting employee morale. No one take accountability for their mistakes. There's a lot of favoritism showed in the company. The company has a high turnover rate. Training is the worst and getting assistance from supervisors is the worst if they don't like you. Gossip runs rapid throughout the office. I was terminated due to lies from my supervisor and office manager. My personal belongings were stolen and they refused to return be held accountable.
Pros
Yearly bonus, employee engagement (Jordan is the best). HUD Training
Cons
Work constantly changing, lack of support, unprofessional management, no morals.
don't work here
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2018
terrible place to work...management doesn't know how to communicate nor does it know the actual work employees do everyday

people are rude and disrespectful and not held accountable for anything
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2018
I worked at nan McKay for about a week, I left my previous employer with hopes of being able to settle into nan McKay and be able to eventually move to a better position however that was not the case. first of all the "call center" is a group of 6 individuals in a corner of the office. The job has NO TRAINING whats so ever and yet youre expected to pass a Miami Dade county housing test by your 90th day. I should have known something was going to be wrong when I did not have to do a drug test and seems that 24hrs was a very short amount of time for a background check to return with accurate results. nonetheless I took the job, I had to shadow an employee for 4 days before the new manager (she had recently started working there) decided that I was ready to begin taking phone calls. after about my 6th day, I noticed she was being rude to her employees and personally did a few things to me that I do not wish to discuss on this review however it was enough for me to resign immediately from the position.
Pros
small office everyone seems to know each other
Cons
management, no training
Excellent office staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2018
Great atmosphere, office staff friendly, that’s the best part.
I globally loved working at Nan Mckay, one of my reason for leaving was $$$. It is a fast paced, constantly changing environment and that is good, You can feel a friendly vibe to it. My main reason for leaving was that I didn't feel valued by the supervisors, not to talk about HR and GM. Favoritism is part of managerial style, they also prefer hiring new, unknown people than promote the ones with experience. My fellow workers are great.
CEO IS WONDERFUL.
Pros
Benefits. Staff very good
Busy
HOUSING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
I processed tenants file according to HUD guidelines. It was a great feeling being able to assist someone with their Housing needs. The nmanagement team need to be better at assigning task and not changing things every month
Recommend
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Fast paced pleasant atmosphere if you like to be busy with tasks. Management is okay could use some work in its regulations but would recommend if you can handle stress.
Pros
1 hour lunches, paid time off, benefits, overtime hours available
Cons
Rash unreasonable decisions and demands
Nan mckay
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Bradner, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Good home and work relationship. Decent pay. Wear and tear on own vechile is propbly the worst part of the job. Meeting different people is kinda cool as well.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Resourceful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60604July 30, 2018
I loved working at Nan McKay and Associates.
It was a temporary position for clients who were Section eight tenants to gain some skills in the workforce.
Nan is a a great person to work for because she includes life in her company.
Pros
Cons
Short term
Fast-paced and public service
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60605June 26, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time with Nan McKay. More specifically working directly with the general public. Being able to assist them with concerns and questions as well as help them understand a process they otherwise would be intimidated to go through.
Pros
Meeting and helping people
Cons
Pay does little to offset the cost of living in my city
A good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 2, 2018
I loved working at Nan Mckay, my reason for leaving was for more money. It is a fast paced, constantly changing environment but the office has a friendly vibe to it. The other problem I had was I didn't feel valued by the hire ups of the company. Again the office staff was great.
Pros
a lot of office fun, work schedule M-F
Cons
Lunch breaks sometimes 30 min increments, parking horrible
A very stressfull type of job, but you are trained very well.
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
Overall it was fine to work for a company as Nan McKay. The pay is good and there is opportunity to grow. The on thing I did not like was that you have to retake the test if your QC goes below certain level.
It was fine
HOUSING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2018
Processed annual re certification, called and informed and assisted participants on how the program, process move outs, collaborate with other departments.
High turnover
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 21, 2018
High turn-over...many housing specialist did not have experience .
You never knew when it was going to your last day as all the firing came unexpected.
Pros
Pay
Cons
high turn over
Good Morale
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Managers and co workers work collaboratively. Teams work together to ensure that CHA and Nan McKay policies are upheld. Excellent employee engatement and morale.
Close to Home
Customer Service Representative- Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
This employer was close to home and it made it very convenient for me. My coworkers were easy to work with and we would help each other were ever we were needed.
Pros
We get sick time
Cons
Pay was low