NANA Development Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Shareholder Friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2018
I loved working for NANA and the NANA staff, very employee oriented, they definitely take care of their employees, if I could have advanced in my position I would have stayed within their organization.
For nana
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 18, 2017
Is a good company to work for. Because I am a Nana shareholder. Also I love how they help their shareholders and also find a job that best fits you. Good comuacation skills.
Stable Company
Director (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 30, 2016
Generally stable company even when faced with difficult financial challenges. The company offers competitive pay and benefits.
Pros
Good compensation, benefits, and work-life balance
Cons
Lack of consistent vision and direction
Excellent co-workers and an exercise room.
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 27, 2016
Very family oriented, everyone helps when asked, very enjoyable environment.

Tasks are repetitive but each one is slightly different as each one has new employees or access change.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent breaks and lunch, exercise room.
Cons
none.
productive, differnt environment to work.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CHIEF PERFORMANCE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 5, 2015
NANA is a Alaskain based company, owned by Alaskans. learning the culture of the Eskimos was very interesting. the training was excellent.
unorganized company ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, akMay 4, 2015
The worst company! does not care about their employees. Not considerate, professional or organized! Long hours and little pay! I was fed up by the unprofessional leadership management and fled! Never returned! Do not waste your time and hard work for it will not pay off!!!!! You would get more recognition and respect working at a different establishment such as Walmart.
Pros
Cons
Long hours! Extremely unorganized as a company very little communication
Productive and supportive workgroup
COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2014
Processed Secure Access Request Forms, managed logical access for users within the company using Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Citrix, and Costpoint 6 & 7. Co workers were supportive and fun to work with. I have learned how to audit and manage logical access. I believe the hardest part of the job was dealing with a customer that is being difficult to work with. Near holidays, everyone would get into the festive spirit and we would do something that was related to the holiday.
Pros
Supportive co-workers/managers
Cons
Everyone had more than their share of work and worked multiple roles
Was able to work anywhere I requested to
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 8, 2014
I was able to express myself freely and travel and travel to many temperate places in Alaska and learn hands on experience within the engineering field when the computers were just coming into the working force. I was able to learn how to survey in the field which was nice change of pace from the office environment.
Pros
Being outside surveying and researching online during the computer burst.
Good place to get I.T. experience in a Production environment
Service Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 6, 2012
NANA Development Corp. is a good place to work in terms of getting basic I.T. experience if you are out of college or any scholastic environment. Insofar as it being a career, that in of itself is a personal choice as it is better for Shareholders there as NANA takes care of it's own which is somewhat good. Management there in the "hands-on" areas of I.T. are excellent and the others areas there are dubious at best. The enjoyable thing was being able to travel to the headquarters that's above the Arctic Circle to assist in the wireless Internet upgrade in that building. The co-workers in my section were good and easy to get along with as they were in the I.T. trenches with me.
Pros
good health & 401k
Cons
not enough people to do the job of service desk