NANA Management Services Employee Reviews

Mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKApril 1, 2019
Excelente trabajo
Gran compañerismo
Trabajo activo
Supervisor is not a team leader or trustworthy
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 12, 2019
I love the building I work in , I was happy with start pay , but having a unpredictable/ untrustworthy/ liar and manipulator for a supervisor makes it almost unbearable.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Supervisor
Decent Job low pay
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 21, 2019
the job is decent to have as a full time job, but pay is much too low. supervision can not be counted on to resolve problems when it comes to scheduling, taking days off, etc. short staff becomes even shorter with multiple people calling in or not showing up. the free food was appreciated when low on cash. employees were treated unfairly, giving all the tasks to the hardest working people, and allowing lazy people to sit around. management favored those who didnt speak up for themselves, but instead caved to supervision's wishes, even if it was against their own liking
Pros
free food, flight benefits, interaction with other agencies
Cons
low pay, poor management and supervision, short staff, poor training
I enjoyed my time there.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 4, 2019
I would recommend this company to anyone who would like a great reference to advance from or to anyone looking for a longer term career in the security field.
Pros
Plenty of hours available during your off week.
Cons
I don't really have any cons to say.
Great app place to work
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 3, 2019
I work for Nana Managment Services currently I love my job I work doing fleet service/ janitorial it’s fast a pasted work Environment our tasks are included but not limited to cleaning and doing security checks On Alaska Airlines jets as one of our major Customers we push wheelchairs and Catering food and delivering food to the jets of many different airlines that visit the Fairbanks area we clean Alaska airlines Operations offices/brake room also we clean Alaska Airlines cargo warehouse/offices here in Fairbanks Area we get great health benefits great pay and discounted flight benefits from Alaska Airlines on top of the other great benefits there is always room to advance I recommend this job to anyone that into Aviation and fast Pasted and friendly work environment Drivers License is not required but Highly recommended if your going to drive must have had your license for 3 years In order to drive and must have a clean driving record
Pros
Overtime, health benefits, discounted airline flight benefits
Cons
Short brake but it comes with the Territory of working in the airlines Industry
Great job, but not enough money
BMT. (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 16, 2019
Great entry level position,
But no future,
Good employees,
Grate training,
Good leadership
Good lower level management,
Very poor corprate management,
Pros
Overtime, room and board, safety, nice people
Cons
Pay is way to low
Loved working this type of job.
Remote Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nenana, AKDecember 19, 2018
This is a great job/contract. The company sends you to Anchorage for the proper training and really take their time in assuring you are capable and competent to do the duties that are asked of you. The uniforms are comfortable. Even though you work long hours every day for 14 days in a row, being able to go home and be off for 14 days is a pretty sweet deal. I love being sent to different locations to meet new people. It’s an extremely diversied environment which I love.
Pros
Being home for two weeks at a time with no job responsibilities. Lodging, food, exercise, and transportation all provided. Pay after 40 hours is time and a half
Cons
Being gone for two weeks at a time.
Productive and ever changing workplace
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKDecember 5, 2018
I worked as a caterer for NMS. Some weeks had only a few hours of work, and other weeks were 50+ hours. Some days would be a few hours of cleaning and prep work, and other days would be multiple events at the same time from 5am to midnight only to be back at it at 5am the next morning. The overtime pay made everything worth it, but the hours definitely made for a feast or famine kind of job.

I learned how to organize, set up, run, and take down events. I learned how to drive a box truck, take inventory, take calls, and schedule shifts. It was a job filled with learning, and there were actual job advancement opportunities.

Everyone was a solid team and did everything they could to help each other succeed. I loved it, and I miss it.
Pros
Free food (worked out of university cafeteria), decent pay, advancement opportunities, team environment
Cons
Extremes of long hours or no hours
worked hard and underpaid
Remote Site facility maintenance (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKNovember 28, 2018
$10.50 a hour isn't much even if it's 84hrs a week. 40hrs reg & 44hrs time and a half. it's really a way for to get your foot into the door to get a real job up there hence why the very high turn around. maybe if they paid better they would keep their employees.

some of the workers seem to not like new employees and kinda hard to fit in.
Pros
work independently & all the amenities at the pboc & such.
Cons
worked hard and put away wet underpaid.
Most Overworked/Underpaid position on the north slope.
Remote Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  north slopeNovember 27, 2018
As A job it was actually a great position. Remote housekeeper on the north slope. You get used to working 14 hour shifts for 2-3 weeks straight then having 2 weeks off. you save a lot of money that way. The only issues I had was how cutthroat my coworkers were and when I was when I hurt myself and got put on light duty I lost my overtime pay, and had to stay off the slop and commute to anchorage every day for only 8 hours for 12.50 hr pay., I ended up having to pay to go to work. my checking account buffer, my savings EVERYTHING got depleted Quick. and when I finally went back up to the slope, they asked me if I wanted reasonable accommodations. to keep my job and just make everything simpler i said no. well I should have said yes cause I was fired on the spot as soon as I replied no to reasonable accommodations., though I am re-hirable immediately under a different contract
Pros
Shift Schedule, time a ahalf pay, the benefits
Cons
burn out really quick, and the cutthroat nature of your peers
Excellent!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 22, 2018
Excellent company to work for! Fits well with our Alaska lifestyle, being able to get time off each fall, to go hunting. One area of improvement, would be rotating contract managers more often; so they get more experience learning new areas of NANA’s vast operating footprint. Overall this company is great to work for!
Pros
Fast paced, competitive and challenging!
Cons
More cross training needed; first aid and emergency response drills!
Very active and Fast pace job.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 11, 2018
Prepare patients trays that was ordered from their rooms and deliver to them. I also worked in the Call Center to take their orders. Restock food. Light cleaning.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
2-15 minute breaks or half hour lunch.
Awesome Location
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kotzebue, AKNovember 5, 2018
I work at the remote area, beautiful place, great people, job is not bad at all. But we are always short staffed, and they keep giving us more tasks to do and the management don't have any plans to get more help.
Not to mention we send out some of our guys to helped out in the villages, I worked an easy 10-12 hours a day 6 days/week.
Management does not communicate with their people.
Our work place is so disorganized.
Upper management need to visit these remote areas (stay there for few days) to see how the actual operation run, not just checking the block.
Safety need to come up here too.
Pros
Free board & Lodging
Cons
Poor Management
Not pleasurable
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 2, 2018
Not pleasurable. Could not make a living with the hours provided. When I did work it was fine except I never once got a lunch hour.
Hardest part of the was that I never knew what I was going to be doing in advance so therefore could never be prepared with the proper tools or clothing to wear.
Pros
Good work when available
Cons
Not enough hours to live on
Good Ole Boys Club
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 21, 2018
Nana (On the North Slope) used to be a good place to work. But now it's a place where management (from Supervisors on up) treat their staff very poor. Unfortunately there isn't anyone (On the North Slope) to keep them in check, so they treat staff any way they want and have no accountability.
bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 17, 2018
management is crooked, had managers ask us to do things that they couldn't even do and my wife is Asian and one boss talked down to me because of her race. Also they don't like people because of skin tone, very stressful place to work and very crooked, they hid a lot from BP so they wouldn't loose the contract with them. too much more don't have time to say how bad it was.
Pros
pay
Cons
supervision
Great company to work for
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 6, 2018
The jobs they offer are a wide range but there good jobs to work they are a good company to work for with lots of opportunities for a great career just have to see what fits you
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
The easiest job I ever had
REMOTE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 5, 2018
Each security contract is different so I can only speak to the one I worked on. Pay was minimal for slope work. The hours are decent, averaging 84 hours a week with a 2x2 schedule on the slope. There is high turnover due to low pay. The work is easy. This would be a good place for retirees and those starting out in their career. It will be hard to support a family on these wages.
Pros
possibility of overtime, working extra shifts, health insurance
Cons
pay, no room for advancement
Positive Work Environment
Culinary Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Kotzebue, AKSeptember 25, 2018
Days are typically busy with retail and patient meals. Staff is organized and dedicated.
Training in a big part of NANA culture, you can never have to much training. The work culture is one of collaboration, coaching, team concept and being happy at what you do.
I have learned that NANA cares for its employees, hourly and Management and want them to succeed, for when then employees succeed the Client succeeds and the Company succeed.
The hardest part of the job is just keeping up with the changing trends the training for Managers.
Watching the Team succeed is the most enjoyable part of the job, it makes all the effort everyone put in worth it.
Pros
Meals, Pto, Positive Work Environment.
Cons
Training can be excessive
Solid Organization
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for the NMS Security Division. The management was easy to talk to and there were a variety of posts available. I didn't see a lot of potential advancement opportunities which was the only real negative. The benefit package was quite good and could have only been better with a matching 401k, otherwise it was top notch. Many of the posts they have are quite boring and might be better suited for retirees. I would definitely work for the company again though and recommend anyone thinking of working in the security field to consider it as well.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Advancement Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NANA Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight