NANA Management Services Employee Reviews

Contracts Management
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 30, 2018
High paced, high intensity career with many opportunities to advance. Maintained all contracts and secured business licenses for the Security Department.
Really enjoyable enviornment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 16, 2018
People there were very helpful and understanding when you asked for help. Customer service was always an enjoyable part of the day. Always had a clean workplace and honest and decent hours.
Pros
Discount lunch, smoke breaks
Cons
1 smoke break
Good
Janitor and Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 6, 2018
Good company, room for growth,and moving up. Can move to other parts of the company house keeping, security, Janitorial, management and others. Thank you
Pros
Big company can move around.
Cons
Heath care
I liked it , great work experience.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 29, 2018
I currently like it some days would be pretty tough but other days, depends on your position. Lot of things to do around there, friendly co workers and management, pretty collaborative.
long days
Cook (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMay 28, 2018
12 hours with just enough to do to make you bored. No real advancement opportunities. if you can work well in isolation than this place is ok. Long shifts will make the final days a strain.
Nana
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 23, 2018
Great company to work for. Company treats employee like family. Management hold an open door policy to all employees that want to talk. Benefits are awesome.
very fun and friendly environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 17, 2018
Working with NANA management was really nice. They are really caring about their employees. There is no chaos at the work place and everything organized very well by workers and management. They also provided us with multiple trainings for safety and service.
Great company
ExxonMobil Alaska Production (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 11, 2018
NMS provides staffing for a wide range of roles at many different companies. My great opportunities for advancement and training.role foir a particular company was very enjoyable and rewarding with
Management heavy, control and command style management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMay 5, 2018
Pros: Great health care plan. One of the best of any companies on the slope including BP. NMS as a native corporation falls under the Federal benefits act, so those are nice.

The only other Pro is some of the people I have worked with over the years. I have met friends that I now consider family working on the north slope.

Cons: Poor management with a control and command style. Management does not care about its employees and treats them as if they are disposable. No 401k match. Poor pay.

Really, NMS is good to get your foot in the door if you are interested in oilfield work. Get a little experience and get out to a better company. Otherwise you will regret it. The people that move up in this company are unfit managers and are all former pot-washers and bed-makers.
Pros
Meeting great coworkers, benefits
Cons
Horrible management, horrible pay, low morale within the compay, disgruntled employees
Convenient but lacks sustainability.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 1, 2018
Working and living so close to campus was super convenient for me, but the management made it difficult for the workers to make a living. Unless you had another job on the side, you would not be able to support yourself with the money and time available to you. Most of the management that you have to deal with regularly had an air of disdain around them, not because of the job but because of who was working the job. No matter who you were or what the situation was they would always look down on their employees. My experience was not very thrilling and I would not be in a hurry to return to my old position.
Pros
Flexible schedule, enjoyable coworkers, easy tasks.
Cons
Difficult management, low pay, minimal hours
Fun
Medical office cleaner (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 24, 2018
Great place to work the managers at night are great and the supervisors are very helpful verry diverse group of people work here over 9 different ethnicities diffent language spoken
Pros
None pay lunch hour
Nana
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 16, 2018
Good job for students, and retired. If you are young it is fine until you find another position with better pay, benefits, and fulfillment. As a retired individual it gives you something to do and a little pay on the side.
The non-management coworkers are great
Remote Janitor (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKApril 12, 2018
A typical day at work at Prudhoe Bay is cleaning up after baboons and children. I learned that there is really no advancement in the housekeeping department. Management is bad at micro managing and does not have the best interest of its workers intended. The workplace culture is stress overall. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stressful expectations of management, to get things done when there is not enough time and not enough staff to do it. The pay for the amount of work expected is laughably way too low, to the point of indentured servitude.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers, being able to support one another and help them with tasks at hand.
Pros
"Free" food, work out areas, sleeping quarters.
Cons
Low pay, high performance expectations.
Summary
Remote Location (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKApril 4, 2018
If you really need a job and have no other options, take the work you can get, network with other companies until you can move on to a better company.

If you're already middle to upper level management tier, then this is the job for you.

Company is top heavy with management.
Pros
Shift work available.
Cons
shareholder hiring preference politics
Great place if you can handle remote work for 2+ weeks at a time
Safety Manger (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work if you have a good work ethic, can work safely and keep focused. Must be able to work for 12 or more hours a day for 14 or more days in a row (but you get equal time off).
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
productive and fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 6, 2018
very busy, learned new recipes, management is OK, hardest part of the job is when 2 or more people call in sick . Most enjoyable part if the job I working with my co-workers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks, clocking out for lunch
I signed my offer letter so I can only blame myself
Night Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKFebruary 20, 2018
The turnover on the entry level positions is insane almost forty percent if not higher. Departmental supervisors are stretched to thin with little help from middle site management. Definitely a company that is share holder based which allow special exceptions. Departmental management will always side with the client in 90% of the cases even before the facts are presented.
Pros
Rotational Schedule
Cons
New contract this last year with many new restrictions.
Have to be fast and quick
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Red Dog Mine, AKFebruary 8, 2018
We always had to be quick, in the 12 hours we worked, we would have to get a lot of stuff done on time, we always had to work safely and not get injured
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting job
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 6, 2018
i managed all repair and subcontracts of the hotel and its grounds. my manager was great but above her was lacking. pay was not enough for all that i had to do.
Not very fulfilling
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99515February 6, 2018
This company is contract work only. The post that I am currently on is what I would consider a hostile work environment and not very fulfilling. the company that I am employed with does not respond to any work related issues so all in all I do not recommend anyone who has self respect to work for this company.
Pros
not any i can think of..It pays some bills??
Cons
Too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NANA Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight