NANNY/BABYSITTING Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Fast paced, hands on child care
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Marseilles, ILJuly 10, 2018
A typical day as a nanny included many, many things. Making sure the children were fed and happy as can be, making sure the house (etc) were cleaned up before the parents came home, taking the children out on adventures, etc. I learned much patience, and respect. It was (sometimes) the most enjoyable job I have held. But unfortunately it became overwhelming, and hard to negotiate with the parents about how I felt I deserved to be paid.
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2018
i like to work at place that respect others.i should learn new thing about baby.the management it okay but i want to get paid 20 dollar per hour.the hardest part of the job is to make food.
Pros
it good
Cons
not good
I love taking care of children
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
I enjoy this job! It is a perfect job position for a college student. The pay is reasonable and the hours are very flexible! I am never behind on school work because the hours are always planned out according to my schedule.
Good job. Needed more income
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 16, 2018
It was a good job but I needed more income. The great thing is I got to be at home withmy children. The bad is that I needed more income. Its is a job I would suggest for a part time but not full time if you need income of more than 400$ per week
Pros
Got to be with my children
Cons
Not enough money
Hanging out with kids
Babysitter and Pet-sitter (Current Employee) –  Erie, COApril 16, 2018
I love babysitting because you get to feel like a child again. Playing with imaginary friends and cool toys is always fun. Nannying is more rewarding because you really get to know the kids you're watching since you spend so much time with them.
A very good job.
Nanny/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 2, 2018
I love to work with children.That job was a very interesting job, because i had to work with a family .They used every day 2 languages, the father spoke on Russian language ( I have studied Russian language 10 years, so most of them I have understood).
Cheap boss
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 31, 2018
My Boss was not paying me for what I said I charged. She had Great children whom I loved but it was not affordable for me to live alone. Had to take care of and look after children.
Babysitti g
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2018
I love babysitting and love beinging around children thats my life being around them they are fun too be with and much more make sure you got dippers and baby milk and food
Fun place to work
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIFebruary 21, 2018
Took care of kids, performed housekeeping duties. I learned that you don't really get any good benefits. I enjoyed helping them with homework and playing games with them.
Underpaid filler job that I did enjoy but it had nothing for my future.
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed nannying as a filler job but I need something I will enjoy more for a long time. It was not the job for me. I was always short on money but I could not ask for more hours because the father would come home at set times.
Pros
Greak Kids
Cons
No benefits, little hours, bad timing, money always tight
Easy job with the right boss
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 14, 2018
If your boss is nice and your duties are communicated up front, there should be no issues. My boss had the requirements and expectations laid out at the interview, so I knew what was expected of me.
Nanny
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2018
Not for me anymore Taught my class curriculum daily, followed a schedule, created structure, creative learning tactics, made sure they were safe, made sure, kept a clean and sanitized work space.
fun place to work
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Evart, MIJanuary 4, 2018
Was fun interacting with the kids. Worked for one lady for 3 years, and watched 2 kids. I feed them, some times bathed them, played games with them. They were awesome the pay was good too
Relaxed
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 13, 2017
I always had a lot of fun with the kids and enjoyed getting to know them throughout the summers I was with them. It was great to work there. My employer was always nice and flexible.
Love Kids
Special Needs Nanny (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 29, 2017
Being a nanny is the best, the bond you make with the kid is unbreakable, Especially as a special needs nanny. The joy you get from this job is so rewarding.
Pros
Bond
Cons
Leaving
fun work place
michelle neumann (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 2, 2017
feeding children
playing with the children
helping them grow
and gave them love and attention all day long

helping around the house laundry taking the kids to the park and the library for story time.
Pros
being with a great family.
Cons
no cons
Structure and Inspiration
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 26, 2017
I taught a 12 year old baseball, helped him do his homework and cook. I had to help with routine and structure so that the child was comfortable and knew what to expect.
Fun to work and play with the kids
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 15, 2017
I loved babysitting because I was being payed to have fun with kids and make easy foods which I love. It always was manageable with hours because if I needed cancel I could easily do so.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible Hours
Cons
N/a
Its okay
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Orting, WAAugust 15, 2017
Loved the kids i watched. didn't get paid much. i worked there 12 hours a day sometimes more and was paid salary. when you average it out i was paid $4/hour. i not only watched these kids but cleaned this house and did their laundry and dinner was made when they got home.
Pros
Love the kids
Cons
Not paid enough
Fabulous place to work
Nanny and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2017
As a teacher and caregiver my whole life I fit right in to the nanny world. Helping families raise their children is always an adventure. Finding a perfect fit may be a challenge but once the fit is found I have had great experiences.