NantHealth Employee Reviews

Lack of direction
manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 6, 2018
There was a deafening lack of direction.
The product line was crazy and inconsistent.
The company was made of a mix of acquired companies that were never properly integrated.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No direction
Too much in fighting
Windows Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2018
At first the place was great but out team never felt accepted. There was too much in fighting among the teams and management. Out office had all it's management let go and we were left without managers for almost 6 months before our office was closed down.
Well funded, good corporate environment
Director, Client Engagement (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Company expanded too fast in last 2 years and had to do a major sell off of divisions and RIF of many employees. I believe they have stabilized now. Was a good work environment, my direct boss was excellent and i was well treated and with respect.
Pros
Good leadership culture
Cons
Not enough focus by leadership on achieving company goals
This Place should be avoided at all costs
Manager, Proposal Development (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Management is the worse I have ever seen - best if you just look elsewhere. Managers have been promoted based on virtually nothing of value. They badger and bully and then wonder why morale is so low.
Pros
Locations
Cons
Everything other than locations
Poor Management
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 14, 2017
I loved the people I worked with and I loved my job. However, there have been so many RIFs that the atmosphere is very stressful. Management is very poor. The atmosphere is that management makes changes to workflow but no one tells you there is a change. In the course of doing your job, you get called on the carpet for not doing it right when no one told you about a change.
Pros
Benefits, job duties
Cons
Poor management
NantHealth Review
Senior Support Analyst - 2nd Level (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2017
Although I made the decision to leave NantHealth, I realized quickly that it was a wrong decision. NantHealth is a great place to work with the opportunity to learn. Management is of standard, they might consider a bit more communication but other than that, fair. The culture is great, relaxed and friendly. There is nothing I can say about NantHealth that isn't positive. Highly recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
New owner - advancement limited
MySQL Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Productive, fun place to work. Management culture. Nice place to work. Growing company. Personal relationship with my supervisor was effective, helpful and helped to move projects forward. I gave 100+ interest and effort to my job.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Management culture
Poor executive choices
Clinical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 19, 2017
NantHealth grew largely as a result of acquisitions in 2015 to 2016, just before it went public in mid-2016. Those acquisitions were not altogether strategic, as, over the ensuing 12 to 18 months, the company divested itself of these numerous healthcare software acquisitions to its partner, with whom it was actively competing with those very healthcare software applications. Moreover, the software applications were--and still are--commodities, which made for a difficult stack to sell. They were not aligned with the overall core oncology and precision medicine mission of the company, and proved to be expenses, rather than investments. Commensurate with this realization by fumbling executives, were 300 lay-offs in mid-2017, meant to save the company $70M, along with divestiture of these applications to its investment partner. The mission is noble, the company has potential, and the latest changes are probably smart, but the path taken has resulted in lots of human "roadkill" in its wake. Right now might be a better time to become involved with NantHealth, but, because of its narrowed focus and smaller workforce, it's probably not hiring. Most importantly, it still suffers from upper and mid-level management stupidity.
Pros
Cool and noble mission
Cons
Uphill battle to convince the market it needs NantHealth
Great work environment but always changing
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 23, 2017
Overall it is a great company with lots of benefits. It was challenging in the beginning since the company is still growing but that's very common for most companies anyway.
Pros
Great team
Cons
constantly changing
very diverse and relaxed work environment that catered to the caffeine addict in you and provided employee's with snack fixes
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 17, 2017
Very diverse, relaxed work environment. The catered to your caffeine fix and snack fixes with no out of pocket for you the employee; great moral boosting events held monthly.
Pros
Free coffee, snacks, soft drinks, break room with a big screen tv and pool table, indoor slide
Cons
You may work Saturdays
Unstable place to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2017
The work was enjoyable .
They do not seem to care for their employee's
The do not communicate with upper or lower management
The best part of the job was the people .
Management does it best to keep the previous culture but is not given the tools to do so.
Pros
Work From home flexability
Cons
No communication, Company is not Financially stable
Good technology but Management no vision
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 11, 2017
New technology used and lot to learn. Good development process with CI/CD. Management have no fixed direction or vision. Good work-life balance and benefits.
Definitely needs some restructuring
Health and Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 9, 2017
I loved the concept behind this company, however in seeing what has occurred with the new CEO, I'm not sure about the direction or level of job security for anyone there right now.
Pros
good work life balance and benefits
Cons
Lack of Organization, communication
NantHealth is not a place to currently work
Software Engineer In Test III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2017
NantHealth purchased NaviNet, the company I was previous had worked for five years. I didn't think it was that big a deal at the time but the corporate culture they have is non-existent. The management doesn't communicate, listen to, nor care about their employees.

The management does not even make their own goals. The budget was five months past the date it was supposed to, they have no full road map, and essentially were trying to work those there harder than necessary.

They had massive layoffs multiple times as they have no business plan, no idea, and were trying to facilitate an incomplete vision and execute against non-existent plans.
Pros
Good coworkers those that remain
Cons
Benefits are not industry standard, corporate culture generally sucks, the management can't manage, the CEO has vision but no ability to execute on it.
Good place
GPS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 8, 2017
Good place to work. Grateful for the oppt. Great purpose and will be a successful company. Good growth and great people to work with. Flexibility and growth.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2017
Mostly sit at a computer and take customer support phone calls. Very relaxed and easy paced. Everyone is very friendly. Beer friday is a must attend. Feel very involved and welcomed from management.
Enjoy Yourself!
Architect (Current Employee) –  REMOTE - SAN FRANCISCOMay 9, 2017
Company has great ideas on adopting performance based delivery tools, lots of work for the right engineers.Organization is fluid at this time but would expect it to firm up in the near future.
Great place to work, great people to work for.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 17, 2017
A typical day at Nant was walking the facility and making sure nothing was disturbed overnight. Meeting with m Manager and going over any necessary information he needed to know regarding the facility. Up coming repairs and time frame. Greeting my Associates and making sure they were equipped with what they needed to facilitate there job. Review shipping/receiving, prepare conference rooms for meetings. Culture, was very informal and relaxed environment. The management was very good about allowing us to balance our family life with our work schedules. I guess the hardest part about my job was getting the vendors to understand they had to set appointments with me before they came to our site. The most enjoyable part about my job was working for my Associates. There wasn't a day that went by that they made sure I felt appreciated. Also, our monthly Associate events. Those were always fun.
Pros
Free Snacks and drinks, great variaty of coffee to choose from, great company events
Cons
I really don't have anything negative to say
Productive and fun workplace with a pingpong table
Technical Writer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Definitely the best first job you could hope to have! Excellent management and very relaxed and friendly culture. At my job I learned about agile and lean methodology and also how to work within a small documentation team. A typical day at work would consist of team meetings with frequent social events.
Incredible place to work
IT Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 8, 2017
People around you are always happy because of the atmosphere. You cant get a place where everyone is as happy to be at work as Nanthealth employee's. The only other company that comes to mind would be google. The hours are not crazy and the managers will not harp on you as long as the job gets done when it needs to be done.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NantHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight