NantKwest Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Completely dysfunctional with no opportunity for advancement
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJuly 9, 2018
While it is rare to find a company that will let you drive your own research and pay you to do it, there is absolutely zero recognition of exceptional performance. HR is completely useless, it seems to exist as a propaganda buffer to come up with excuses for how bad the management decisions are.
There is absolutely zero effort beyond lip service to recognizing, retaining, or recruiting top talent. The pay is near the bottom end of the spectrum, stock options are laughably pitiful, bonuses are based on ridiculous goals like the company magically becoming profitable before it even has it's first FDA approval, and HR is there to tell you that this is somehow your fault.
Job Title and location left as Anonymous because they absolutely will retaliate against you for any slight, real or imagined - toxic culture.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Everything else
Potential was tremendous, opportunities were truncated with the closure
Director, Quality Operations (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 24, 2018
It was a promising job. Job location was convenient, new facility, tremendous potential, travel needed. Supervisor was encouraging, available for discussion.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Did not feels they should have closed local operations
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Due to the changes in our business climate, the difficult decision was made to consolidate our operations.

Productive and fun work environment
Sr. Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILMarch 22, 2018
Working for NantKwest was like being at home! This family orientated job was truly fast paced but it was fun and we always got the job done. It should be fun to work and not stressful - you spend the majority of your day at work being at NantKwest made it wonderful..
Pros
Family Orientated
Cons
Position closed
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed being part of the NantKwest family!

Awful Place
QA Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver CityMarch 19, 2018
Management is non existent. "Leaders" can not do what is needed to improve the company. Friends of upper management are promoted to positions in which they know nothing about.

Complete chaos everyday.
Pros
Food Trucks
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously evaluating the business priorities and providing feedback to our leadership team. The culture is evolving and we identify ourselves as a startup company that has grown by way of acquisitions. Company culture and associate engagement are a few of our top priorities and we have dedicated resources to move the needle with these initiatives.

NantKwest great potential, but not focused
Associate Director - Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 5, 2017
NantKwest has some great people in the organization, but it lacks focus and there is a growing feeling of loss of control. the goal keeps changing so highly unlikely that it will ever commercialize a potentially product
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our recruiting initiatives did indeed result in hiring amazing talent. Since our research and clinical products are state of the art, potential setbacks could occur but should not deter us from our focus on the mission and vision of the organization.