NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 2,408 reviews matching the search See all 2,602 reviews
Solid Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2019
Worked with Napa for 14 years, started as a driver and worked my way up to Manager. While the salaries could have been more favorable it also had good benefits and perks.
Napa life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2019
NAPA is a great organization. They have procedures in place that work very well in servicing their customers. There are advancement opportunities available and they pay fairly well. Benefits are pretty good as well.
Usually fast paced
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 14, 2019
Steady to fast paced work. Can be some heavy lifting. Pay is low. I enjoy working with our customers.My manager is good to work for and fellow drivers is a ggood ggrooup.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
Low pay
Stressful to deal with abrasive owner
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJune 12, 2019
The owner that I worked for was rather abrasive and did not like to listen to other ideas about how to promote new business. For this reason I decided to leave.
Working with customers was fun
Delivery Driver and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJune 12, 2019
While working at an auto parts store you are able to see what goes on in the shops. You are able to know what place is best for what kind of work you want done on your vehicle.
Pros
Discounts on parts
Cons
Short nreaks to no breaks
It was alright
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 12, 2019
They would really play favoritism on the job. They pile never change my schedule, even though there was an opportunity for change. The managers were the worse.
Pros
The people
Cons
The managers
Corporate okay, private owner,not so much
NAPA auto parts (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MAJune 12, 2019
Corporate,decent pay,good benefits-sold to another company-now,not so good on either count. Lack of management support-constant staffing issues. Culture needs to change.
Promote from within
District Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2019
Tremendous opportunity to grow and promote from within. Leading company within the professional installer market. Company carries a strong brand name that opens many doors with customers.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NYJune 10, 2019
I enjoyed my time and experience with this company. The only down fall was the lack of understanding that my manager had in an emergency family issue, when I was told family comes first when I was hired.
New Management
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2019
New Management was very young, lack of people skills, and correct problem solving techniques. Most if not all the senior employees had been there for years and found it difficult to relate to the maturity of directions given by management.
Work place is a good environment to be in
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 10, 2019
The work place that I am currently at is a good place to be. My co-workers and I get along and work well together. Auto parts are pretty good place to work.
Parts Driver
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 10, 2019
The job was parts stocking when the truck order came in and pulling the parts from stock to deliver to the shops, driving safely to the business having them sign for the parts and driving back to the store and doing an other order.
Not bad
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 8, 2019
Napa has a very good work invierment it's fun and easygoing but the pay has a top end and doesn't seem to be fair to a person who is willing to work hard and put in the extra effort to help the company move forward
Pros
Fun work invierment
Cons
Low pay
Okay for kids in school or older retirees. Not a place for anyone looking to advance their career
Parts Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MA 02135June 8, 2019
Good pay, okay benefits. Anyone with the slightest automotive knowledge can be a counter guy at Napa. They have a very archaic approach to paper work, ordering from out of state warehouses, and receiving information from upper management. No one ever seems to be on the same page when problems with customers happen.
Awsome job.
Putter/stocking (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 7, 2019
Very relaxed job payes well. And advancent is encouraged. Very safe and reasonable and manager are polite. Gets busy in the summer so stay hydrated and keep a snack near
Depends on the location
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 7, 2019
The current management at the location i recently left is a little lacking. When issues with management are reported or is complained about nothing ever seemed to be addressed. Over all Napa is a great place to work. But there are some corporate and some privately owned locations so management and policy can vary greatly. Ive visited and talked to other Napa's and their employees and some seem like great environments while at the location i worked it became a place, after 5 years of working there, that i wanted to escape at the end of the day. For a few years i was highly motivated and excited to improve, but with a change in management my drive was lost and at times felt discouraged to grow and go above and beyond for customers. Also I'm not sure its because they are privately owned, but the pay is not competitove at ALL compared to other auto parts stores.
Pros
Fun/challenging work environment
Cons
Pay is not competitive
Relaxed and fun workplace
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Hagerman, NMJune 6, 2019
Manager is relaxed and does their job neatly, coworkers are polite and make me feel welcome. Costumers are polite and always get what they are looking for.
Pros
Relaxing time, long lunches
Cons
Low on workers
Fun interesting job with a family style environment.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJune 6, 2019
I was employed for four years at an independent Napa store and it was the best place I ever worked. Management was great, hours were stable and regular, I really felt valued as an employee and came to work enjoying my daily responsibilities. Requests for agricultural and marine parts, in addition to auto parts kept me engaged and always learning new things.
I enjoyed working there
Bookkeeper Assistant, inventory mng. for freight (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAJune 6, 2019
It was a good place to work I miss it
I stayed busy I enjoy paperwork. I liked checking freight in and putting it away. I also did inventory. I pulled inventory for other stores also.
Management has authority and they make sure you know that.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2019
My manager would be in and out of the store on the whim and leave the front unattended. We lost bonuses because of his sales methods causing everyone to lose possible extra money. The sales department does not like him and he has been causing issues with scheduling. I liked my schedule and the pay got me by, but one day i saw that i was scheduled to work days I had class and his response was "sucks to suck...Don't come in."
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight