NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 1,010 reviews matching the search See all 1,115 reviews
Sad Day
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 16, 2018
Managers only worked with and supported those that they partied with after work. Not a good place to work. Always looking over your shoulder. Always a fear of loss job, regardless on performance.
It was a decent job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Napa. It was a very consistent job. Some cleaning and stocking in the car if you do not have any deliveries. It is a great job. I would have stayed if full time.
A good learning experience
manager (Current Employee) –  Rio Vista, CAJuly 13, 2018
On a typical day at work I would help other employees learn and teach them to find the right parts. I learned how to fix cars, trucks, tractors, and off roat equipment. The most enjuyable part of my job is when you do a good job and the customer is happy.
Pros
close to home
Ver Fast Paced when busy
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAJuly 12, 2018
Everything from cleaning/ Stocking to Sales, Customrr Relatoons and researching products for use/Sales in our store. Keeping upto date with equipment
Certain Manager(s) and company culture ruins it.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJuly 12, 2018
Certain people can get away with doing little everyday while others go 110% yet no rewards. Certain manager(s) have abusive/hostile attitudes when they have a bad day and get grumpy, while nothing is done about it.

Overall there needs to be turnaround in specific areas before the warehouse becomes stable and a fun place to work again.
Toxic. Stay Away.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 11, 2018
TOXIC work environment, long hours, angry customers & really terrible coworkers who get away with harassment bc they have tenure... this company does not care about you as a person, they will work you to death and then replace you with out a second thought. Absentee store managers are common and it leaves a lot of issues for counter people to try and solve. No time for training, you have to do it at home and not get paid for it. So stressful & NOT worth it !
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Coworkers, mgmt, old school stupid HR policies, no lunch breaks a lot of the time, high stress
no productive
Driver & warehouse (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJuly 11, 2018
I would not recommend this job because employees work full time and they do not have any medical insurance. employees deserve to be well treated instead of yelling at them. employees need some respect.
Poor Management and career opportunities
Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MO 63304July 10, 2018
Didn't receive proper training from Management and HR staff. Frivolous right ups by superiors. No opportunity for growth. No lunch breaks when working more than 6 hours. Lack of equal opportunity.
Cons
No lunch breaks when working more than 6 hours;
Relaxed and enjoyable work environment
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIJuly 9, 2018
NAPA was a fun and relaxing place to work. There was room for advancement but there was not pressure to do more work than what you were getting paid to accomplish. Management was professional, but friendly. The pay was respectable for the work-load. Overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Relaxing work environment, not high-stress
Good Company to work for
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 7, 2018
Napa is a good company to work for. Their software and procedures in a lot of areas I think are out dated and I know can be done better. But they are a big company and have been around a long time, so they must be doing it right.

Training is great, you learn automotive systems and technical

I worked from 10 to 7 during the week, 9 to 5 on weekends

Culture, they are geared more to shops, that is their niche

having to work with customers who try to get one over on you constantly is the hardest part to deal with.

I enjoyed helping people learn how to do something on their car by teaching them what they had to do to fix their car step by step.
Pros
Strong company, good training
Cons
out dated software

Want to know more about NAPA Auto Parts?

Ask a question
holiday meals
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
Most of the people are ok, management unrealistic goals, they are out to group everyone into the same, poor leadership. Nobody wants to work there, people hang on that been there a long time,
Good place to work until they hired some slackers who lied about me and stole things from me.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 5, 2018
The first three years were productive and enjoyable. I think I deserved more than $ 10/hr. Toward the 4th year, they hired some slackers out of jail and prison who were lazy, dishonest and stole items. In the end, I got canned instead of the true culprits.
Pros
Casual atmosphere, good co-workers
Cons
Not enough pay, mngmt. falling for jailbirds antics while they were still using drugs.
Great Place to work my managers were the best out of many.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJuly 4, 2018
I have work for several of the major Auto Parts Companies and NAPA treated the best out of all of them. They took me in, trained me on there computers and one of the veterans took me on for at least a month to show me the delivery and stocking ropes.Assistant and General managers were great as well.
Pros
People and management
Cons
Lifting heavy batteries and heavy warehouse products for deliveries.
Delivered parts and enjoyed the customers
Delivery Driver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 4, 2018
I did enjoy the job, however, I never received any raises and I did extra job duties that was not required, but wanted to help in whatever way I could. I never felt like it was appreciated and I left for what was supposed to be a better paying job.
Great experiane productive fun pkace to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 3, 2018
Great experience. Just getting the job done. Working very productive and also taking alot of responsibility. Everyone was very respectable and knowledgeable about the work environment
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Cool Job with flexiable hours
Cashier/Stock/Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJuly 2, 2018
Napa auto parts is a cool job, I would recommend it to teens who are coming out of high school and are looking for a good job to start out with. It has good benefits and the hours are very flexible especially if your in college.
Pros
Benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Managment and communication and policy rules
not a great choice
customer service parts specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 1, 2018
the management was poorly hired there was alot of favortism within the company. the work environment was a horrible experience no pay increase even tho you were to do the job of two people on 1 person pay all around a terrible place to work
Long productive days
Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MD 20678July 1, 2018
The work load was heavy shared by all and the staff worked well together. Upper management did not support when needed. Between store deliveries operated by upper management was hit and miss
District sales manager
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Not a sales job most of your time is spent doing manual labor moving parts from Napa's that are shutting down back to the distribution center or putting in inventory into Napa stores that the store owners normally can't afford so in 5months you half to go back and pull all the parts you put in. Napa screwed the city of Houston so we lost that business. Also they like to merge jobs and have layoffs and then don't want to train you how to do the new position they merged with your job. Very bad experience would not recommend this company to anyone unless you really hate that person.
Pros
None found
Cons
Slave labor
Everyone got along
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 27, 2018
It was steady work. I liked the people I worked with and all of my customers that came in and the ones we delivered to. Became friends with a lot of them. It was fast paced at times.
Pros
Discounts on parts
Cons
Having to get parts from out of town for impatient customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight