NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 1,276 reviews matching the search See all 1,404 reviews
Good place to get Automotive Part Experience
Junior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAJanuary 22, 2019
I really enjoyed my time working for Napa Auto parts. I learned a lot here, workingg alongside other part professionals I learned the business from the bottom up. I would say this particular business isnt for everyone. There is a lot of stress in a parts department in general but for Napa to stay alive we must be a contender in a world of competition. And the competition is cut throat. But with determination, a high stress tolerance, and a go getter attitude, anyone could excell in the parts business in Napa. They also pay for your ASE certification.
Pros
Good experience, Pay for your ASE Certification, good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, unflexible hours, unkept promises, slow to promote, don't give out raises on time, have to make sure they are paying you correctly
Napa doesn't care about you, why should you care about them?
Counter sales (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Worked napa for over a few years now and have noticed morale is lost to save the company money. They dropped everyone to UNDER 40 hours a week without warning. My coworkers and myself were told about raises we would get but never happened. Then told us we had to do training but never showed anyone how to. All they only care about is the bottom dollar and not employee morale. They shift there employees around from store to store without warning. They expect you to do it no questions asked even if you don't have a way to the location they want you at the next day. Everyone including myself are looking for new jobs, they are losing employees in wny area by the day. Sad, this company was once great and now corporate greed has taken this company down. People can start working in fast food and make more then employees that have worked for years in the company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low morale, low pay, no advancement
Overall decent
PART SPECIALIST/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 27, 2018
Working here was pleasurable at times. But far too many times management went against company policy putting employees in a pinch. Far too many instances of buddy buddy favoritism. Pay wasn't enough to live on without scraping by. No benefits whatsoever. Good co worker but management/ownership wasn't up to the standards of how a business should be ran. Overall good job though for someone that's retired or just starting out.
Pros
free breakfast at times, good customers
Cons
management, benefits
Blissful.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 14, 2018
Once you do your job for maybe a week, depending on ones learning curve, it becomes second hand. The desicion making throughout the warehouse is something I find myself rarely agreeing with. After working there for a couple months short of 3 years now, and I find that I get less and less from this company. There is no fulfillment, just expectations. That may be fine at first, but now it's time for a change.
Pros
Warm workspace, great co workers.
Cons
Poor management, terrible part time benefits. Low incentive to continue employment
Was a good company at one time
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCFebruary 4, 2019
have to work in three years and being told that my skills were excellent but my value and Worth to the company was not enough to deserve a raise it was time to go,now the company is taking away all commission all commission sales no booster base pay just not worth working for them anymore,no advantage to being able to get the job done,they told me they just need a body in the position,how humiliated I felt
Pros
Cons
More than you have room for
Napa doesn't care about you, why should you care about them?
Counter sales (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYAugust 28, 2018
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low morale, low pay, no advancement
Great Job
Diver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 14, 2019
My manager was awesome. as a diver it was simple. I doubled checked my parts and deliver the parts and if there was cores or defective I picked them up. As a Dispatcher my job was to pull an order or many orders of the printer then pull the parts and sent them up for the runs. I had a head dispatch but if he was sick or out I took over. the job taught me how to double check my work and work together even better with peopel
Pros
flexible hours, great benifits
Cons
customer were sometime dificult to deal with
Fast pace relaxed work environment
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 12, 2018
Fast-paced work environment most relaxed Warehouse I've worked in however there are very immature coworkers that spread rumors about others and try to start things with others rather than working together as a team management it's very reasonable and try to help you as much as they can
Pros
Good benefits OK pay management is pretty reasonable
Cons
Warehouse does not really work as a team
Horrible place to work
Driver/ Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MDAugust 17, 2018
The pay is horrible theres no room for advancement they will not relocate you if you move they will work you full time hours then make you take a extra 15 mins on your lunch so you mins under 40 hours so they dont need to give you a raise for moving to full time. They have you work all positions but wont assign you a register if you are a driver so they dont have to give you the raise they say they offer for operating multiple departments. no paid holidays no paid vacation if you are sick you better have a note from your doctor the pharmacist your mother and provide gps data from your cell phone to show your exact location during your sick day (that was sarcasm but very close) and heaven forbid you dont wear socks one day or the no show socks because your boss will tell you to take off your shoes to check if you are in dress code. HONEST OPINION = SCREW THAT PLACE!
Pros
You can keep yourself out of a little less debt because you do in fact have something of a job
Cons
Oh boy
love the people i work with and the atmosphere, just needs better pay
Parts Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 23, 2018
most enjoyable part is the people i work with, but low staffed most the time making everyone stressed and puting to much work load on the good employees that go above and beyond to make it run smoothly. managment doesn't give its good employees acknowledgement when its deserver to make them feel appreciated and doesnt raise your pay to be adequate to the mount of work and responsibilitie they expect from you
Pros
co workers, discounts
Cons
low pay, no employee appreciation, low staffed
• Delivering the right parts to the right people at the right time with care and responsiveness • Work independently while engaging with customers, or
Delivery Driver/Parts (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 18, 2018
I like driving around delivering parts, it's fun, but it's only part time and does not align with my degree or areas of interests. It's a good job to have while something good comes your way.
Pros
wages, compensation, benefits
Cons
Part-time, not good pay and no room to really advance to a career
Work life balance poor
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJanuary 14, 2019
*Upper management only concerned about the bottom line and not the employee job satisfaction
*Mandatory overtime for Assistant managers and above with no thought of family impact
*Poor upper management who have no idea what it is like to deal with the public or run a store on a day to day basis
Pros
Good pay, good benifits
Cons
Poor life work balance, uncaring upper manegment
It's a job.
Customer Service / Research (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAJanuary 31, 2019
recently started work in the Schaumburg office and have loved every second of it. I never thought it was possible to have an office job you love going to. napa treats their employees with the upmost respect. They have amazing benefits, great flexibility, and are nothing less than understanding when it comes to your personal life. There is NO dress code either....they want us to be comfortable while working!
Pros
Discount
Cons
No AC.
Work hard and play hard
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 6, 2018
great environment to work at with fast paced high energy workplace culture. great people to work around and great benefits with employee discounts. room for advancement and promote from within attitude.
Pros
employee discount and training program
Cons
full work load and management support
If you like to travel territorial, this is a perfect job.
Tools and Equipment District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
Napa is a large company that tries to take care of all the people that work there. The company is going through many changes so it was tough to get properly trained. I learned very quick what to and not to do. Very fast paced, high stressed sales position. Overall experience was enjoyable just away from family too much for compensation.
Pros
Expense account and travel were nice
Cons
Expected to do more projects than actually sales
Outside sales
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 8, 2019
Well the people are nice but the company wasn't organized. Get everything in writing because they will try to change your job description and job completely. Salary was 24000 a year. 400 dollar travel check monthly and first cap is at 30000 and you receive 500 but will never make it. Always changing sales numbers ect.
Pros
Nice in store people
Cons
Low pay
Stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 14, 2018
Pay was decent. Drivers regularly take on position of counter person for the pay of a driver. AlWAYS, always under staffed!! Good benefits with vacation and holliday pay, monthly quota bonuses are a plus, occasional lunch courtesy of the company. Commercial customers can treat you however they want and its acceptable because they value their customers more than they value their employees.
Pros
Income, bonuses, paid time off
Cons
Short staffed, stressful, Demanding, weekend work mandatory, being a counter person when you are only a driver
cut throat
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 1, 2018
outside sales reps are undermined by the district and the stores. Example, they have a promotion, email the rep the fliers and by the time you get to your account, the store already called them and sold them, the same day. Then, in my case, get a call from the DM wanting to know why my sales of that promotion are lagging. To say they are "F'ed up" would be a compliment .
benefits
Cons
management, if you can call it that
push you hard with no up side
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WV 25702January 25, 2019
been there nearly two years with no raise working forty hours a week but only at their discretion im still listed as part time and only being offered one week vacation even though last year they gave me two different manager
Unsatisfying
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAJanuary 10, 2019
Inconsistencies from Management, Didn't Provide a Living Wage, Typical Part-Time Employment Where Corporations (franchise) Avoid Providing Health Benefits. Only The Top Tier Provided With Acceptable/Sustainable Salaries/Benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight