NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 1,107 reviews matching the search See all 1,220 reviews
love the people i work with and the atmosphere, just needs better pay
Parts Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 23, 2018
most enjoyable part is the people i work with, but low staffed most the time making everyone stressed and puting to much work load on the good employees that go above and beyond to make it run smoothly. managment doesn't give its good employees acknowledgement when its deserver to make them feel appreciated and doesnt raise your pay to be adequate to the mount of work and responsibilitie they expect from you
Pros
co workers, discounts
Cons
low pay, no employee appreciation, low staffed
Worked for an independent owner
General Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, PASeptember 22, 2018
Great place to work. Worked my way up from a counter sales person to an Operations Manager of 4 stores over the period of about 8 years. The owner and I were a tight pair that grew the business and made it successful.
Pros
Great Owner and mentor.
Cons
Lean staffing at times
Fun place to work
Auto part sales and delivery (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 20, 2018
Always a chance to greaten your knowledge on automobiles , and it's a fun work environment. A plus to it all , is getting discounted parts for your own personal vehicles and knowing about the new products that's coming out.
Pros
not hard work
Cons
having to work weekends
Biggest mistake I ever made
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 20, 2018
Wasted 21 years of my life giving NAPA more than anyone I have ever seen to accomplish goals and create competition with
co-workers. Awarded Manager of the Year and let go that same week for no reason at all. Benefits suck and most can't afford them.
Pros
It's a job
Good Company
Auto Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellenville, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Family owned business.Great people. Hectic work schedule with floating hours. Crew I work with are good people and easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is customers asking for auto parts when that have no idea what they are looking for. Improper vehicle information equals improper parts
Pros
Only three miles from my home
Cons
Management is spread over ten stores and not very efficient
Retail Auto Industry
Parts person, Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OH 43081September 19, 2018
It's retail. The general public is full of people who should not be working on their own cars and that is were most of the frustration comes from. It is still satisfying to help people fix their problems and fix them right.
The upper management doesn't necessarily know what the average employee does on a daily basis. Many of them have no experience outside of the office setting. Which leads them to make some.... questionable decisions for the store level employees.
Assistant managers are supposed to get a guaranteed 50 hours a week -- 10 hours of overtime. But in exchange you may take a small pay cut to compensate for the overtime. Which is pretty annoying, especially when you don't consistently get the 50 hours.
Upper management has no issues playing musical staff and will do so at a drop of a hat to fill holes you didn't necessarily sign up for.
Pros
Employee discount. Paid doctor's appointments. Generous, set vacation times.
Cons
30 minute lunch. No paid mileage.
NAPA is Basic No real room for growth. Be prepaired for Verbal Abuse.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Ive worked for NAPA in three stores in Two different states. The most recent was a out of state transfer. No money for relocation. hostile work environment Big promises,and not keeping their word. I started out as a driver and worked my way up to a store manager. I had been in the industry for ten years and started with this company for a part time job, as I had income already. As time went on I was offered to move up when upper staff,threw in the towel and finally had enough. My salary only increased in cents and they always included bonuses as a way for me to say yes to the promotion with the company. The bonus are a scam and are set to screw over your customers,and by the time you get it. Everyone in the district has had their hands in the cookie jar. You have customers who dont understand what they need and scream at you because they dont know what they need. Because a part is a part and every air filter fits the same car..... Then you have wholesale accounts who spend x amount of money a month and will curse you out and scream because of pricing Atlanta sets up. You do a price override to help em out,then the guys at the district call you up and scream because you lost some GP. But how dare you tell them no you cant override a price, Ive been called every single curse word by both retail customers and wholesale The job is fast pace and is for someone who can mutitask and have a thick skin. If you have no life and want to be a lifer this company is for you. If you want to spend time with your family then avoid this company. They promise vacation and time off,but your  more... never allowed to use it. Only thing is that the 401k is good.  less
Pros
Retirement package
Cons
Long work days, no time off.
Enjoyable workplace
Salesman and Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenburg Depot, NYSeptember 18, 2018
The coworkers are great. Management was also great. The customers were the major contribution to the awesome factor of the job. I worked in Ellenburg Depot.
Good company to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I have l learned a lot with this company. It has given me the opportunity to grow as a salesperson. I have worked here for almost rheee years now. But looking to keep on growing.
Sales
Wholesale manager (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 18, 2018
This Is a job n the retain parts industry it will alost pay the bills but not a good career if you are looking to be in the automotive world find a way in to a rep position
They were a good company to work for
Part salesman (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNSeptember 17, 2018
I had a fun time working there they were good with scheduling. The manager was very good to me when they sold to corprate but didn’t give me prior notice saying they were selling out so I was left with no job.
customer services, fun
Maintain and assist manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJ 07105September 17, 2018
The ability to display merchandise how I felt would attract customers. I learned to be organized, details and an eye detail. My hours were flexible but I was required to work some weekends.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Advancement opportunity were scares
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2018
Its a great place to work .. The managers are great .. They really help with what you need .. All employees are really good at team work and talking to each other .
Pay and benefits do not match work performed.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  DeRidder, LASeptember 16, 2018
Work performed and benefits don't match. Have to perform jobs that are not in the job description. Benefits such as health insurance are very costly. Don't make enough to afford benefits
Job Review
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 15, 2018
I honestly didn't like this job due to not being part of my study and my manager played favorites which drew me away from the company. I enjoyed the hours but because of me returning to school, my manager did not approve of it and took my hours and pay away.
Pros
discounted parts
Cons
hours and management
Not a bad place to work
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 14, 2018
I've been at Napa for 3 plus years now and I have not excelled past the parts counter. Definitely not for lack of trying. Because Napa is a corporately owned company management in said stores can't actually promote anybody without going through the office 1st period and the office only promote people that kiss their behinds. Management is not even allowed to fire people without going through Napa corporate.
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 14, 2018
Pay was decent. Drivers regularly take on position of counter person for the pay of a driver. AlWAYS, always under staffed!! Good benefits with vacation and holliday pay, monthly quota bonuses are a plus, occasional lunch courtesy of the company. Commercial customers can treat you however they want and its acceptable because they value their customers more than they value their employees.
Pros
Income, bonuses, paid time off
Cons
Short staffed, stressful, Demanding, weekend work mandatory, being a counter person when you are only a driver
Non stop work. Always on your feet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Being a young person in this buisness grants you no benefits. Complete lack of respect for anyone under the age of 40. Unfortunately even if you a large amount of knowledge and experience in the automotive field, your age is all that matters to customers and will completely affect your day to day work.
Dont work for this company
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJSeptember 11, 2018
Horrible company stuck in the 1950's. WASPY work environment who doesn't think about the overall operation and common workers. Super political work environment.
Fast paced, busy auto parts store
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2018
Typical day is morning office work, bank deposits, reports, balancing sales from the day before. Afternoon is shipping and receiving, stocking the warehouse.
Pros
Convenient location, flexible hours
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight