NAPA Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Found 1,190 reviews matching the search See all 1,311 reviews
Key holder/ counterman (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORDecember 11, 2018
The store staff i was with was awesome. Good people awesome place to work. I wouldn't have left but the drive everyday was a bit long. I would go back to a closer location.
Pros
Discount on parts
Cons
Weekend work
Great Place to Work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 10, 2018
It is a great work environment. Management has been great. The work load is reasonable. I love the team work that my colleagues provided on a daily basis.
was a fun place to work
Counter Salesperson, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PADecember 5, 2018
was fun to work at learned so much about customer service there .fast paced sometimes stress full .some times fun. enjoyed helping customers choose the correct part for to fix there car or truck.
Pros
discounts on parts great co workers
Cons
long hours sometimes, weekend work
Productive and friendly environment
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILDecember 5, 2018
A typical day of work at my Napa was 8 hours with an occasional 9 to 10 hour day, mandatory 1 hour lunch. In my time there I learned how to check in stock, put up stock, do cores and defective parts as well as new returns. I learned how to talk to and help customers as well as work the computer system they had.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
May not get the pay you need to live in a decent home
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 3, 2018
a typical day at work. what you learned. management. workplace culture. the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job. a typical day at
Good job to get your foot in the door or temporary employment needs
Parts Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIDecember 3, 2018
NAPA as a whole is a great company. Difficult management & indifference to employee requests / needs. Leadership does not appear to rank highly in some locations.
Napa
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEDecember 2, 2018
A field that I'm knowledgeable in but that I was underutilized and underpaid. The team was great but didn't get along well with the management art the time.
Constant learning about products in market, fast paced.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 1, 2018
Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities like inventory, wholesale and retail customers, employees, scheduling, and training. You get the keys to a store and are told to run with it.
Fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Canton, CTNovember 29, 2018
Fun relaxed environment, very fast paced must be on time every day and get done what needs to get done. Laid back and relaxed but worth it. Do not make enough money for what I do though.
Pros
I don’t know
Cons
I don’t know
good and caring people
Human Resources Assistant/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 27, 2018
The people there are good and caring people. Been in the auto parts busy for a long time , needing a change in my life. I am hard working and never complain about anything. Willing to learn as much as i can where ever I go. Working at Carquest and Napa, I have made alot of friends.But, I am looking for more in my LIFE.
Ok
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MTNovember 26, 2018
You must know your stuff about cars to a point, so basic stuff, work hard, do your job and you’ll be fine. If you have questions don’t be afraid to ask
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Sometimes confusing
Sucked
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sterlington, LANovember 26, 2018
h is the time of the time you get home and get home from work and get home and get ready to go to The this place was the most amazing food I wanna I have ever seen it and I was gonna we were
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXNovember 25, 2018
Great hrs, no Sundays , training, cross training , many stores are private and are owner/ operators. Most stirs a red family owned..Corp Napa is always willing to help the privately owned stores and give training when needed....
Pros
Family owned stores
Cons
Dont have one
I liked that i could get out and make deliverys
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Countryside, ILNovember 24, 2018
It was a good place to work it grew from a mom pop store to having two locations and the one owner. That is how the customer service is there as well as if they will do whatever they have to do to please the customer
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough pay or hours
A great way to learn automotive knowledge and people skills
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Angola, NYNovember 20, 2018
I worked for napa for 20 years was a good experience I was able to learn allot of automobile knowledge and gained allot of customer service skills and problem solving biggest problem was new owners every so many years and no appreciation from them hence why I lost my job
Pros
A great learning experience for automotive knowledge
Cons
No appreciation for employees
• Delivering the right parts to the right people at the right time with care and responsiveness • Work independently while engaging with customers, or
Delivery Driver/Parts (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 18, 2018
I like driving around delivering parts, it's fun, but it's only part time and does not align with my degree or areas of interests. It's a good job to have while something good comes your way.
Pros
wages, compensation, benefits
Cons
Part-time, not good pay and no room to really advance to a career
was a good place to get experience but management try to use intimidation alot on workers
Puller/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 18, 2018
was a good place to get hands on experience in warehouse but the mangement was disrespectful in many forms and they acted like children and would try to intimidate their workers
Ok Job
Outside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 17, 2018
Napa is an alright company to work for. The biggest downfall of the company is upper management not listening to employees on the store level. Management only looks at numbers, not real life situations. If a store is not performing up to par, managements' solution is "sell more parts", instead of looking into the problem and seeing what the real issue is. If you are not favored by upper management, the opportunity for career advancement is slim, no matter how well you do your job. The sales quotas are unrealistic some months. The sales team is frequently pulled off the road for meetings and/or training sessions. Half the time the meetings could have been an email or a conference call.
Good job to work
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 16, 2018
Napa was a good place to work. Enjoyed working with the public. It was fast paced and I learned new things daily. All in all I would recommend working there.
Pros
Discounted parts
Cons
Multitasking alot
Not a bad place to work if you like cars. It can, however, get very stressful
Counterman (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 15, 2018
It's a face paced work environment. It can, and does, get very stressful. The mechanics can be very hard to deal with sometimes to the point of being angry with you.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
dealing with customers and mechanics can be very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight