NAPA Auto Parts

NAPA Auto Parts insights

Based on 1,561 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Cool people to work with, sometimes it can be tough a d busy

Worked as a driver, it had its time where it can get busy. Drive company car with AC during the summer so that's a plus. Monthly meeting to meet our goals a discussion what needs to be fix.

Pros

1 hr break

Cons

Toxic work environment and sometimes gets it right

If you like being lied to and stabbed in the back with management being spoken to very poorly with no control then this is the place for you...like being back at school and a great place to learn to be a clown

NAPA and there store's.

You have to be really carful here. Depending on the town, traffic etc. The Mgrs. runs the store's and there pretty much allowed to treat people as they see fit. Most of them have you do at least 2 jobs. Some people do not have to work as much as others. The store boss's are the only thing that matter to the company. Some are ok some complain all the time , you never know what your going to get none of the store's are the same. It was one of the top retirement jobs, was. For the most part you can try it out and see where it goes. Not everyone is treated the same. There always hiring people at most stores. I personally do not like people yacking, and me and doing more than 2 jobs. I don't like working days that other drivers do not have to work. Some get really up set if you make a mistake. Some track your car. I would not advise giving them your cell # they like to call when your driving and get mad if you do not get the phone call. If your in a tablet store they can text you they don't use it much. Its a push push rush at most of the stores. If there open on Sun/Sat not all driver's work on weekends.

Pros

Warm car

Cons

Depends on the store

If you enjoy working with people, if you like people and having a good relationship with them, it is a great place to work.

Good place to work. Great boss. There was nothing difficult. Employees were all great to work with. We had fun. Teamwork was good. I don't know what else to say here. I enjoyed my job very much, especially all the customers.

Pros

relaxed

Cons

long hours for me.

simple job, it was what I applied for

the manager doesn't bother and lets you do the job, customers are nice most of the time, pretty straightforward work, training might be difficult for some

Pros

easy work just driving no one on your back if you just do the work

Cons

no navigation system making training a little hard can get boring and repetitive

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

I would not recommend.

The hours aren’t great. The pay speaks for itself. The people are not very friendly. No benefits, few holidays off. Pay definitely does not match up with the workload. Warehouse has no AC. The vehicles you would drive are junkie.

Productive and fun place

Great place to work. Understanding management. Always space to improve and move up in the company. Highly recommend if you’re good with parts and cars

Pros

Free lunches

Good personal

Very nice to work there.was a good place to work.. enjoy the working environment.. pay was sufficient... management was always there for you.. enjoy working with the customers.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Short break

Wow!

If you take pride in your work and try to do the best you can everyday. Then don't work here. They will just use you until your burned out. If your lazy and don't care. It's a great place to work. They will love you.

Pros

Cons

Everything sucks

Good place to work, but someone is always to blame

You can do all things right, but one slip up and now you're under a microscope. Plus one of the higher ups there would just treat people like garbage and was never under criticism because he made money for the store.

Pros

Good breaks, able to eat on the road

Cons

Constant finger pointing, not valued, essentially abused by higher ranked employees if they are able to bring in money

Nothing good. You are treated as a disposable

Awful place to work. No chance of raise. No incentive. Management by threat. I am astounded they stay in business. I would not recommend this job to anyone

Pros

Cons

Low pay, lots of ignorant management not qualified to do their job, enormous turnover

Easy job but management is sub par

Just there to clock in, make money, and leave. There’s some favoritism between the manager and an employee where it’s like she can do no wrong, no matter how many people complain about her. No communication between managers and when you’re sick and can’t come in they act like it’s a hinderance to them and not a real health issue. It’s a stable job with good pto.

Pros

Quota lunches, job security, flexible schedule

Cons

Favoritism

Good work environment

This company gives flexibility, the people are very friendly very nice atmosphere to work. Great Company, no ones constantly over looking what you're doing they make you feel appreciated as a worker.

Pros

Company breakfasts and lunches

Cons

Works during bad weather

Easy going place to work

Always a laugh there employees are fun and helpful to be around, very willing to help others with anything. Management needs to talk employees to let them know how they are doing and be more approachable.

Pros

Good hours

Not the worst but not the best

Not a bad place to work but not much room to advance, more of a job than career. Would be good for a g2 driver in the summer looking to make extra money or someone new into the delivery field

Poor Management

Your typical run of the mill auto parts store. You tell management the issues that need to be addressed and nothing changes. Your fellow employees that have more seniority can do nothing while you are expected to do much much more. Getting days off are not going to happen due to under staffing. Upper management is a complete joke, dont bother.

Pros

Drive a company vehicle?

Cons

Everything Else

Super fun place to work.

I started when I was 19 working through college. I ended when I was 28 when I started my own business. They taught me everything I know and I am super grateful for Napa auto parts.

It's more working by yourself work You Pick Your Parts and you go deliver them

This is individual work by yourself kind of job. Some days it can be busy and hectic and then some days it's slow. On slow days you would have to restock the shelves and find other job duties to fill your day.

Easy job.

As a driver, it was a basic driving gig. It is a great job for part time. They were flexible it’s time. Management was professional, but knew how to have a good time.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay

Fun place to work

It's different from other jobs I've had, other its challenges and you have to deal with all kinds of people on the daily. Would recommend someone looking for a job to try there before going someplace else.

Pros

Cheaper car parts for working on cars.

Cons

Sometime gets confusing on routes

Everybody’s cool. Just do your job and there won’t be any issues. Delivering parts is simple so that’s all I got.

The environment is very diverse and everybody gets along. It’s really as simple as clocking in, picking a vehicle, and waiting for your assigned routes. Maybe bring a water or a few snacks and you won’t have any issues.

Pros

Everybody jokes around but nobody slows the pace of the job down.

Cons

If you’re looking for a change of pace at any point, you will get bored fast. Listen to a podcast or something on the radio in the car and you’ll be fine, work may slow down if nobody is Ordering parts so it can be very boring on the rarest of occasion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAPA Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare NAPA Auto Parts with

Career recommendations for Delivery Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • NAPA Auto Parts