Naperville Community Unit School District 203 Employee Reviews

Substitute
Substitute Teacher & aide, different grades (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 6, 2019
Naperville school district is great to work for. For being a substitute, it's nice to be able to work at different schools and receive the same treatment from everyone. Friendly staff and inviting atmosphere.
203 teaching assistant
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working in district 203, the teacher I worked under was very organized and respectful. The parents are very involved, which can be good or bad at times. The culture was amazing.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Pay
Bad place to work overnight
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville North HSSeptember 3, 2018
while working in the supporting staff (cleaning) staff they do not like ne team members they will get together and make up different lies to keep you out so you will not make the union unless you become part of their group .I was lied on had damage to my car supervisor harass me treated me like I was a child ,very stressful environment the principal and Sports director or evil people that seeks help don't work here unless you are ready for a legal battle .
Pros
Great H R dept
Cons
make sure your ready for the battle
Productive and collaboration is valued
Chemistry Teacher (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work. Kids are awesome, parents are supportive, peers and administration are helpful. I would highly recommend working for this K-12 District.
Workday Review
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 20, 2018
A typical day is never the same and it provides mobility. This position is providing many chances to learn about managing children behaviors, disabilities, and academics. The hardest part of the job is the pay and that there isn't much growth opportunities unless received further education (licensed teacher or certified staff). I like the job, the interaction with the students and enjoy helping students on their academic journey.
District is changing for the worse
Educator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 16, 2017
Terrible leadership at the top, especially in special education. Increasing number of kids are out of control and aggressive, but the district believes in full inclusion no matter how it affects the other children or whether that placement is the right fit for the student. They give little to no support to teachers who struggle tremendously with student behaviors. Parents don’t realize how much their children are actually exposed to in this district. So glad to have left that mess!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great students and teachers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 30, 2017
Great students and teachers, but administration is poor. Need to look at whole child and realize not everyone is upper class , gifted, and white. It's a shame.
Great Learning Enviroment
DIstrict School Substitute (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 7, 2017
Great district to be a part of. Enjoyed the new ideas that had a constant movement through out the campuses. Love a growth mindset for teachers and students.
Pros
great mindset for success for all
This is an excellent School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Employees are friendly and make you feel like one of the family. The schools I have worked at are fair to the subs and treat us with respect. The teachers seem friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
They should hire me!
Public School
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 19, 2016
Naperville CUSD #203 also provides public school education to school aged children. They too are progressive and have a good reputation among parents and other area schools.
Unpaid, very worth it for experience
Teacher/Intern (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 6, 2016
Early hours but it is a school so it is expected. No pay but the experience teaching children is enough. The children are very well behaved and fun to teach.
Pros
Intrinsic value
Cons
Dress up often, be very tolerant