Naphcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Stressful Work Environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
Poor Management.It is always stressful to be called into Management's Office. Every time you are called into the Management office feels as if you are in trouble.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work - great people
Data Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 27, 2018
Great place to work - I created reports based on their in house Techcare system. I learned how their system worked and how their database tied into the reporting. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to apply what I had learned there to enrich the reporting.
Pros
Free Pharmacy
Good Place, Just Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
Showing up and great communication skills in admin office. there is a lot of drama through out the jail. Admin can get a little dramatic but otherwise it is very quiet. Pay is really well for most admin.
Pros
Pay, time off, pto, benefits
Cons
stress and drama
Loved loved loved
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2018
I absolutely loved working here, wish I could've stayed but I make more as a cna, than a nurse the parking is horrible, great start for the new nurses, the officers are all amazing
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Low pay
Absolutely Horrific Management
Licensed Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough County Jail, FLMarch 24, 2018
After Disney Hallow Scream. When management makes up a lie a Clinician said he was suicidal you cannot stoop any lower on the scum pole in my book.
Pros
The Detention Deputies, pay is decent.
Cons
After Disney worst management ever in my 28 years as a Mental Health Clinician
Working with the deputies was great - the medical staff poor
Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 22, 2018
This company has poor management - from corporate on down to the local management. They want to run the facility on bones - to make the largest profit possible. Bare this in mind! You will have the poorest - lowest cost supplies possible.
Pros
The inmates appreciate any and all help given...
Cons
Low staff, call outs, poor management.
Cut throat and highly unfair, Will fire you in a second
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2018
Don't waste your time applying for this position, high turnover, not worth the pay. Every day felt like you were in prison, sitting on pins and needles, based on the moods of the lead scheduler who is controlling, on a power hype, and want to be a manager so bad. Messy, gossipy and will smile in your face. Management focuses more on trying to fire you rather than retention. Setting a stressful tone, sort of a Meangirls atmosphere if you are not with the clique. You will constantly be watched.
Think about your overall wellbeing
Contracting (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 13, 2018
I completely understand needing a job. I would never say decline a job at NaphCare, BUT if you have ANY other comparable options, take the other option.
Pros
Benefits, The salaries are not equitable, As long as you dont know what your fellow employee is making, you'll be fine.
Cons
Cut throat and highly unfair, Will fire you in a minute, often without merit.
Run, don’t walk away from NaphCare
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 10, 2018
Unethical treatment is the norm. If you decline to abuse and neglect patients you become a target. I can not imagine a more destructive and disgusting work environment. Naphcare is a for profit company benefiting from the abuse and neglect of patients in correctional system. They make life or death decisions based on finances alone. I wouldn’t wish this employer on anyone.
productive and fun environment
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed everyday of working at Naphcare. It was a fast paced environment that keeps you busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a compassionate team of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Corrections has to be right for you
LPN/RN (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 12, 2017
Once you get used to it, it’s not horrible. The pay is descent. If you work full time, expect to loose your patience working with this special population.
Pros
Coworkers are helpful
Cons
Frequent changes, poor management, inmates are treated better than nurses
Naphcare
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 7, 2017
It is difficult constantly dealing with inmates. I provide the best care to inmates. I see patients after they submit paperwork explaining why they need to be seen by Medical. I have sharpened my assessment skills as well as learning how to prioritize. I have learned how to complete multiple tasks at a time. I have also learned how to remain calm under pressure. I work closely with the Medical Providers and Managers. I receive orders and document them each of the patients charts. The hardest part about this job is the expectations of management vs reality. I am able to decide what situation is an emergency and if it warrants notifying the Medical Provider. The most enjoyable thing is the feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short Breaks, Difficult Atmosphere
Average work place
Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2017
It is an average place to work. Typical office environment. I made some great friends there, but the company isn't that stable. They are a claims processing company for federal prisoners and jail inmates across the country.
unpredictable/no job security
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2017
Every day is a mystery, one day you feel great and the next day you dont know if you are going to be fired. The management is closed off to staff and are totally out of touch with their staff. They are unrealistic with their expectations.
Cons
strict with rules with minimal exceptions to real life situations, short breaks, unrealistic time off policy for requesting vacations
Hostile, toxic work environment
CMA/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 21, 2017
By and large the worst company I have ever worked for. "Management" was virtually non existent and clueless about MA duties. Consistently worked through breaks and lunch periods but the time was still deducted from hours worked. Constantly start employees without any consistent training. Untrustworthy people that will throw you under the bus the first chance they get to suit their needs. BEWARE!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, hostile work environment, unpaid lunch periods that you work through
highly competent, respectful, mature, and accountable staff working towards a common goa
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2017
Naphcare is a productive place to work in a professional environment. In naphcare at the correction center you work along with security officers for maximum safety from inmates. The environment is a conducive place to work with different shift - 7-3, 3-11 and 11-7p.

The most interesting part of the job is meeting and interacting with different patient each day at work. This patient are not medically sick they can do everything by themselves, no assist of any kind.

Staff are very coperative, we work as a team without any bias.
I love it here!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
parking
Enjoyed the people
Director of Community Medical Services (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2017
Management was very micro managing. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Too many layers of management. Stressful environment due to poor communication.
Love working for the company
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 23, 2017
The company was awesome to work for, the management was always hands on, they gave you room to grow in the medical field, the company paid for extra education if warranted, the company had excellent pay and benefits.
Pros
Great management skills
Cons
Lost contract for the job.
work place and management
RN Corrections (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 17, 2017
The work place can be very fast paced and stressful but you have a great support system.

HSA is extremely dedicated and on top of her game. She knows everything pretty much that is going on and what is needed. The providers are wonderful to work with all are great teachers.

VERY interesting work place. Safer workplace than one would think. Safer than working in clinic or hospital. Lots of protection surrounding you since you work with sheriff deputies.
Pros
Provider and management support
Cons
can be stressful
Unpredicatable from day to day
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 12, 2017
Overall I enjoyed the job. Correctional setting and the typical day varies from day to day. The company itself is a good company to work for, but I wasn't overall pleased with my management at the site.