Naphcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Just a Cog in Their Machine!
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2018
NaphCare will promote within but they will overwork you to the death. Promise you one thing then deliver the opposite. Big corporate where you are just a cog in their machine, cog breaks and they replace you regardless of skills. More about a warm body than quality.
Poor place of employment
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 13, 2018
Inconsistent management. Staff shortages. Frequent staff turnover to include management. Poor benefits. Insufficient training. This is a high stress environment working in a correctional facility. The stress of working with inmates is more overshadowed by the stress of the expectations of the job.
Pros
The officers are great to work with.
Cons
You will not receive any support from management.
Good Atmosphere
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 5, 2018
friendly people and they had a good working and fun environment to be apart of. they also knew how to have fun at work and make it fun for new people and it made you excited to go to work everyday
Great Place to learn but Corrections has to be for you.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
This is a great environment if you want to learn. There are many things medically that come through the door. There are times that we can run just like a busy ER to mundane day to day things. You cant be thin skinned to be in this environment by but I feel everyone works great together. There is not a lot of staff to begin with so you have to help each other. I have never felt unsafe here ever officers are great about making sure nursing is safe. Inmates overall are thankful for the care. Dont get me wrong there are those that are the exception. So in all dont think you would be loosing skills coming here instead of a hosptial. No matter where you go you will never get to see and experience everything but Ive seen learned a lot here. Way more than ever imagined. Bonus everyone is willing to help new nurses without that nurse eat their own attitude. Very thankful.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Parking, cafeteria, pay compared to city average
Not patient focused
Correctional Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA 23701June 20, 2018
I worked for Naphcare in a correctional facility and they were more concerned about budget and cost of ace bandage wraps than patient outcomes. Every meeting was focused on cost.
Cons
short staffed
Inmates are more trustworthy than the management
Healthcare worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, washingtonJune 18, 2018
Very low morale because if you speak up about management in regards to patient care they will retaliate. No job security. People walk around not talking to each other because they fear they will get fired. Micro-managed, bullying environment.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Shady management, low morale, people scared to talk or laugh about anything.Spirit of fear around the facility due to management.
Poor Scheduling/Little to no help
RN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 10, 2018
This review refers to the NaphCare in Montgomery County working for the jail. The poorest scheduling I've seen in my career as a nurse. Little to no help. PRN staffing never has to work. Staff is constantly backbiting each other, worrying over who is getting more attention from correctional officers or even worse, the male inmates. Just over all, not a good place to work.
Pros
The Insurance
Cons
The scheduling
Stressful Work Environment
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
Poor Management.It is always stressful to be called into Management's Office. Every time you are called into the Management office feels as if you are in trouble.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work - great people
Data Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 27, 2018
Great place to work - I created reports based on their in house Techcare system. I learned how their system worked and how their database tied into the reporting. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to apply what I had learned there to enrich the reporting.
Pros
Free Pharmacy
Good Place, Just Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
Showing up and great communication skills in admin office. there is a lot of drama through out the jail. Admin can get a little dramatic but otherwise it is very quiet. Pay is really well for most admin.
Pros
Pay, time off, pto, benefits
Cons
stress and drama
Loved loved loved
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2018
I absolutely loved working here, wish I could've stayed but I make more as a cna, than a nurse the parking is horrible, great start for the new nurses, the officers are all amazing
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Low pay
Absolutely Horrific Management
Licensed Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough County Jail, FLMarch 24, 2018
After Disney Hallow Scream. When management makes up a lie a Clinician said he was suicidal you cannot stoop any lower on the scum pole in my book.
Pros
The Detention Deputies, pay is decent.
Cons
After Disney worst management ever in my 28 years as a Mental Health Clinician
Working with the deputies was great - the medical staff poor
Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 22, 2018
This company has poor management - from corporate on down to the local management. They want to run the facility on bones - to make the largest profit possible. Bare this in mind! You will have the poorest - lowest cost supplies possible.
Pros
The inmates appreciate any and all help given...
Cons
Low staff, call outs, poor management.
Cut throat and highly unfair, Will fire you in a second
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2018
Don't waste your time applying for this position, high turnover, not worth the pay. Every day felt like you were in prison, sitting on pins and needles, based on the moods of the lead scheduler who is controlling, on a power hype, and want to be a manager so bad. Messy, gossipy and will smile in your face. Management focuses more on trying to fire you rather than retention. Setting a stressful tone, sort of a Meangirls atmosphere if you are not with the clique. You will constantly be watched.
Think about your overall wellbeing
Contracting (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 13, 2018
I completely understand needing a job. I would never say decline a job at NaphCare, BUT if you have ANY other comparable options, take the other option.
Pros
Benefits, The salaries are not equitable, As long as you dont know what your fellow employee is making, you'll be fine.
Cons
Cut throat and highly unfair, Will fire you in a minute, often without merit.
Run, don’t walk away from NaphCare
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 10, 2018
Unethical treatment is the norm. If you decline to abuse and neglect patients you become a target. I can not imagine a more destructive and disgusting work environment. Naphcare is a for profit company benefiting from the abuse and neglect of patients in correctional system. They make life or death decisions based on finances alone. I wouldn’t wish this employer on anyone.
productive and fun environment
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed everyday of working at Naphcare. It was a fast paced environment that keeps you busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a compassionate team of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Corrections has to be right for you
LPN/RN (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 12, 2017
Once you get used to it, it’s not horrible. The pay is descent. If you work full time, expect to loose your patience working with this special population.
Pros
Coworkers are helpful
Cons
Frequent changes, poor management, inmates are treated better than nurses
Naphcare
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 7, 2017
It is difficult constantly dealing with inmates. I provide the best care to inmates. I see patients after they submit paperwork explaining why they need to be seen by Medical. I have sharpened my assessment skills as well as learning how to prioritize. I have learned how to complete multiple tasks at a time. I have also learned how to remain calm under pressure. I work closely with the Medical Providers and Managers. I receive orders and document them each of the patients charts. The hardest part about this job is the expectations of management vs reality. I am able to decide what situation is an emergency and if it warrants notifying the Medical Provider. The most enjoyable thing is the feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short Breaks, Difficult Atmosphere
Average work place
Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2017
It is an average place to work. Typical office environment. I made some great friends there, but the company isn't that stable. They are a claims processing company for federal prisoners and jail inmates across the country.