NASA Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Very stressful call center environment
Member Service Associate Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 5, 2018
The company culture is okay but the problem is mainly with management. A typical day at work can be stressful . Management is a huge part of the problem too.
Nothing bad to say
Member Service Representative- Call Center (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 17, 2018
I feel they are organized and help others when career advancement. There are also many people there who step in to help when needed. I feel so far it has been the best place to work.
Great working environment
Admin (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 13, 2018
NASA FCU is a great place of employment, if you are looking for a job stability with no advancement. Although the membership is open to people of all backgrounds, there is no diversity in the management team.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Lack of advancement, lack of diversity in the management team
Good Company
Bank Teller II (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 11, 2018
I had very little to no issues working for NASA FCU. I had great benefits and a good work schedule. The only thing I could say that I didnt like was the pay was low.
Easy ways to earn more money
Member Service Associate I- Call Center (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20774August 12, 2016
Great place to work with a lot of friendly people no matter in which department you are in. Hours would range from different departments but the hours of the credit union is typically from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, some departments work Saturdays from 9am-2pm. This credit union has great training to move you forward and great ways to earn extra money by simply referring the members to their products and services. Management is also great and helpful, they have a dialog which you schedule to talk about you and your job fulfillment thus far. The hardest part of the job for me was trying to deal with the very angry members over the phone but my most enjoyable part of my job is having to do the fun stuff or celebrating certain events.
Pros
Large Cafeteria
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Professional workplace with room to grow
Human Resources - Intern (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 14, 2012
I've worked here as an intern for two summers. This isn't just a paper pushing work place. I've gotten to dig my hands into several different disciplines... and they haven't just let me shadow here... They TRAIN me. It's been a great experience with a variety of characters here.

Different departments have their own vibe and energy. Management is great on all ends I believe though.

The hardest part of the job is that with a smaller company like this, actions have a greater impact. And sometimes things can get stressful with the workload. And with all of the things to do it can be hard to stay on top.

But overall it's a good experience, at least for me.
Signs of decline
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 8, 2014
I did not enjoy my experience at NASA Federal. Things were great at headquarters for orientation. Once I got to the branch, I could not believe I left my prior institution to deal with the people I worked with.
Pros
Good credit union to have as a financial institution
Cons
management and politics are toxic
Good company to work for
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 19, 2017
Good place to be employed. Company has great values they instill in their employees. They offer good opportunities for advancement within the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Saturday hours
Worst Management/VP in Loan Servicing and Collections
Loan Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 4, 2014
Hard working employees are taken advantage of, used and abused with no appreciation from management. Manager is incompetent of all departmental duties, does not back or support employees. No training or structure in the department and no pay increases or growth potential. The more you do, the more they expect you to do and figure out on your own. The moment you feel like you have been taken advantage, out the door you go! Worst management team I have even seen in my 15 years experience in servicing!! Incapable of empathy for employees or how to assign duties. Single Black females...please don't waste your time. You don't stand a chance! 4 single black females gone in 2014 alone...8 single black females gone in 3 years time under the same management team!! Get the picture??
Pros
Company Training Department keeps things exciting with skits and new hire parties.
Cons
Incompetent and Racist Management Team in Loan Servicing, quick to fire people of color.
Innovative and cutting edge technology
Assistant VP of Sales & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 15, 2012
Great place to work. Strong executive team that listens to employeess.
Pros
benefits, great people
Cons
too many policies
Don't do it
Consumer Loan Processor II /Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 2, 2013
I learned quickly this is a place where racism still exists. You must befriend management and share nothing with co-workers.
Pros
They have great benefits.
Cons
The employees there are complacent.
Decent
Debit Card Associate II (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 13, 2014
Aside from lack of management support, it's an okay place to work.
Pros
Back office receives more incentives. Appreciation is felt. Decent benefits.
Cons
Back office receives more incentives. Management is always right.
great job if you have patience
MSA (Current Employee) –  MDJune 26, 2014
I really enjoyed my time here management was very great and understanding and I personally enjoyed the culture there.
Pros
Sick time
Cons
member can get the worst of you at times.
Great Place to Work
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 15, 2018
I loved my job at NASA Federal Credit Union. I loved all the people I worked with. I left the job after having my second child and became a Home Daycare Provider while being a stay at home mom.
Very friendly environment
MSA I (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDFebruary 4, 2014
This is one company I can say make you feel like you are a part of a family. Everyone have a common goal and that is to succeed and help others to succeed also.
Pros
Have a set career path depending on what you want to be.
Cons
There are not many companies through out the world.
Overall NASA Federal Credit Union is a good employer. Benefits are good. Time off is difficult since it is a bank and short handed
Member Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 5, 2012
NASA Federal Credit Union is a good place to work. The benefits are good. Have sick leave, vacation time and yearly bonus.
Pros
yearly bonus, good healthcare, and leave benefits
Cons
scheduling leave
Professional work Environment great place to work
ATM Specialist/Teller III (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt MarylandApril 18, 2012
My work days are like a home away from home to me, I look forward to arriving on time first, once I've arrived I attend my job duties, and I try to stay busy on a daily basis. I am a people person, so communication is a big part in my life, i enjoyed working with co-worker. I had worked for this company for ten years and it was a great opportunity for me, i have learned many different trades with this company, such as processing loan, account opening, cash flow, in balancing (ATM) Automated Teller Machines. Overall Its a great business and was a great learning opportunity for me.
Pros
learning more task
Cons
always being dependable
Stressful and Overworked
Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  MDNovember 21, 2015
Stress piles up and the staff keeps getting replaced constantly. Train the employees and encourage them to advance instead of promoting people who are not qualified.
Pros
OK hours
Cons
Upper Management
People helping people
Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 4, 2015
I have spent 10 years with the company and have many good things to say. They provide wonderful benefits, that have provided great care for me and my family.
A unique experience
Assistant Manager of Member Services (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 31, 2014
The customers were amazing and became like family. Management was 50/50 as far as employee satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NASA Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

NASA Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location