NASA Federal Credit Union

NASA Federal Credit Union Culture reviews

United States41 reviews
Open branch, ensure all employees report to work as scheduled. have a mini-staff meeting on the day's objectives.
I learned about our new clients the we catered to.

My co-workers were mostly hard picked by myself for previous places of employment and other were picked by the best resumes were received.

The hardest part of having to discipline an employee.
The hardest part of my job dealing the Directors and CEO's
Pros
Monthly awards for no late arrivals, perfect attendance
Cons
I was on call at all times even when they had secuity, we were the onlu branch in Montgomery Co so they relied on us more than other managers.
NASA FCU is a great company. Management is very helpful and encouraging. Training is offered and encouraged. You are encouraged to achieve high goals.
The company culture is okay but the problem is mainly with management. A typical day at work can be stressful . Management is a huge part of the problem too.
NASA FCU is a great place of employment, if you are looking for a job stability with no advancement. Although the membership is open to people of all backgrounds, there is no diversity in the management team.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Lack of advancement, lack of diversity in the management team
Great place to work with a lot of friendly people no matter in which department you are in. Hours would range from different departments but the hours of the credit union is typically from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, some departments work Saturdays from 9am-2pm. This credit union has great training to move you forward and great ways to earn extra money by simply referring the members to their products and services. Management is also great and helpful, they have a dialog which you schedule to talk about you and your job fulfillment thus far. The hardest part of the job for me was trying to deal with the very angry members over the phone but my most enjoyable part of my job is having to do the fun stuff or celebrating certain events.
Pros
Large Cafeteria
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The customers were amazing and became like family. Management was 50/50 as far as employee satisfaction.
I really enjoyed my time here management was very great and understanding and I personally enjoyed the culture there.
Pros
Sick time
Cons
member can get the worst of you at times.
I did not enjoy my experience at NASA Federal. Things were great at headquarters for orientation. Once I got to the branch, I could not believe I left my prior institution to deal with the people I worked with.
Pros
Good credit union to have as a financial institution
Cons
management and politics are toxic
I loved the team that I worked with and the work ethic was wonderful. Learned a lot about the title industry and grew as an individual and employee.
Great place to work. Strong executive team that listens to employeess.
Pros
benefits, great people
Cons
too many policies
Most enjoyable part of this job was placing customers/members with product fit their immediate and long term needs.