NASA Employee Reviews

Over all good
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 16, 2018
I was contractor at GRC for about 11 years and left for 9 years and am now back at a contractor again. There is little difference in my mind from being a Civil Servant and a Govt. Contractor. People are generally valued and more respected than the private sector in terms a race and age. It's nice to be back. It is also nice to see GRC hiring new Civil Servant employees.. That was so rare in the 90s.. So to the young folks, take a look at NASA, your space agency and National needs your talents...
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CASeptember 15, 2018
Very exciting place to work. There was always something new going on. Although it is a very competitive place to work there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things.
Great career in Aerospace industry
Engineering Services Contract (ESC) (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLSeptember 14, 2018
My day was typically 8 hours. I was constantly being trained for new technologies. The group I worked with was mostly self managed. Great work family atmosphere.
Pros
Amazing technology
Cons
Contracts ending
Productive work hours, fun break and after hours, big community
Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 14, 2018
I as an intern did not know much, but after the handful of months that I was able to spend at NASA, I learned much more than I thought that I ever would.
Pros
good lunch
Classified
Information Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2018
My work was classified so I am not sure what I can say. My Co-workers were good people. However, I did not fit in with southern culture also there is no real good health places and Alabama is a bad place for me to live.

NASA is trying hard to move SLS along and I hope they make it in 2020.
Pros
Good Co Workers
Cons
Low benefits
Bad internship experience
Astrobiology Intern (Former Employee) –  Moffett Field, CASeptember 13, 2018
Principal investigator/"mentor" was extremely disorganized, all over the place, and took her anger and frustration out on other people. No pay, mentor tried passing me to other people hoping they would help me. At one point, she stated " I feel like I'm not helping you at all and I feel so bad about it" and continued to do nothing to mentor or guide me in my project.
Good Place to work.
Sr. Engineering Technician, Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2018
Best Research and Development organization in USA.
Multi-cultural environment with respect to individual.
Civil service employees and contractors work side by side.
Active program to recruit and retain best engineers and scientists.
Management is multi-layered.
There is no typical work day.
Great Environment
Director of IT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2018
Great Environment, Enjoyed working with people dedicated to the mission of making the earth a better place to live and the exploration of new worlds. Recommended.
Job Security
Resource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLSeptember 11, 2018
As a federal employee, there is a great level of job security. Long careers make for a dynamic, multi-generational work environment. Aged work environment. Acceptable work/life balance. Great benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Aged work environment
Nasa is a fun and safe place to work.
Nasa Security Police Officer, Whitestone Group (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 10, 2018
Nasa Is the best place that I have ever worked and I would always love to go back there to work at any given time.
I worked with a wonderful group of officers where everyone looked out for each other and always working togerther as a team
Great workplace.
Procurement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSSeptember 6, 2018
Would work here again. Excellent working conditions, great people, great hours, nothing negative. The work is exciting and interesting with ability to work on new innovative projects.
Amazing and motivating work environment
Spacecraft Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Working at NASA has been a life changing experience. The work culture and projects I worked with made me sure that this is the industry I want to work in.
Pros
Meeting astronauts, working on cool projects
Cons
Difficulty of becoming a sivil servant
n/a
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Moffett Field, CASeptember 1, 2018
My salary can not off set the cost of living and choose to relocate where cost of living is affordable. Must find full time position and seek to work in area where living standard does not burden life.
NASA was a nice place to work for
Import/Export Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 31, 2018
It was great time work for NASA GSFC. Management is good but you don’t room to move up. I would love to work for NASA again if I have an opportunities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Benefits are not good
I wish I could work for NASA again
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 29, 2018
NASA has much going for it as a company, but to me, there are two things it has to offer that few other companies can match: fulfilling, challenging work; and interesting, driven co-workers.
Pros
Great work, great workers
Cons
Projects are often changed or ended
Technology Partnerships Manager (Former Employee) –  Moffett Field, CAAugust 27, 2018
NASA provides job security and good benefits. The management is fair and the pay is pretty good. Good life/work balance and professional support. Nice location.
Empresa altamente competente y líder en desarrllo
Competidor en SRRC (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 26, 2018
Mi participación en una de sus competencia me permitió observar el gran interés puesto en promover el desarrollo de la tecnología con la finalidad de mejorar las condiciones de vida actuales
A Day in a Project Office at NASA
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 22, 2018
A typical day at work is checking my email first thing in the morning, and responding accordingly. I typically check my calendar the night before so I know what is scheduled or planned for the following business day. I usually attend 3 - 4 meetings per week. Several meetings focus around the Project that I currently support and others are organizational type meetings. Working in a Project office has given me the opportunity to learn and understand the scope of the project. I've learned overall project governance, regulations, functions, processes, procedures and balance. I am able to understand the responsibilities that define the establishment, management and control of the project. The workplace has high employee morale, and there’s always someone that is willing to help solve a problem or answer any questions that arise. The hardest part of the job has been understanding the engineering technical talk but as I continue to engage, I’ve learned to master the structure of our project mission and structure. The Project team I work with is a great group of intelligent people.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Great for short-term on the contractual side of employment.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT III - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSAugust 17, 2018
Great for short-term on the contractual side of employment. Not a lot of room for growth unless you are a federal government employee. Overall, I enjoy the work environment.
workspace culture
High School Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed the process of going to NASA AMES and working with a very well established team. It was awesome to see the workspace and how it can impact the mood of the employees.