NASA
87High
4.4
Here to help: Coronavirus update

NASA Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews
Fun place to work
This is a fun place to work especially if you are into science and astronomy. I was here on a project that lasted a year and a half and learned what real project management is by some of the finest people I ever met. Great team environment!
Intern Role spent spearheading technological processes to fabricate spacesuits suitable for Mars.
I thoroughly enjoyed this opportunity. I gained an abundance of hands on experience working in the different NASA labs, as well as technical knowledge from leading engineers allowing me to explore possible solutions on my own.
Great Agency
NASA was great to work at but was stressful at time. Tasks were very sensitive at times. Hours were great, and the staff was amazing to work with. Buildings were in need of remodeling but overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Contracting positions are not permanent
they best place to grow
great management
great people

great environment

secure place

and great customer care as well

they go the extra mile for their employees at NASAFCU Falls church
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
My position was an e-internship. I worked remotely and never had to go into any office. I fulfilled this internship while I was enrolled in College, obtaining my Associates Degree. The staff was helpful and always available. I am honored to have had the opportunity.
Great internship
I worked closely with professionals on projects that helped me learn a lot about the corporate world. I left there feeling that I accomplished some things and I was better off than when I got there.
Systems Engineer
It was a fun environment to work in and it offered a lot in the way of new technology. Unfortunately, politics played a major role in the personnel decisions for the base that caused several furloughs and contract renegotiations as political tides changed.
Nress
NRESS is a great place to work. The team members will always have the clients best intentions and will ensure that the need of the clients is met always.
The best place to work in the Federal Government
Evidently everyone is very professional. Sometimes you set your own goals. They encourage continuing education. The worst part about NASA is the change in contracting companies. It creates stress and apprehension as you wait to hear if your current contract has been renewed.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Contract changes
Relaxed place
If you are looking for a relaxed place, this is the place. There is not a lot of room for growth in the organization. Managers are friendly. The office setting is small.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NASA?
No Job Security
Working on this account there was a lot of stress. Hewlett Packard Enterprise started their Workforce Reduction plan and unfortunately I was one of those employees that was laid off in October 2016.
NASA ISS is a very exciting job
Perform NASA SAGE III Instrument Test Requirements, Test Specification, Test Plan, Test Procedures, responsibility includes Card/Box level Testing.
Research and exploration work is exciting and I love to support this project to learn every day something new.

Team working atmosphere.
Pros
Enjoyed working for NASA
Cons
Need to study a lot to work for NASA
great work environment and great mentors
great work environment with flexible hours, completed some of my graduated work as a fellowship student at NASA, primarily worked from home, logging on to there secure network from home to test software
Pros
flexible working conditions
Cons
none to think of
Team players that are mission driven in space exploration
The days could be long if deliverables had to be submitted within certain time parameters. I learned about international project management, strategic planning and NASA's Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Implementation Plan.

NASA co-workers were the best and brightest and did not mind sharing their knowledge with others.

The hardest part of the job was not always having the human resources to do a task due to budget restrictions and limited funding.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with senior managers who appreciated the effort and acknowledged it to me.
Pros
The learning environment was excellent with state of the art IT
Cons
As a contractor, I did not have the same options as gov't employees
A wonderful place to work with great opportunities to travel
NASA seems like a fantastic place to work for official NASA employees. As a government contractor it is an honor to support such awesome work. My position affords me a number of great opportunities to travel and work with some really incredible dynamic people.
Pros
Good benefits package, flexible hours, culturally diverse work culture, and lots of work
Cons
Poor enhanced skill development and advancement opportunities for contractors.
Excellent place to work and learn.
Exciting , challenging and very rewarding knowing you made a difference in our world.
Pros
Rewarding
Enjoyable place to work
The ODIN contract was a very busy place to work, I ran a great deal of reports for the government on a daily basis, although each day was always different.
Pros
was able to make appointments during the day
Cons
management wasn't always available