NASA Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Director
Site Organizational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
I hired teachers and was the main administrator over the summer program. I recruited students to attend the summer camp. I was in charge with enrollment and supervising the fidelity of the curriculum being taught.
Pros
Great Science educational programs
Cons
Program didn't provide transportation
NASA Contractor
Information Management Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Working as a NASA Contractor is an honor but there is uncertainty in the life of a contract. Government budgets/contract resolution leaves us worried.
Pros
Being part of history making events
Cons
Government budgets, contract resolution
Productive and good place to work
Customer service Mananger (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 8, 2018
It was a great atmosphere to work always learning new things.
Learned a lot of about new technology.
Management was great.
work culture was excellent
Hardest part of job not be able to help more.
most enjoyable part of job was the people I worked with.
Pros
great place
Cons
breaks
Productive Environment
Systems Analyst/Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 4, 2018
Productive environment that added in quite a lot towards my career advancement. i was exposed to C# programming, Oracle and Sql database development environments as well as other back and front-end development.
What You Learned
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2018
My internship with NASA was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I learned the importance of having a strong work ethic and always striving for excellence here.
rewarding work experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
I got the chance to work with a lot of different professionals. I sharpen my professional lab skills, record keeping, organization, and accountability. My manager and team members were helpful and helped me when I had a work related problem.
Photo Admin
Photo Librarian (Former Employee) –  Edwards, CAJune 23, 2018
The dynamics of this position was beyond amazing.

I worked with several different departments.

Different personalities is a pro and a con.

Was able to experience aviation!
Pros
Taking photos of the shuttle landing
Cons
No cons
Visionary
Project Engineer/Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2018
It's NASA! With the proper perspective, the work is fascinating and innovative. The only drawback is, as one might expect, it is a federal agency and the annual budget negotiations can be tiresome. Each new administration has its perspective as to what NASA should be so directives and missions change often.
Productive workspace
Web Developer, CRESST II (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 20, 2018
Productive workspace, meetings are a typical part of a day at work, learned a lot about handling work and school, most enjoyable part was being able to learn about science teams
NASA Ames was great in the 90s
Machinist, Toolmaker, Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 18, 2018
Very intellectually stimulating. Was very well suited to being a student. People very friendly and great environment to learn beyond your normal job. Was treated well by contractor.
Excellent opportunities for technical advancement
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moffett Field, CAJune 11, 2018
NASA Ames is an exceptional place to work. Technical opportunities abound. It is not a great career choice for people primarily motivated by money rather than technical challenges.
Pros
Technical challenges
Cons
Limited financial compensation
Great place to grow and learn in your career path.
Lead Production Controller (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 6, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. Cutting edge technology applied to every project undertaken at this facility. Wonderful people to work with and to get to know.
Pros
Latest technology can always be accounted for at this Center.
Cons
Short lunch, sometimes noisy due to military base being near by.
The best place to work
Systems Engineering & Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2018
NASA has been by far the best place that I have ever worked at. The culture is great and inclusive. All of the NASA folks work really hard to support the mission of the agency and this makes the time spent there very fulfilling.

Great mission!
Fun, competative environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJune 4, 2018
Fun, competitive environment. Great co-workers and managers, Very hospitable people, lots of networking with one another. Deadlines can be hard but that's what you get when you are working with the best of the best.
Fun place to work with many benefits
Goddard Space Flight Center Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 4, 2018
• Study and analysis of coronal mass ejections
• Analysis of the propagation of CME’s through space
• Research using iNtegrated Space Weather Analysis System and STEREO analysis tool
The workplace culture was great with friendly people. The most fun part of my work was all of the new information about space that I learned.
Pros
Many benefits
Awesome place to work!!!
Technical Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 4, 2018
SUCH an Awesome place to work!!! This is the best place to grow your profession. There is freedom to learn and grow in whatever area of expertise uou choose.
Pros
Room for upward mobility
Great place to be!
MUREP Educator Institutes Intern (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSMay 31, 2018
My days at work were goal-driven and collaborative with the help of other scientists. I learned countless tools which allowed me to succeed in the scientific industry and I learned about the newest research that could make Mars habitable for human life one day! The management treated us with respect, acknowledged our expertise, and welcomed feedback concerning any issues or ideas we might have. I can honestly say the workplace culture is family-oriented. The hardest part of the job would consist of the implementing the different disciplines of science to understand or engineer a model, but the challenge was definitely worth it! The most enjoyable part of the job would be the knowledge I received concerning the current and future research in space.
For the job best job is in nasa we can find about univers andi it history
Sale Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
NASA is very good it find the secret of univers univers is very interesting place how much we known about univers that much we not no about univers and now l am 15 year old not in nasa
Pros
Mission control
Cons
Health care
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Edwards, CAMay 29, 2018
I will say I do have some of the best supervisors that I've ever worked for at NASA. Our organization is willing to go out of it's way to help others and make sure others go home safe.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
Hot
Wonderful agency to work for.
Director, Administration Office (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSMay 23, 2018
Great opportunities and diversity of work assignments. Advance opportunities were exciting. Use my four college degrees knowledge to advance the nation's space program.
Pros
Great people to work for and with