NASA Employee Reviews

Found 968 reviews matching the search See all 1,023 reviews
Good Stability
Mechanical Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLNovember 12, 2018
The pay might have been a little bit less, but the contracts were good and stable. Also they gave you plenty of heads up as to when the contract you were working on is coming to an end. At least 3 months notice. Plenty of time to find another job.
Productive work environment
Aerospace Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 9, 2018
Very interactive environment with associate employees and supervision which lead to a very informed and cohesive team environment workplace. This environment lead to a very productive group in terms of work product output.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
None.
Office Space
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 7, 2018
NASA is so big that there is no one opinion that can reasonably describe what it's like to work there. However, if you're an engineer, there's a good chance that you'll be working on being an expert in Powerpoint and Excel.
Pros
Cool projects, nice budget, benefits.
Cons
Cubicle Jobs 101
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Dunn Loring, VANovember 6, 2018
My position was an e-internship. I worked remotely and never had to go into any office. I fulfilled this internship while I was enrolled in College, obtaining my Associates Degree. The staff was helpful and always available. I am honored to have had the opportunity.
Challenging and fun experience
Bioengineering intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 2, 2018
The internship I had wasn't very related to the field I hope to get into in the future. However, it was enjoyable to research, experience, get to work side by side with the smartest people I've met.
Contractor
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899October 26, 2018
Worked as an entry level underpaid software engineer for Jacobs Engineer. Wouldn't working as a long term contractor if you care about salary. The environment is low stress.
Productive and great place to work at.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
I love every aspect of my job and the people I work with, as they are like family to me. I'm striving for advancement and I want to get a higher salary. I would like to get a raise and bonus every year.
Best Internship Ever
RotorCraft Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 25, 2018
I was able to work with college students when I was a high school student. This internship helped me to find a passion in engineering. My boss was really nice and he always loved to tell jokes. He gave us a lot of fun work and made sure that everyone was able to bond this summer by planning special events for us: picnics, field trips, etc...
Pros
Really good lunch, and great people to be around.
Cons
It only lasted 6 weeks.
Unionized worker
Receiving Operations Specialist- Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 23, 2018
Working as a contractor for NASA is great. There are unlimited lessons you will learn daily that will help you on the job during your tenure here.There are good folks who look out for you and make sure you are up to speed with everything you should be. Tough work days in the summer but overall you will learn to multi-task better than the best. The mentors and life long friends here are great and makes the work a lot more fun albeit still challenging.
Pros
pay, union, job security, vacation, work hours & holidays off
Cons
no room for advancement, many tough personalities, intense deadlines, under staffed
Productive and interesting
Site Document / Configuration Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
Working as a contractor to NASA was such an inspiring experience. I would have continued to work with this company until I retired, but unfortunately, I was laid off when the Shuttle was grounded after 19 years or employment with them. I loved what I did and was able to grow with this company.
NASA is an interesting and welcoming place to work
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2018
NASA is an interesting place for which to work. At one level, it's a dream for tens of thousands of people; on another level, it's a fun place that people take 'seriously enough', while also having fun. There is sometimes overwhelming bureaucracy; but the team is all in it together. Even the managers and administrators are there to help the team and make work & life work for everyone.
Pros
Great team work and very interesting projects.
Cons
Too much bureaucracy and too little expectation of science
Dream job
Electrical and Vision Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAOctober 13, 2018
I can't say enough about such a wonderful place to work. NASA is a great place to learn, explore and develop into way more than what you can become in a profit driven environment. The schedule always slips because it's uncle Sam, not my job on the line. But the people are great, the job is awesome. The perks are lousy, but who needs perks if you are out changing the future of aviation?
Pros
Research that is relevant and interesting
Cons
perks
Attentive and supportive managers who helped you be your best
Jacobs-JETS Remote-Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for NASA. I grew and learned a lot. My managers were very invested in my future, and were always available for me.
Interesting work
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 8, 2018
The work that was being done was interesting. The company is a bit too politically influenced for my liking. That is to be expected for a government entity, I suppose.
Unpaid internship at NASA Langley
Student Intern - Cybersecurity (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 7, 2018
It was phenomenal to be able to work at an institution such as NASA. I learned many important skills in the Cyber security field that i would not have learned any other way. The environment was very education oriented, i was always learning something new to improve my future.
Pros
Flexible hours, Friendly work environment, learned many important skills
Cons
unpaid
Living the dream
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 5, 2018
Enjoyed NASA-JPL. Great environment. Long-standing employees. Best and brightest minds! Beautiful campus.

Captures the history and future of space exploration.
Work environment
Research Projects Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 5, 2018
- very welcoming organization
- Good work culture.
- Environment if very good and friendly and also the Managers are Very Supportive and helpful.
- Lot of team bonding activities.
Great Experience
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 5, 2018
It was a great experience while it lasted. I enjoyed working with our students. I enjoyed working with my colleagues to problem solve for our students.
Great Place
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 4, 2018
I was working as an internship in summer 2016 with 31 other students. We learned a lot of valuable information and I discovered what I liked/didn't like in my field.
Great place to work.
Certified Flight Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work. The people and the passion for space exploration is an amazing atmosphere to work in. The work is hard and stressful, but worth it.