NASA Employee Reviews

Found 1,007 reviews matching the search See all 1,062 reviews
NASA DEVELOP Intern (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 15, 2019
This is one of the only jobs I've had where I'm legitimately excited to go to work every morning. I'm never watching the clock tick down until 5 o'clock, never wishing I wasn't at work, and I've never faked sick so I could avoid going to work (which are all things I've done at any other job I've had previously). It is top-notch in terms of providing an inspiring work environment in which to do rewarding work.
Pros
Work environment, peers, fulfilling work
Cons
Difficult to advance
Amazing place, amazing history, amazing people
Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) Intern (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLFebruary 14, 2019
They understand that you're just an intern and do what they can to help integrate you to the team.

I was challenged and given a lot of autonomy but never put in a situation that I couldn't handle or get help from someone.
Pros
Lots of tours, lots of chances to meet high up people
Cons
Fierce competition between interns
Great job with good benefits.
Call Desk Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
This was a great experience, and good benefits. The Furlough was rough for my little family and I. unfortunately my whole department is being dissolved (removed) by the end of this month.
Wonderful opportunity as a young engineer
Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Probably one of the best places to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Neurosciences Laboratory. Research and testing was logical and enlightening. We spent a lot of time writing our own code and developing our test subject equipment for research and papers.

Generally, the coworkers are supportive of one another. Management was great too.
they best place to grow
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 4, 2019
great management
great people
great environment
secure place
and great customer care as well
they go the extra mile for their employees at NASAFCU Falls church
Was a great place at one time
Executive Secretary to Director for Research (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 30, 2019
Was a great place to work at one time but replaced by contractors to bring CS numbers down and treated like just a number. Great co-workers that love their jobs and work hard, until they get crossed.
i dont want to take more of my time to do this
Material Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALJanuary 29, 2019
I was a contractor to the work group i was involved in. Nothing was specifically wrong there. it was a great group of folks to work with, it is just that the whole thing was a project that had a definite completion date.
Pros
i did not have any negative s
Cons
it was too short
Pretty good place to work
Contract Specialist - Full-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Pretty good place to work, good work/life balance, good work atmosphere, great compensation. Only drawback is furloughs, which are out of your control and are at the discrepancy of the political process.
Administrative Division Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2019
No time clock, late start time is 9am, earn vacation every pay period and also received sick time every pay period. plenty room for advancement, also enjoy flex Fridays
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Furloughs
NASA respects other opinions
Computer Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Moffett Field, CAJanuary 18, 2019
As a contractor employee, it is up to me for planning any personal training and education. My employer is restricted by the contract specifications written by the government client.
Wonderful place to work in the Federal Government!
Deputy Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2019
I am valued as an employee and I have learned so much while working for this organization. I am truly grateful to be a part of this organization and I look forward to many years to come.
Pros
Offers Flexible work hours, telework, and continuous learning programs
Fun Place
Metrologist (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJanuary 17, 2019
NASA, what else can you say.
Being a part of history and being on the inside of the fence is an experience that only a few people have.
Most of all it was seeing a launch that was worth it all.
Pros
Being a t of istory
Cons
security at the front gate every morning
friendly coworkers
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJanuary 16, 2019
i ws able to apply my skills, implement new ideas and learn new skills.
management was very helpful with any questions or problems
learning classes and certificates earned.
Review
Resource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 15, 2019
I love my job. Since the government shutdown, I have been furloughed and need something with more stability to feed my family and pay the bills.
I work as a resource analyst managing the budget for multiple directorates throughout the agency. It can be stressful at times, but keeps me on my toes and gives me the ability to learn new things. I love companies that offer room for advancement as this agency offers.
Hard working environment with sense of adventure
ARES Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Working as a NASA intern was an exceptional experience. Each day began with a check-in with supervisor, followed by self-directed morning, and then included at least one quality one-on-one with a supervisor each day to ensure all necessary resources were made available to me. I learned how to operate proprietary and public software to perform scientific visualization analysis and develop science images from Mars satellite photography and Earth orbit satellite photography. The internship included guiding me through co-authoring a literary abstract that was published at a scientific conference, which I attended and where I showed my work in the poster session. Daily work ambiance at NASA was impressive. With so many people there working on miracle-making projects, there was always a sense of adventure, and other young staff and interns were perpetually happy with their jobs. The most challenging aspect of the experience was making new discoveries that are so bleeding edge that there simply isn't reference material out there to rely on for help. Much of the science is being invented in real-time. Problem solving is happening at the forefront of humankind's most advanced technology. We were working with answers to questions we didn't even know we were asking, and solving problems so new that many had never even been imagined by science fiction writers. And all of this is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Living on the very edge of discovery and working at the bleeding edge of that is a career experience unlike any other in the world.
Need to believe in the mission for it to be fulfilling
Structural Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 12, 2019
Working for the government has some definite cons - the amount of red tape to do literally anything is astounding. People don't go out of their way to do productive things because they (rightfully) fear retaliation from others within the organization. That said, working at NASA can still be a dream for those who truly believe in the mission and the idea of space exploration and space science.
Awesome learning environment
PATHWAYS STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I would recommend the pathways program to anyone. The projects assigned are advanced enough to be challenging and the staff will go out of their way to ensure your success.
Pros
It's NASA
Satisfying career, Great Benefits, Might get Micromanaged
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I enjoy my position and the benefits, the only negative that might be specific to my leadership is that I get micromanaged beyond what I think is reasonable for a working professional.
Opportunity to work with people of high intelligence and integrity
Research Electrical Engineer/Physicist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2019
Working at NASA has been an excellent experience where I was encouraged to stretch myself and achieve high research goals. Independent as well as team research is well balanced and offers many opportunities to achieve the best path to exploring the universe and solve important issues faced by the aeropropulsion industry.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and support for a well balanced life and career
Cons
Salaries below same professions in the industry sector
Excellent Career Opportunities
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Top-notch agency with outstanding teammates. Collaborative work environment and strong focus on helping employees mature professionally and reach their career goals.