NASCAR Culture reviews

Great co-workers
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2019
Always enjoyed my work and the people that I met. Family business with a great product on the track - a lot of fun travel and experiences along the way
Executive Assistant/Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2019
The 24 years I spent with the company was a great experience. The culture was fun and co-workers are like family to me still. A lot of great talented employees there.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Some weekend travel
fun
CASHIER / COOK (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2018
working at funn place for kids. How can it not be fun. I got to entertain the kids and gives lots of smiles. And being an employee. you got discounts so that was cool
A great place to work if you enjoy Race cars
Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 10, 2018
Days are busy, schedule is tight, guidance is somewhat indecisive, very close work culture, management can sometimes be vague about requirements,pay does not always compensate for the effort and time put in.
Pros
exposure to a very exciting race environment
Cons
not much personal time
A well diverse company to work for filled with exciting experiences.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day at work is arriving at 5 am. Set up tents to give clients shade as they are seated in the waiting station. Prepare safety video viewing for customers and troubleshooting radio/walkie-talkie reception. We ensure customers are safely secured in the racecars before they begin driving on the racetrack. We direct them where to park after they have had the Mario Andretti experience. They are then escorted to the pitstop area on their way off. Vehicles are then cleaned from the inside and out for the next day. The tents are then broken down and secured before leaving the job site.

The workplace culture is very diverse and pleasant.

The difficult part of the job was cleaning off bugs from the cars when washing it because I dislike insects.

I learned how to handle a diverse group of individuals. This was a great opportunity and enjoyable experience!

The most enjoyable part was traveling to the west coast and the southern states.
Pros
Free lunch, traveling and hotel stays.
Cons
The weather can be unpredictable.
enjoyed experience
Weekly/Touring/Event Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2017
enjoyed experience with Nascar. I did an internship there and absolutely loved it. The staff was incredibly nice, and it was great to experience such a well known sport behind the scenes.
great enviorment
Pit Crew Training Development Program (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
just starting out with the pit crew has been an awesome experiment so far. The competitive nature bring the best out of me and to mention that i work with a great group of men/women.
Pros
time flexable
Cons
dont mess up
Workplace Culture
Retail Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 25, 2017
Getting to meet new people, dealing with different cultures. I learned many different things, such as grilling and retailing etc. Staff is great to work with.
Its nascar.
Fire EMS (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 25, 2017
The typical day starts early morning and can last late into the evening. I worked on Pit Road as Fire/EMS. You are in the pit stall of a certain assigned team. The hole pit stall is your place to take care of all of race weekend.. Some of the job responsibility are crowd control, keeping smoking out of the pit stall, any medical emergencies that my arise and do fire suppression. The work culture is like family. We look out for one another. The hardest part of the job is long hours at times. As for myself the most enjoyable part of the job, ALL OF IT!!
Pros
The fans and teams
Food Prep/Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2017
I love working for them I would love to work for them anytime it was fun to just being there to see all the cars and the people who drives them cars food free I enjoyed​ myself​
Cons
It's a great place to work if you like people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work is greeting guests scanning tickets making sure all the guests have fun.

You learn a lot at this job there's never a dull moment.

Management is good the managers are nice and understanding and willing to accommodate you.

Workplace culture is Nascar Hall of Fame how NASCAR got started.

The hardest part of the job is when people don't listen when they think they can do your job better than you can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
I don't really have any
A good teen job
Team leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 8, 2017
this place is a good place for a teen to work at, there is very little to do except work. Sometimes, it can be hard work because you're outside all day and the heat can get intense but all in all it is a fun place to work.
Good experience and had fun while working.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 5, 2017
It was a great job i had fun while working, everyone was nice and would greet you as well. I love the experience and would love to work for them once again.
Great Place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Job was fun, I like data entry. The people were awesome, helpful, supportive, and great to work with! Thanks so much to SNI Staffing for this position!
Fun and easy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 26, 2017
a typical day would be standing in the trailer selling tickets to the costumers.I learned how to sell food and drinks at concessions.The work place culture was calm sometimes busy. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with who wanted what.The most enjoyable part of the job was how everyone was so nice and accepting.
Pros
fun environment, take breaks anytime
Cons
low pay, not a lot of hours
Loved working at NASCAR
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 27, 2016
NASCAR was a wonderful place to work and offered great experience for their employees. Management is super and they were willing to help at every turn.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
My internship ended
Track Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 7, 2016
NASCAR Speedpark is an excellent place to work the pay is good the people are great and the boss is really nice I loved working there it was the best experience of my life
Pros
Riding go-carts for free
Cons
30 minute breaks and 5 minute breaks
Excellent
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 19, 2016
A group of people who treat you well and live with energy. The environment is welcoming and it's a place that has you laughing with customers. I enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Good people around you
wonderful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 10, 2016
the people and place are great. mangers are always there to anwer questions when there is a problem. couldn't ask for a better place to work
Creative and hard working culture
Producer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2016
Overall great working environment with cool perks and great people. Work life balance can be demanding especially if your position requires you to travel.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NASCAR. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight