Nashua School District Employee Reviews

low stress, fun job, low pay
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 22, 2018
flexible work days. low stress, low pay, monotonous job, can be stressful in some situations. some teachers are friendly, some are not. dont feel much appreciated.
Good School District
Substitute Teacher, Part time (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 25, 2018
I work as a substitute Teacher/Para in Nashua School district.Good to know the students in absence of main teacher and go on with the lesson plans left by the teacher for the day.And also follow the duties in accordance with the Principal/Administrator.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Highbridge schoolMarch 29, 2018
I worked for a few years in the same school helping spanish and Portuguese families, and also I help as a translator in meetings as well.
I really enjoyed working.
Easy job that allowed me to show off my programming and computer skills
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 27, 2018
It was a fun job I was able to apply my computer programming skills to solve a complex problem of mapping the phones for the two high schools in the district.

I was also able to get some leadership experience.
Pros
Co-workers were fun and there is a lot of autonomy
Cons
One co-worker was unpleasant to work with but that was it
Glad to see Superintendant is not the same.
Substitute Teacher and Special Needs Educator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 28, 2018
It has been a long time coming considering that NSD has a very sizable minority population, that the top job is filled with one. Hope that person has made many changes.
Nashua school district
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 28, 2018
It's not really a job that is not fairly paid and not enough hours and I an moving to Amarillo Texas on Thursday with my girlfriend and finding a job out there
A rewarding place to work to help children
Kitchen Certified Staff (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 18, 2017
It's a typical day at work to prepare food for over 300 children. There are not real hard parts to the job. It's just hard to advance you self there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No health care
Very good experience
1) Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 6, 2017
It was a lot of fun working at Nashua School District...I worked in the library during Book fairs. Working in Bicentennial School was a wonderful experience....
Retiree
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 11, 2017
In June 2017 I retired from the Nashua School District. The policy of the Nashua School District is not to employ recent retirees. My goal is to work part-time in a school district.
Good Environment
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 1, 2017
The SOL program was an amazing experience to work for. You have to perk of getting benefits and working on the school year schedule. The staff is great to work with and the students are just as great.

Want to know more about Nashua School District?

Ask a question
Great Benefits!
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 21, 2017
Nashua School District has great benefits. HR personnel is helpful and friendly. My most enjoyable part of working as a paraprofessional is getting to know the kids.
Friendly staff and comfortable environment
Title 1 instructional Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 6, 2017
Great area to work if you are starting the field of education. Staff are friendly and encouraging. Stick to your schedule but be flexible for coverage.
Great Flexability
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 5, 2017
You manage your own schedule, and pick your own hours, making this a job that is hard to pass up. The pay isn't great, and there are no real benefits, but it is a great part time job if you can handle the pressure and responsibility.
Substitute Secretary and/or Teacher
Substitute Secretary (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 7, 2016
I work both positions depending on the day. I work with the general public, administration and students. All the staff at each school in the district is willing to help you out with any questions. As a teacher ,I work in all the grades from Pre K to 12th grade. There are 18 schools within the district and a substitute has the option to work each day at a different school or just the school that is closest to them. The hardest part of the job is organizing the students in the morning after that the day goes smoothly. Each teacher has a ready to go daily plan for you to follow.

As a secretary, I manage attendance first thing so we can make sure all the students arrived safely at school then input data in the database for students activities. There at least two secretaries at each school so your questions are answered quickly. The hardest part of the job is ensuring all the late students are logged in properly. The most enjoyable part is helping out the students fix a challenge that allows them to get back to their studies.
District Administrators habitually scapegoat teachers and publicly praise administrators even when they are aware that administrators are unethical
Music Teacher K-8 (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 16, 2016
Teaching was a very demanding career and only became more so as the years went on. At my last school the principal targeted me and went to great lengths to discredit me and have me terminated. I love the Nashua Teachers Union and believe it saved me from having a total nervous breakdown.
Pros
Students were always a joy to teach, I learned a great deal and became very aware of socioeconomic and behavioral issues in our community
Cons
Favoritism, Board of Education ill-informed by administration, too many new vague initiatives, teachers under pressure regarding test scores, unethical administrative behavior, meetings usually inefficient in time and content, HR changes with inadequate notice, double standards, parent complaints rarely balanced with teacher's perspective.
Good organization to work for
Technology Integration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 29, 2016
Working in education is a rewarding field. The district is friendly and helpful to students and employees. Co-workers work as a team.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay scale
My favorite job
Substitute Teacher K-8 (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 9, 2016
I love the USAF Reserves and all that it entailed. I loved my unit and base and the uniformity that is in the military. I felt honored to serve my country and was blessed to be able to do it until my MVA and then I was medically retired.
Pros
Everything, the work, the travel, the friendships, the commanders, the benefits
Cons
basic training
Paraprofessionals worth their weight in gold!
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH 03060October 24, 2015
Having been a classroom assistant, I was responsible for keeping our special needs students to task as well as assisting in the daily functions of the ongoing day. There where several times when the lead teacher would leave the room for coffee or some other errand and leave the students to the assistant. It was very challenging as the students were aware that we had no authority, so it was often a free for all! It took lots of patience.
Pros
Mother's hours
Cons
Not enough support from lead teachers
Fun place to be with lots of kids
Cross Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 6, 2015
fun working with young children. They were best in my life working with because I had 5 of my own. makes your day feel better then being a lone doing nothing after all my years of hard work. Was great helping and listening to the young ones.
Was a very politcal
HVAC Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people and dealing with the public. There were 22 schools I had to take off, so it was always challenging and very satisfying knowing I was making a safe place for the teachers and students.