Nassau Community College Employee Reviews for Adjunct Professor

See reviews about
Nice Small Community College
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Nassau County, NYMay 29, 2018
Nassau Community College is a nice place to get your start in education. They value new and inexperienced adjunct professors and help them learn their way.
Professional and Caring
Adjunct Professor, P/T (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 25, 2017
The culture and administration has undergone a transition over the past few years. NCC was without a leader(president) for a number of years. Now that there is a ship Captain, the culture is change to be less protective and much more professional and caring. The college is coming into its own. And I am glad to be a part of it.
Great 3-hour class.
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 27, 2017
Love teaching and interacting with the students. People in the department are awesome! Safety on campus because Public Safety patrols. Especially important because I leave at night in darkness.
Pros
Self satisfaction and rewards of teaching students no skills.
Cons
Winter weather - snow. Cancelled class shortens semester
Great place...looking for full time though.
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 6, 2017
I have been working at Nassau Community College teaching and advising students for 17 years. I really enjoy working with college students and offering my insight of the world through the courses I teach especially since most students are transitioning from high school and need to learn what is expected of them as college students. Another responsibility I have as assistant professor and love doing, is advising and registering my students for future semesters.

Since I am an adjunct faculty member I have a lot of flexibility in terms of my schedule. I also interact with various academic departments and faculty members on a regular basis.

What I find challenging about my job is that students sometimes stop attending class never to return.
Pros
Love teaching and advising students.
Cons
no benefits since I am adjunct
Fabulous people who really care about each other, their students, and education as a whole
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 3, 2014
Best place I've worked in a long time. Flexible schedules. Amazing Department chair and administrative assistant. Friendly and helpful coworkers. Students are pleasant and engaged.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
wish they had more full time openings