Nassau Community College Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

English Dept
Administrative Asst. English Dept (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 14, 2017
As administrative assistant is was imperative to ensure that all paper work was properly processed to allow new and returning professors/students prompt access to there class and material.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wage
Productive workplace with opportunities to explore workshops to further enhance my skills.
Administrative Assistant to Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be working with Microsoft Word (for office letters, office management, etc.), Excel (spreadsheets/reports, money management, mileage claims, etc.), Quickbooks (money management, invoicing, monthly reports, customer tracking, etc.). Assisted account payable department with campus wide mileage claims processing. Performed all secretarial duties regularly; phones, meeting, filing, mail correspondence, etc. Worked directly with College Accounting supervisor working on financial reports, billing campus vendors, etc. Worked with Comptroller's daily with incoming checks, reports, bank statements, drafting spreadsheets, data entry, etc.

I kept current with new office operations by attending workshops to upgrade our systems. Because I was part of CSEA union, I was offered many opportunities to improve my retirement, investments, as well as ways to improve office management.

The most enjoyable part of the this job was being able to work independently and not having someone constantly looking over my shoulder. Also with only one boss was not so stressful.

Since I worked on a campus, the most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to attend the various programs going on around campus; speaker presentations, festivals, fund raiser events, etc.
Pros
Free lunches, presentations, festivals, workshops, events, etc.
Cons
Campus Food Court not so good, limited interaction of co-workers
Administrative Assistant
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 11, 2015
I register students and answer phones, mostly giving directions and information about the courses offered.

Hardest part is figuring out how to use the software.

Mangers and co workers are very nice.

I enjoy the free classes that they offer to employees.
Pros
free courses and lectures
Cons
late hours
Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 22, 2015
''Nassau Community College'' Provides the best services. I have been more than satisfied working for them. The management there is great and very professional. Working with them was great pleasure and a learning experience for me.