Nasty Gal Employee Reviews

best company i have worked for
Product Development & Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2018
great company environment, amazing support from upper management and would had recommend this company to any one unfortunately, years after poor management skills it drove it to BK.
Pros
all
Cons
working with good people ,Good overtime before Christmas.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Sharpsville, KYFebruary 15, 2017
Was a good job,would stayed but nasty gals went out of business.Mostly I will miss the people I worked with.Good over time for Christmas.Good insurance.
Great coworkers, terrible leadership in corporate
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 15, 2017
The environment in the Kentucky office is great with amazing coworkers. The business failed due to many oversights and greed happening with the higher ups in California.
horrible
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYDecember 27, 2016
horrible company to work for. would not recommend it to anyone, the managers are horrible and no one will help you. definitely a horrible place to work.
Great work-life balance
Sr. Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2016
A lot of team effort between departments. The benefits and perks were great. Worked well cross-functionally. Wok-life balance was good too.
Loved it at first
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 27, 2016
I loved working at nasty gal. But the management was horrible. Felt like working with a bunch of mean girls. It would be a good place to work if they would get supervisor who will actually do what they are supposed to. Childish supervisors made it hard for me to do my job. I wouldn't recommend working here. Unless you can fake it til you make it. If the supervisor doesn't like you, you will soon figure it out.
Cons
Rude, disorganized
Productive but not for me
Visual Associate, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2016
I didn't feel appreciated or respected as an employee. I was the only male amongst all women and felt they took me for granted a lot of times. I still respect what the brand stands for nonetheless.
If they had better management of time, budgets, and employees, this would be a great place to work and be very successful.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 21, 2016
Assisting 3-5 customers via online chat with finding items, info on items, placing orders. Also would handle issues with payments, wrong, missing, damaged, items as well as trouble logging in or accessing customers accounts.
Pros
acknowledged when doing a good job
Cons
Things are not always done morally or even in a way that would make sense.
Factory
labor (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 13, 2015
Its not really me I am not a factory person. I want a job working with people, like customer service. I don't really care for the hours, and I don't like the job.
Cutting Edge of Fashion for Women
Regional HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 21, 2015
Energetic and fun environment and culture. Team driven and creative.

Fulfillment Center and Customer Care Center is awesome! Very great people to work with.
Unorganized and full of rude woman
Back-stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2015
I loved the general idea of Nasty Gal, and their fashion standpoint. But the comapny is very unorganized and some managers are rude and have their heads too high in the air!
Pros
Free Lunches, Discount, Parties
Cons
Crazy Shifts, Unorganized, Clumsy
Great Environment; No Job Secruity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Customer Service OfficeMay 5, 2015
Loved working with my co-workers, never any issues with them. The job could get hectic at times with customers and management. There is always someone to ask for help when needed. Management makes changes to the policy within the office at least two to three times a week. Being able to adjust to changes is needed. May come into work one day and no longer have a job. No job security and bad turn over rate. I liked the job more because of the people I worked with.
Pros
Great co-workers and pay
Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day at work, was to assist customers with their styling, and ordering needs. The coworkers were nice to work with for the time being. The hardest part of the job was working the weekend shift being in school. The most enjoyable part about the job was to work with the employees and some of the festivities.
Pros
Benefits and great pay
Nasty Gal
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville KyOctober 9, 2014
This was a great place to work with a even better atmosphere. It also had many opportunities to advance and learn new systems. management can improve some.
Pros
Amazing atmospere
Goodbye to the best employees
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Los angelesAugust 29, 2014
After just watching several dozen of the people who ACTUALLY made this company profitable be laid off, I look forward to watching them continue to spiral into the obvious direction of bankruptcy. It is going down and going down fast.
Very positive and fun place to be!
intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2014
Fun and creative work place with a strong sense of community. Everyone is kind and supportive.
A new company that has lost insight on their philosophy.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 3, 2014
When I first started Nasty Gal it was an amazing place to work, My hard work payed off and I became a supervisor. The Culture and Philosophy made this job so great! Everyone was productive and happy in the work place, eventually we had big changes in management and it made the place unbearable. Human Resources did not work towards the team members and serious matters were not made priority. Such as Sexual harassment claims, discrimination claims. It was a constant battle to have them handle claims appropriately. Otherwise, I enjoyed my team. The benefits were good. My team was amazing! The most enjoyable part of my job was rewarding my team! This company is not what it was set out to be. The owners philosophy is not being followed.
Pros
Team, 401 K plan, Health Insurance
Cons
Non experienced HR Reps, Operations Managers are not very knowledgeable.
Fun Place
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 18, 2014
I would rather to keep it private, it is a place where you can fun and make great friends
Productive and Fun place to work at
Technical Operations Intern - System Admin (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2013
I really enjoyed my internship at Nasty Gal. I learned plenty to take with into the real world, the DOs and DON'Ts.
Happy and fun place to work!
Picker/Packer and Special Email Request (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYOctober 16, 2013
The day started with some stretching exercises, then the Shift Leader would tell us where to start working at.
I learned how to work in a teamwork.
The management was great.
I found new good friends, amazing co-workers.
Walking and standing for hours was the most hardest part of the job.
When we get tired there was always somebody making us smile and laugh.
Pros
Listening music, Amazing Job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nasty Gal. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Nasty Gal Reviews by Location