Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYAugust 2, 2018
I was completing my final clinical rotation for school, working there for approximately 5-6 weeks before being offered a job position following graduation. I've now been working for Nathan Littauer's Nursing Home in the rehab department for over a year and have thoroughly enjoyed my employment through them. I love the atmosphere in this department including the staff and the setting. Everyone is very helpful and welcoming and displays a great overall work dynamic.
Pros
Great Staff.
Cons
Limited full time positions available.
No team work.
Processing tech (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMarch 16, 2018
If you’re looking for team players and team work this is not the place. Everyone is quick to point fingers and no one trains you correctly. To many chiefs not enough Indians.
Pros
Weekly check
Cons
Lack of management
Energetic and fun-filled activities
CNA (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJanuary 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the residents and coming up with fresh activities to do with them. I created and lead recreation therapy activities for nursing home residents.
Pros
I was able to use my creativity according to each resident's abilities.
Cons
I wasn't able to receive enough hours to make up for the travel expenses.
Its a safe working environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYOctober 10, 2017
Going through a lot of changes and some are not for the better. Most of the managers and staff are like a second family. changing over management may not be in the best interest of the community
Great working environment
EKG/EEG technician (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMay 15, 2017
Needs to be more acute care. Experience is great for a person starting out in a health care career. Some management is good, others need improvement.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Not acute care
Beautiful community hospital~!
R.N. Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 8, 2016
Small community based hospital with many hard working, dedicated long term employees. Many talented Physician's on staff offering excellent care to patients and families.
Nursing
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Everyday night was a learning experience that I loved. I seen many procedures during my time there. My co workers loved and enjoyed every aspect of their job.
Wonderful experience
PRN Occupational therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYSeptember 1, 2016
NLH was a clean, work environment seeing anywhere from 2-10 people a day. Can be fast paced at times, Rehab and nursing department got along very well, everyone was welcoming.
Excellent place to work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJanuary 14, 2015
I like working in a team look to give my best.I learn different skills,and gain new experiences.The hardest part of the job was went you loose one of your residents. But the best part is the satisfaction of helping others.
Pros
Christmas bonus, health insurence
Cons
sometimes without departure time.
Too much overtime
LPN / Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 4, 2014
Nursing homes are a tough place to work, not only this one but all of them. Mandated overtime is so common that staff a told a week ahead of time that it is their turn to stay so they can prepare for the 16 hr days. Often the staff are denied raises and the health insurance cost have gone up and the co-pays and deductible have gotten bigger. The government is taking all the SSI and Medicaid and Medicare away from the elderly and the staff are caught in the middle.
Pros
job securtiy
Cons
overtime