National Able Network Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Low pay, little opportunity
Customer Service/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 15, 2018
I was not an employee - I was in an employment volunteer program supposedly designed to prepare me for the workforce. It did not provide any direction, supervision or opportunity to learn new skills.

Holiday pay was restrictive. There was a 4 hour maximum compensation no matter how many hours were scheduled for that day.
Pros
work while looking for permanent employment
Cons
minimum wage, restrictive
Nice place to work. Part-time employment. Supervisor was top notched. Low wages. Federal granted program. Can work up to four years.
Recruiting Specialist and Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 15, 2018
They only have part-time employment, 20 hours a week. You are assigned to work for various non-profit or governmental organizations (Host Agencies). So your job duties may vary. For me, I performed general office duties and recruited organizations to become a Host Agency.
Pros
Nice, comfortable environment
Cons
Low wages.
not a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2018
My job was fazed out. the whole job was a lie. no promotion, no raise just work. no growth, If my job had not be fazed out I would have been looking for some anyway.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant and HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Very professional. Good learning environment. Instructors were very helpful and kind. Classes were fun and exciting. Plenty of room for learning new programs.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Compensation Poor
Productive and relaxed work environment.
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 6, 2018
National Able Network places senior citizens 55 year and older into work sites where they can gain valuable work experience. I was a Recruiting Assistant calling on non-profits organizations and government entities to place our participants at their sites to garner work experiences. I worked in the Lincoln office which was a relaxed experience.
Pros
Set your own hours.
Cons
Part time with no benefits.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
It is a training program through the USDOL. The work days are typical. I have learned that it is a horrible thing that Indeed holds you captive while you give out information that you do not want to. I took Cultures and Concepts in college so I know how to answer this but I also know enough not to answer it. The hardest part of the job and most enjoyable part of the job are subjective.
Pros
It is a training program through the USDOL.
Cons
It is a training program through the USDOL.
Great workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2017
Overall great company to work for. The top management cares about their staff and welcomes their staff innovative ideas to make National able a better place to serve unemployed individuals.
Fun relaxed place to work.
Receptionist/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILDecember 12, 2017
Fun place to work. Enjoyed being able to assist in filing for unemployment or to do a job search. A typical day at work is busy but the hardest part of the job is when it is a slow day. Management is great and the culture of the work place is great
Great place to work, but recent manager was terrible
Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2017
I would say that this organization is a wonderful agency full of altruistic individuals--the work truly has a positive impact on the lives of others. However, for all the good, there seems to be a poor system to hold managers accountable to the same expectations that are set for you as an employee. The higher-ups seem disconnected (with the exception of the monthly meetings and yearly reviews) from the people at the forefront. If anyone in management reads this, I would highly recommend for you to give the employees the benefit of the doubt and check in with them about their managers/supervisors more often than every 6 months/year, especially if they are new in the role.
Cons
No system in place to hold management/supervisors to the same standards/expectations
Excellent Nonprofit -
Manager of Organizational Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2017
Excellent CEO! This nonprofit is a very well run organization that makes the most of its grants. It was an honor to be part of such an outstanding organization.
Able is real low class and full of Pervs for management
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2017
Able is real low class and full of Pervs for management. Avoid working with this forloarn group who says they "hate developers" or anyone who know how to program
Pros
Leaving National Able Network
Cons
They don't pay but only rep you off
Culture varies with assignment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 18, 2017
This agency provides learning opportunities to assist low-income, older Americans to obtain employment. I was not an employee, but a participant who had a training assignment for which I received training wages.
Assistance in on Job training
Career Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Working with mature workers in a meaningful position that assistance the community in researching, preparing, documenting, finding and landing a job. Help with resume wiring.
Pros
Set working hours
Cons
can not work over 20 non-for-profit program
Great work place
Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
great place to work for and fun environment a typical day was rewarding.A great learning environment and the staff and management was very helpful would recommend.
National Able Network
Payroll Coordinator/Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19802September 10, 2017
Program is geared toward individuals 50+ who want to return to the job force. Assists with upgrading their skills and help them obtain gainful employment.
Cons
no health benefits - paid time off - holidays -sick leave
Learning experience
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
National Able Network is great for seniors age 50+ who want to get back on the work force. Learning computer skills, building resumes, meeting other seniors that is willing to work. Fitting you with a job that fits your experience. Making up your sick days with payed time off.
Pros
Work part-time
Cons
None that I can think of
Career Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2017
The job cultural is different than i am use to Very disorganized with program requirements. Too many program and poor experienced management. Need to be more organized.
awesome place to work. great management
Veterans Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2017
National able network was a great place to work. This is where I really got my start. This is where I learned so much about working with people. the management there were very involved in my development in this field.
good Traning Program
Administrative Assistant-National Able (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 10, 2017
It a good place for traning but you have to make sure it what you want if you going into a work place, national able is a traning program that help to get you ready for work if going back. The pros is if you are being train make sure it what you want . To get the job you want . cons is being train for something you not wanting to do or doing
This is an excellent place for job training.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 8, 2017
This is an excellent company for people over 55 to get training and/or employment for various jobs. The supervisors are good to work with & do their best to help you.