National Air and Space Intelligence Center Employee Reviews

Worst job I have ever held.
IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 29, 2019
Definitely the most toxic work environment I've ever experienced. No room to grow, so much red tape nothing ever gets done. People stay for the pay but I'm telling you it wasn't worth it in my experience.
Easy place to work at
Occupational Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHAugust 8, 2018
Great last assignment for me as I transition out of the AF. People are laid back and helpful. Job is easy at it is all administrative so not a lot of safety issues.
Good Mission
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHAugust 5, 2018
Great mission. Great people. Good opportunities for travel. You will learn some qualities that you cannot learn anywhere else. Most people end up leaving because of management. Often talk about making changes but never follow through.
Productive and fun place work
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wpafb, OHJuly 24, 2018
great people and place to work. good mission. good schedule. good leadership. recommend. good advancement and promotion. good career advancement. Awesome programs
You can taste the nepotism
Security Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2017
Its not a bad place to work, but you need to know someone important to get the job. Experience, intelligence, education, and veteran status mean nothing here...you need an advocate inside who can get you a job.
Overall Daily Work Flow
NCOIC (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJanuary 10, 2017
I currently work 40 hours a week, daily I provide administrative assistance to two Directors (Personnel Division & Logistics Division)
I support both missions ensuring the Directors and all personnel are fully equipped to fulfill the mission. I route daily correspondence, tracking correspondence and ensure they are properly formatted. I ensure any personnel that are experiencing computer issues, I try to resolve the issue at the lowest level and if I cannot fix the issue I then put in a customer ticket for the personnel having the issues. I'm in charge off computer/printer/ phone equipment as well as ordering all machines for the Directors. Calendar control, managing appointments as well as customer service for all customers. I supervise one personnel and ensure that their fully working at their highest ability as well as their training. Most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people. Daily customers enter and its my job to assist them and ensuring they are taken care of by me as well as the division personnel.
Pros
2.5 Leave days a month
Very challenging and rewarding job
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  WPAFB Dayton OhOctober 1, 2013
Working in the intelligence community is different than anything you could imagine.
not a bad place to work
Intelligence Research Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 1, 2013
especially good if you have an engineering background. professional advancement for non-engineers is limited.
Regular Gov't red tape
Advanced PROFORMA Signals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 31, 2013
Do not expect anything to move quickly. The gov't has a lot of politics to put up with while you are trying to get things accomplished. The bi-yearly leadership change is a difficult thing to deal with, since a lot of policies and goals are changed at that time. The up side is, if you don't like your military boss...he leaves in 2 years.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
bureaucratic tape
Mostly individual working environment, with stints of group work.
Intelligence/Radar Analyst, Electronics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHOctober 23, 2012
A typical day at work would start off with me arriving to my desk and checking my email, and replying to any co-worker's or customer's questions/comments/concerns. After that was finished, I would continue in to working on one of my current projects. This would continue for the remainder of the day unless something else pressing came up. And of course there were mandatory meetings and commander's calls from time to time that required our attendance.
I learned how to work through problems on my own, and learn my own way of doing things. It was rare for me to find a senior person available to help me, because they were so busy and backed up with their own work, but they did the best they could to assist me.
The management structure was satisfactory, however the turnover was high because it is a military institution, so military commanders and fligh chiefs do not stay for more than 2 or 3 years.
The hardest part of the job was running in to problems that I had never encountered before, and having to work through them on my own. This was my first "real" job out of college, so I had to learn fast.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of completing a project and seeing it be published, or sent to the customer and hearing their praise, along with the praise of your co-workers.
Pros
flexibility of time
Great people. Great mission.
Director Of Operations (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHApril 4, 2012
The Air Force takes very good care of its employees, both those in the military and the civilian work force. It provides great education, healthcare and retirement benefits.