National American University Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 24, 2019
Very competitive fast paced work. Fun work environment. This job is for people who love to be around other people and deal with the public. Must be competitive and not get feelings hurt easily.
Pros
Fun and work environment
Cons
Very competitive
Amazing
Medical Assisting Program Director (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 18, 2019
Wish I could still be there but program I taught went away! Still adjunct online for them and glad I can! Not only do they take care of their employees but their students are first!
Very good student experience
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 21, 2019
The organization is currently reorganizing its class structure in an attempt to meet the demands and expectations of the next generation of students. As an institution catering to the non-traditional student, they are trying to anticipate the post-baby-boomer demands.
very stressful
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2019
This job was very stressful and I worked a lot of nights when I was first told that I would have to work only 1 night per week. I was promised a raise 2 years in a row by both of the campus directors but was told that maybe next year.
Terrible
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 10, 2019
You will call terrible leads everyday and answer calls from other companies that transfer over people who have little to no interest in enrolling. You will not be given the proper training to be successful at your job. All of the departments have a us vs them mentality. The pay is pretty good, but the health benefits are very expensive. You will be micro managed to achieve goals that are not achievable, but when you need help management, financial aid and other departments will ignore your emails and calls most of the time or take forever and a day to get back with you. Don't tell anyone anything personal or it will spread quickly. Several employees have been laid off, campuses have been closed and programs no longer offered but none of this is taken into consideration with you meeting enrollment goals. You will work some weekends and also until 8 pm a day during the week, every week.
Pros
Tuition after 6 months paid
Cons
Healthcare expensive, late nights working, poor management, bad quality of leads
Good as a part-time job
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 31, 2019
I worked as adjunct faculty, got paid per course which is not much. Can not rely on this job to pay your bills. Most of the faculty are part-timers. No opportunities for career advancement.
Fun place to work
Adjunct Instructor, Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 25, 2019
Nice to not have managers breathing down your neck. The people are nice and also inviting. Materials are sometimes in short supplyt but you can usually cquire them quickly
National america university
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Great working skills teaching me everything I need to know. I have to learn the basic on fixing computer,
I have never work at this company before I just went to college
Won't return
Application Developer I (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 16, 2019
This company is and has been rather volatile, and employee morale is consistently low when you're always concerned about the next round of cuts that are inevitably coming.
Good place to get started in a sales position but don't plan on staying too long
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2019
This company is going thru some major changes. It is like being in a rollercoaster and the downward spiral end isn't in sight. They have done away with their ground programs and only offer online classes. Many employees have been offered remote positions as they are also doing away with campuses. The higher education industry is being hit hard and NAU is trying not to be another in the long line of casualties. To that end, decisions are made not taking into account employees' loyalty and longevity. Many long time employees are no longer with the company after a major reorganization in November 2018. The road is not paved, so travel at your own risk.
Pros
Good people to work with and get to know.
Cons
Company outlook is not looking good.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 3, 2019
National American University is a fast paced, high pressure yet very enjoyable place to work. The mood is generally upbeat and positive with the inevitable bad day here and there.
Small school, only so-so environment
Teacher's Assistant/Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2018
This school is a good place to work while you are in school. They will be flexible with hours, knowing that you are a student. However, it was not the most friendly environment.
awesome
Director of first impression (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 10, 2018
Responsible for reaching out to customers to collect payment for overdue bills, loans, or other payments. Acts as the liaison between creditors and customers and manages overdue accounts.
Jerkell and Hide
Enrollment and Completion Advisor (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 19, 2018
This is not the company you want to stay around for long you will need to get in and get out as quickly as possible. they will help you get started in the industry if you need the help.
Pros
will be needed
Cons
will have a hard time staying long
great company
Vocational Nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
Love what I was doing there. National American University allowed me the opportunity to continue doing something that I loved to do. I appreciate my immediate supervisor.
Instability and No Transparency
Director of Student Success (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 13, 2018
Low pay, few benefits, and instability. Little room for professional development or promotion opportunities. Extremely high staff turnover and unstable business model.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Inability to Execute Vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  CONovember 12, 2018
The biggest issue with NAU is transparency and communications. NAU leadership made decisions that failed to account for mid-level management inputs resulting in a lot of distrust and speculation on where the company was heading. Three RIFs this year did not build confidence in the workforce. Voiced emphasis on certain areas to promote mission but never put in the appropriate resources to support those areas.
Pros
Helping military personnel
Cons
No support to help military personnel, no communications, no transparency
Staff was kept in the dark prior to lay offs
Staff (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 5, 2018
My department was told that our jobs were secure after the first three rounds of layoffs. Then my entire department was dissolved and the majority of the employees let go to include some very experienced staff members.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
Lack of transparency and communication
Nau
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
I have been working at NAU for a month now. I am still learning but I have had a ton of resources to help get up to speed on my job responsibilities. I enjoy what I do.
Lax and unorganized
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Manager was not very empathic to the employees. There always seemed to be some sort of drama in the office with certain people that caused some of them to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National American University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight