NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE EXPERTS Employee Reviews

I Would NOT Recommend
Senior Finishing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 23, 2019
I worked at NAE for 2 /12 and although I met a few people I still talk to I would not recommend this place unless you love being a mental case. There were several times when I thought about quitting in the middle of my shift. They are unorganized, no structure whatsoever, they play the victim games and favoritism games. If you aren’t family or bought then you’re already on the “just a number” list. They are unwillingly to change their ridiculous ways or expectations. I’ve heard complains from literally every department. So don’t be swayed by the “culture”. The best thing was PTO and having people who felt the same as you, trying to keep each other from snapping. Good luck if you go that route. If you’re smart you’ll catch on to the simple minded real soon.
All around fantastic
Pre-Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 23, 2019
I enjoyed my time there. Very relaxed and fun place to work. The owner is very hands on with the employees and the entire company is very family oriented. The hourly pay was okay, but you do have the opportunity to get a nice bonus along with an annual review for a raise. They have random fun things to do, activities during holidays, and a yearly company picnic!! The company also celebrates and engages in philanthropy. They do have a STRICT attendance policy, which of course is understandable.
Pros
Management, co-workers, schedule
Stay away from here!
Client Relations (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 22, 2019
I strongly encourage you to not work here. It will seem great at first, everyone is nice and the “benefits” seem great. In reality the environment is toxic. They have cameras and recorders everywhere and watch what you do, they even listen to your conversations and use them against you. It is very big brother. They are so bent on their “culture” and keeping it a certain way it does not matter how good you are at your job. There is also religious undertones, they constantly promote you to give to an all boy religious charity and the owner now has her own charity. On top of the religious music that plays on the speakers during the day. If you speak your mind or have an opinion that goes against the grain, it does not go over well and you will be targeted. They will start collecting things on you to use against you. They will bring things up that happened years ago to not give you a raise etc. There is favoritism by management too. I highly advise to avoid this place if you can.
Horrible
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 14, 2019
NAE had no work life balance and unrealistic expectations.. There was a huge amount of favoritism that took place. My department had a ton of bullying from a few girls that I had addressed several times and nothing was done about it. This was a very catty place to be. Lots of gossip, even though they say they are very against it, much of it came from the top and trickled down.
Official response from NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE EXPERTS
February 18, 2019

We recognize that they only way we can improve is by receiving feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about working at NAE/NWAN. We’re sorry to know that it wasn’t a fit for you and hope for the best in your future endeavors.

Great People, Bad Management
CRM (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I loved the people I worked with. We did so many fun events and the president does so much for the employees. Management though cares more about people's feelings instead of the work quality that is being done.
They offer a lot of benefits.
Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 11, 2018
NAE is a fast growing company and the rules are ever changing. The management shows favoritism to employees. The pay is fair but the positions there are mostly dead end. They force religion, charity and money management on you. It is a very cult like setting. Company expects too much from the employees. A lot of people work there but no one seems to be happy and the majority of them are looking for employment elsewhere.
Benefits
Cons
No job advancement. Work overloads.
Some good people but you are expendable
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 30, 2018
I would first like to say there are many great people working there and I consider many of them the be friends.

The company has nice benefits such as a program to help with debt reduction and an associate emergency fund. Both are great things for those in need. Food trucks are also occasionally brought in when company goals are met.

However do not be fooled by the feigned family culture. Family never gives up on you, this company will.
You are a member of the family..... until you mess up or challenge the status quo.

You are a number there. Never let your guard down. Never speak up and bring attention to yourself. Just keep your head down and do your job and you will more or less enjoy your time there.

Hourly employees are forced to adhere to strict clocking in and out rules. This is fine for a call center but not for the rest of the company. It felt extremely archaic and unnecessary.

I would also keep a backup plan in mind for the 1 year mark. I saw over a dozen people hit their one year anniversary and get unexpectedly canned soon after.

I saw a lady with several years tenure become associate of the month only to be unexpectedly fired later on in the same month.

They go through frequent hiring spurts... only to then go through frequent purges a few months later..

There is also a weird religious overtone to the company. Religious songs frequently play throughout the building. Many people secretly object but are too scared to say anything. The company also partners closely with religious charities so if you object to giving money to
  more... religious organizations, you will want to avoid participating.

Overall its a decent place to work. Just treat it like a job that pays the bills and never give management any reason to question you.

This place isn't evil, just heartless.
Pros
Lots of Good People
Cons
Mess up or speak out of line and you will be purged
Very cult like setting. Religion money management and charity are shoved down your throat.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 21, 2018
Good company to work for as long as you agree with everything they say and do. Very micro managed and really feels like a cult. They watch and listen to everything you do. Feels like you work at Fort Knox. They hire you for a job and then force other tasks on you. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Very high turn over rate. Lots of good people working there but not many are happy with the company.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits.
Cons
You are just a number there., Most positions are dead end jobs, Everything changes as the company needs it to as your position or job title, Very high turn over.
Solid company
Data Input Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 14, 2018
Great place to start your career. Plenty of room for upward mobility. Great ream environment. Monthly meetings face to face with the CEO to show growth of the comany
It was ok
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 4, 2018
I left on good terms but would not return. It is an up and coming organization that needs to work on the development of new roles. Duties for new roles need to be clear and tested before hiring people.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 4, 2018
NAE/NWAN was a wonderful place to work at. The culture was fun, but professional. There are many opportunities to progress in your career while honing your skills in you current position.
A company that is expanding rapidly
Pre-Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHDecember 13, 2017
Was a great company to work for when I started, but was growing at a dangerous pace and the management was not trained properly to accomodate the business. Training in general was poor and the politics/procedures did not allow for a balance with home and career.
Pros
Commisions and pto
Cons
Hours and lack of mgmt. Support
Excellent place to work
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 27, 2017
If you are looking for a career, you cannot go wrong at NAE/NWAN. The owner is as good as they come. Great facility. Great benefits. Awesome company!
Great Place to work, Excellent Enviroment
PRE-AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  strongsville ohioOctober 26, 2017
I loved working for this company, The atmosphere was very relaxed and although the work could be tedious at times the whole team was amazing. The morale within the company radiates through the building. Awesome place to grow
Pros
rest and relaxation room, great pay and bonuses, great leadership
Cons
non
Loved President but she had her hands fullI
Executive Assistant/Reinsurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 11, 2017
I would work my butt off at work and handling 2-3 person position.
Management accept President was always unhappy. I loved doing as much as i could but the task amount was unreasonable. I heard she had to hire 3 people after I left.
Pros
Loved my tasks
Cons
a lot of work outside normal hours
Positive atmosphere and great well rounded management
Pre-Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 1, 2017
My specific job was in high-pressured sales (call center). It was not the typical call center. It was like family and everybody is welcome to share thoughts and be yourself. The position itself was not hard but you needed to perfect your skill. The trainers and immediate supervisor helped coach you and teach you strategies that were not rude or annoying to customers. The managers always had an open door policy and encouraged you to share your thoughts on how to better yourself as an employee and them as a management team. Yearly reviews also helped with that. I made many friends there over the 2 years I was employed (my own fault I am no longer with the company). The things that the president/CEO provided us were above an beyond. From Christmas parties to summer picnics, to gift cards and lunch, they always wanted to celebrate us as a team and made sure all parts of the company were spending time together and enjoying fellowship (while being generously rewarded). They also always made sure we had a great 401K program, Aflac and HSA in addition to many other aspects of your future. I would definitely recommend giving them an opportunity to show you how they can change your life for the better and provide steady income. Also, they can help you become a better person not only for the company but for yourself as well.
Pros
Lunches, gift card, food trucks, picnics, parties with gifts, positive atmposphere, game room with couches, workout room
Cons
Strict point system
Great company to work for and to work with!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working for NAE/NWAN is that they are one of the most honorable companies I have had the privilege to work for. Integrity shows in every facet of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE EXPERTS. Our community is ready to answer.

NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE EXPERTS Reviews by Location