National Bank of Arizona Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst place to work for
Teller ll (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2018
By far one of the worst places I have ever worked for! Unorganized, they expect you to do everyone’s job but no acknowledgement or compensation, they don’t grant days off, they talk about everyone behind their backs, management brings home life and their multiple relationship status at work (that are with customers). When you voice your option to upper management they basically say if you don’t like it leave. And there are no customers! That says a lot. The turn around in the this bank is unreal.
Pros
Cons
Daily customers
I enjoyed my time with National Bank
Commercial Loan Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa,AZJune 20, 2018
I dont have anything negative to say about my time with National Bank. I would still be there if not laid off. All branches and employees were a treat to work with.
Pros
People and Salary
Cons
Co-workers were nice and professional
Sr Banker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2018
Health insurance benefits terrible yhey called it preventive care so if you are unhealthy and require medical you 100% of the bill till you hit a very high deductible. Dental/Vision was one lump sum $1500 you pay for all you expenses for your family with this which can run out quick.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Lousy incentive plan
Small Bank
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 25, 2018
Being a small family owned company, it created a culture where everyone felt like family, Rarely did anyone feel or was anyone treated like just another employee. Thats a great feeling
Customer Service Representative
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 6, 2018
National Bank is a great company to work at. With great benifits for the consumer or business clients as well as the employees. We offer competative products and services.
Services, sales, operations, training coaching- daily activities
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 22, 2018
A good environment and team to work with. Lead and direct staff in operations and sales. Work with diverse clients- problem resolution. Identify products and serves for individuals and business clients to reach goals.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
small staff
Friendly work ace
Loan Processor Sr (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2018
NBA started as a small community bank and grew to much bigger. Slot of changes were being implemented at the time of my departure.
It is a good place to work.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Na
Definitely a 9-5 office job
Marketing Project Manager - NB (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
If you are happy being behind a computer and in an office atmosphere, this organization may work for you. If you prefer an 8-5 schedule and don't mind being micro-managed, this company definitely runs on that model. They do offer great benefits and depending on your manager and department the other aspects are also negotiable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too competitive between departments
Small Bank
Sr Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Benson, AZFebruary 13, 2018
The bank is a small bank and has good potential to learn the banking process and start a career in banking. If you have worked for a large bank before you will find this bank a challenge.
N/a
Retail Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2018
Amazing place to work and great close knit group of people. Learned a lot and am very fortunate to have been able to work there. The employees are genuine and care
Poor management
Teller (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 30, 2018
This job started out as a great place to be, I thought it was going to be something I could do for a long time but if you make a mistake management is quick to throw you to the wolves instead of helping you to correct the issue through proper training or other programs. The higher management treats you like you owe them for you having your job, therefore you need to do as they say or else.
Pros
Great hours to work
Cons
Aweful management skills
auditing
Admin Officer - Document Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2018
really enjoyed working there with the manager. some of the management team had favorites making it a somewhat difficult place to work. other than that good place to be
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great team spirit
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZJanuary 24, 2018
Each day as a teller and or personal banker was spent interacting with the customers. I enjoyed the customer service and problem solving that my job required. The team we had when we were fully staffed was fun to work with and got along well. We had potlucks, parties for birthdays and Christmas and everyone was involved. The hardest part was when people started to leave, were transferred out or laid off. The culture of banking has changed over the last 20 years from customer service as your primary concern to a sell sell sell atmosphere with unattainable goals which put stress on the employees and customer service no longer was priority.
Pros
good benefits and retirement options
Cons
unrealistic goals and understaffed branch
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Overgaard, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Mandatory to complete a daily reading and performance questions regarding current banking regulations. This position has room for growth, however I was retired and seeking part-time work only.
Pros
Great for career minded person
Cons
I was retired and looking for part-time work
Stressful and understaffed for over 2 years
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 18, 2017
Company needs to re-evaluate it’s branches and their skeleton crews. They want production but with very little staff. Not a job many people could handle for a long period of time.
Pros
Vacation, 401k, paid holidays
Cons
Low pay, short staff, mean customers not enough staff to take care of customer base
no longer open
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
Working with women can be stressful. There was not a line between personal and business work. I loved the type of work and the customers were amazing!
Great people, fast paced work
Treasury Management Department Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 12, 2017
I love the people I work with and the departments that I am able to partner with. There is something new every day and always more to learn. Management is able to provide direction and learning opportunities for all levels.
It was a very busy place to work, but not much interaction between the employees.
Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working there but the Bank went under back during the economic turndown and was purchased by an insurance company. I had previously been replaced by someone else who worked there. I was given the option to stay on in another job, but chose to go ahead and retire rather than move. My supervisor was let go soon after I was and just ahead of the bank failure.
Pros
It was very enjoyable to be able to give money to charities and see that money benefit others.
Cons
A lot of disorganization due to bank problems.
Excellent venue to apply for Small business loans
SBA Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  North Scottsdale, aZAugust 2, 2017
Wonderful work location, talented workers, great CEO, multiple opportunities for advancement. Great medical, dental, 401K benefits. The pay was comparable to the industry.
Pros
Excellent training programs
Na
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2017
When I worked here it was a great company. I have no idea how the culture of the company is now in 2017. If the company is still in business - then I say it was great.