National Bankruptcy Services, LLC Employee Reviews

It's Not Worth it! Compare it to the Devil's playground or doing a Life sentence!
Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2019
NO room for Growth/Advancement! People who have worked here 16/17 years have been passed over numerous times for promotions!
NO Raises!
NO Sick time!
NO Bonus after hitting GOAL consecutively for months!
NO DIVERSITY in Management!
NO Real HR! *They are completely clueless!
NO Real Leadership in the company!
NO Training!
NEVER Invest in Employees!
IF you want to get paid more $$$ and move up Quit for awhile then go back! Everyone does it!!!
Pros
You get chicken nuggets for all your hard work!!! I guess it's better than peanuts!
Most of the reviews are from disgruntled former employees
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2019
This place is not perfect but it was not as bad at it has been made to seem. Starting PTO is 12 days that is awarded on hire date, and there are 9 paid holidays. I left to get out of the industry, but I did not hate my job. You should take these reviews with a grain of salt and judge for yourself.
Bad Leads
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 5, 2019
The customer service leads are VERY unprofessional. If they don’t like you and you have a question, your invisible to them. The training is no proper training, just listening in with a tenored associate. First job I ever left without giving notice.. my schedule was 10a 7p, due to mandatory overtime, only worked the schedule maybe three times, always 10 hour shifts .
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Did not get along with my manager. Your results may vary
Information Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2018
I am not able to reveal the details of my terrible experience without disclosing my identity in the process of doing so. It is better just to say that the quality of management in my department was miserable all the way up to the CEO. That may not be true in other departments.
National Bankruptcy Service LLC is a great and friendly environment for anyone to work for.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2018
National Bankruptcy Service is a wonderful company to work for. They provide excellent cross training which most companies should offer. The company also provides alot of incentives for employees as long as they strive to work hard.
Pros
Cross training, very friendly environment
Cons
Work your way through college programs
Not a bad place to work, but after working there 2 1/2 years, I only received one wage increase.
FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2018
I had a really good supervisor. She was very flexible. If I had to come in late or leave early, for doctor/dentist appointments, I could make up my time. We had monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations. We got cake or cookies. Overall, it was a good work atmosphere. Too bad they didn't give raises.
Poor management
Senior Bankruptcy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone to this job. Management needs improving and need to recognize their employees. They never want you to use your vacation time.
No fringe benefits
BANKRUPTCY SPECIALIST l 335 RP WOS - US BANK (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Average daily job
Bankruptcy Procedures
Accomplished and knowledgeable
Friendly environment
Lack of training polices and sometimes a lack of consistent work in certain departments
Minimum amount of micro management
Pros
Occasional benefits, like free lunches..nothing else
Cons
Non contributions by the Company toward the 401K
Depressing cube farm
Foreclosure Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2018
You learn how to do the job but nothing more, no relevant skills beyond basic MS Office. Management are completely disconnected workaholics who make you feel like you can't take time off or you aren't being a team player. No room for career advancement, the more advanced duties are horded by management so the best way to advance is to leave. The hardest part of the job is staying awake pretending you're not a fleshy robot continually pounding the same buttons on your worn-out keyboard. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
At least you get paid
Cons
Everything else
Diverse company
Bankruptcy Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2017
Company values work/life balance. Management team allows for flexible work schedule. Company values diversity and workplace is relaxed and casual atmosphere.
Pros
Convenient location in West Des Moines.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities.
Productivity based environment
Bankruptcy Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2017
Review loan documents. Monitor bankruptcy court dockets. Generate legal documents. Review client loan system records. Management is good. Workplace culture is okay.
BANKRUPTCY CHAPTER 7 TEAM LEAD/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
I miss the people. The training is hands on and not structured. Split decisions are made about people but no room to improve yourself. If you can pick up with little supervision and act quick on your feet you will survive.
Pros
Learning before your career
Cons
no life balance, no true training
Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2017
The job itself was very interesting, but the managers were always telling us to hurry up and bill with little consideration about the other reports we were doing, training was not good at all. The manager has not been there very long and takes vacations every month and returns and yells at everyone in the meetings that we are not doing enough.
Cons
only two weeks PTO which includes sick time, no 401K match
Stressful environment
Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2017
Stressful environment. Micro management. Benefits and pay not competitive. No matching 401 K. No room for advancement within the company. There was no open door policy
nbs, you deserve the managers you have.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
The work wasn't too bad. Boring and repetitive but it's the manager I had that made me leave.

This manager in the billing department who is also a real estate agent conducts her own business during office hours and routinely leaves to take care of her realtor business. .I am shocked that either HR doesnt know this. or they are letting this go.

Manager literally gets paid to tend to her own realtor career.
HR backs managers like that and looks the other way. no one cares what managers are doing. Very unfair. It's not cute.
Excellent place to work.
Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Working in this company helps you grow professionally and the company as a whole promotes a team environment. The company is great at providing the training and tools you need to do the job well.
Forget it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
If you are looking for work in the mortgage default industry, you will find other options to choose from.

If you are a college graduate, you should definitely not apply here. This company is run more like a sweat shop, and your education and expertise will not be helpful here. We need people who are mediocre, so that we can use them working long hours and have them expect nothing back.
Pros
A biweekly paycheck
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I wouldn't refer my best friend or my worst enemy for this "company". Terrible company in all facets of the business spectrum.
Pros
Learning experiences
Cons
Everything else
Okay place to work
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2017
If you have nothing to do but work long hours 5 days out the week, then this is the perfect job for you. If you're okay with getting 12 days out the calendar year for time off this is another perk for you. A lot of people love this job , but I hate to say I hate it just to be honest.
Pros
We get to have our phones out & wear jeans :)
Cons
Understaff & Overworked
Simple, but repetitive, and long hours
Bankruptcy Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 18, 2016
Overtime is almost always required, either due to insufficient staffing or unrealistic deadlines. Employees who demonstrate proficiency are leaned upon heavily to do much of the work, and those who struggle are rarely held accountable to improve. Management always preached that they wanted quality over quantity, but in practice the opposite was true.

Skilled employees will be rewarded with advancement opportunities, though management tends to be pretty cliquey, so you'll have to play ball. I found the benefits package to be adequate, though I have no point of reference for comparison.