National Basketball Association

National Basketball Association Employee Reviews

National Basketball Association insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Great work environment, great people and good pay.

Great place to start you’re career. Minimum room to grow is the only downside of the job. You gain amazing experience. The pay and benefits are amazing as well.

Pros

Free stuff, great coworkers, benefits, pay

Cons

no room to grow

You’ll be lucky if your boss knows your name

I would be shocked to find a company where nearly every employee feels so negatively as my coworkers and I feel about working here. Nearly everyone is underpaid and overworked. The managers could not care less about anyone or their well-being. Having the outdated our technology work properly is the best perk offered once a day each month. Once I learned that you are rewarded for doing nothing and furloughed for going above and beyond, I began to care at the same pitiful level of upper management. Overall, I have nothing but regret about starting my career here.

Pros

Great coworkers, free stuff, the office is an unsupervised middle school cafeteria

Cons

Underpaid, not allowed to work overtime but expect to work overtime, management is clueless, The office is an unsupervised middle school cafeteria

Good place

The NBA is a good place to work - honestly I just want to read the other reviews and it is making me fill out this form and it is not ideal but I will do it.

Productive, mature work zone to be in. Good Management too

Honestly, it's a pretty good place to work if you're maybe a junior or senior in Highschool or in college. Discount on sneakers or jerseys if you're into that stuff and a cool Hall Of Fame section. Coworkers are great too so it's just all-around a comfortable environment to be in with a ton of food selections in the area for all ur cravings.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Not enough sneakers

Good

The job was good with good working hour and good environment for work. No problem with the management or supervisors on any issue and they were very fair

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great Internship

Excellent internship program. Great people. Great culture. Really enjoyed my time working there. I was involved on many projects. Learned a lot during the internship.

The people and the experiences

I truly enjoyed working with the nba Yeah there are ups and downs like anything in life but the team of people make everything better . I really enjoyed working with the nba and would do it again

Pros

People

Cons

Work hours

Fun place to work

Covering NBA is a great position for someone like myself, who loves basketball.Flexible hours, not big pay, but lots of satisfaction. Helping people understand game is great benefit.

I Will Finally Tell My Tale

Trust me when I say this, you will not advance at the company when upper management says you will. You're not paid to the reflection of the work that is given to you, and you're not provided decent healthcare to take care of your family if you're thrown into the "permalance" pool. I worked in Secaucus for a few seasons trying to leave an impression for management of my great work ethic. It doesn't matter what you do, unless you're outside of video production you will stay forever as a freelancer until they get tired of you and replace you - It's extremely cutthroat. They had me and a few other employees running food for other departments. Who knew you were disregarded as an employee by your own department as if you were a nobody. You work for the name, and your love of the game. But in doing so you're just a cog in a well-oiled machine as they exhaust you to being a milk-cow for their agenda. I'll be honest, if you're employed outside of being family-relative or through a friend of an executive, you will continually serve every year wondering when you will make more money, or when they will cut you which happens frequently. Know your worth, and please know this isn't the most amazing place to work, they take advantage of you until they no longer need you, at least within Digital Media Ops or Original Production. Who wants to work 13-15 years and still not be considered staff or worse yet you put in 13-15 years and you're let go on a whim. Avoid at all costs and stay clear of those two departments because you're expendable.

Pros

The culture, and watching the games.

Cons

Horrible management

Exciting environment, mostly nice and personable people

Always a fun and exciting place to work. Thin staffing so people are expected to pull their fair share and then some. Internal opportunities aren't always vis

Top 10% are only "average". Not for everyone.

Great organization to work your tail off 24/7. If you have a family or other priorities- they will certainly take a back road to this job- Be prepared!

Can be fun but not much growth

Doesn't matter how hard you work, people advance because of relationships. Know so many people that worked their butt off and stayed in the same position for years. Basketball aspect is great. Long term career not really. High turnover rate.

I loved working for the NBA there is so much to learn . It is a very high paced business due to all of the different departments

Very supportive team I worked for in Revenue Accounting. It’s a very fast paced atmosphere but once I learned the different departments and formed professional relationships with clients I loved what I did . It’s fascinating how the behind the scenes of the day to day operations of such a large Entertainment company functions .

Pros

Tickets to games, good pay, Supportive Management, convenient location for mass transportation and easy access to highways etc

Cons

Benefits, long hours during month end

Very fun environment

I really enjoy the company , they make everybody feel important and special ! I would recommend this job to anybody that’s looking to level up and improve

Pros

The people

Cons

No cons

fun place to work. good work/life balance. compensation is good. employees are happy working here

The NBA is a good place to work. The work pace is high, however there is a good work/life balance. There are several benefits for employees. Company family events and workplace culture highlighted my time at the NBA.

Need more time to figure this out

Enjoyed some of my time working here. Was let go during COVID after being told no layoffs. Poor management. Poor HR department. High rate of turnover. Not a lot of growth or opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Met very good friends

Cons

Poor HR, larger turnover

Good place to work. Poor direction.

Definitely an interesting and cool place to have worked. Sadly management was very disengaged and didn't offer clear direction when specifically needed and asked for.

Great place to work!

Always a great experience at the Nba store. All of the people who work for the company are hard workers and it is also a great environment to up sell very good merchandise!

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

May not get along with all management

Organized

Working as an ambassador during the All Star weekend, it seems like the NBA is very organized and know exactly what they want and need for their guests as far as customer service.

Best team and staff in the NBA

During my years with the Grizzlies, I experienced true teamwork. From the team on the court, to the staff that keeps the organization running, everyone was professional and supportive of one another and worked toward a common goal. I would highly recommend working for the Memphis Grizzlies.

Professional basketball

100% competition mentally and physically. Pushing yourself and peers to it’s full potential. Creating relationships that last a lifetime. Team players

Pros

Work ethic, student mentality, diversity

Cons

Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Basketball Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at National Basketball Association.
Powered byComparably