National Basketball Association Employee Reviews

Not as fun as it seems
Senior Director, Accounting (Current Employee) –  NYJune 25, 2018
The company seems to very fun to work at but in reality it is not as fun as it seems. There is a lot of favoritism, and not a lot of opportunity to advance.
fun workplace
TRANSPORTATION OFFICE TEMP (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2018
throughout the week that I worked for the NBA All Star weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed the people that i worked with. everyone was very easy going and was always willing to help one another during what could be a stressful week.
Great stepping stone, lots of politics and red tape
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
Great brand, product and potential. Leadership needs to trust their talented employees a lot more than they do. Lots of internal politics and red tape with not enough autonomy and opportunity to succeed.
Excellent work place
Telecommunication Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Excellent work place. Worked with NBA for more than 5 years. However, changed my status to Married and had to relocate to another state. Very professional group of employees
David Review
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2018
NBA continues to grow with popularity. The Suns have struggled for several years but continue to be a avenue for entertainment in the Phoenix area. Sports is cyclical and I am sure things with change soon for the Suns
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Lots of overtime
Great place to learn and enhance Skills
Assistant Editor / Logger (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2018
Great place to work. Provided with creative freedom along with direction and guidance if needed. Great hours if you had Doctors appointments or Kid functions during the Day.
Pros
HD TV's Everywhere, Catered Lunches snd Dinners
Cons
NBA Offseason
Workplace Culture
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
The name in itself of working at the NBA is what draws people to it, the events are rewarding and the experiences are invaluable, however, the people are what make working at the NBA so great - the company should recognize this and compensate its employees accordingly.
Really good environment if you enjoy basketball
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, I loved basketball so it was the perfect employer to work for. It can get hectic at times because of all the tourists but overall its great.
Exciting, Competitive, Fast Paced
INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL OPERATIONS INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Working as an intern at the NBA was one of the best professional experiences I have ever had. I would recommend to any of my friends who are looking for an internship in New York City and are qualified.
Contract position
Photo Digital Editor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 16, 2018
This was a contract position that I eventually left because I did not agree with the style of management. A typical day really depends on what games are on that night. I was hired right after the NBA Finals so a lot of the work was editing celebrations, charity work, then the Summer League, and WNBA.
Na
Production Trainee/Replay Operator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 5, 2018
Great time working at the nba. Everything is completely amazing. Its also a great addition to my resume. I would recommend this employer to everyone. Its been a pleasure being employed at the nba,
NBA in New York
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2018
Working in the NBA encourages collaborative efforts and teamwork. I feel that it pushes me to become a better individual. Workplace culture within departments are open and cordial enough.
Was there during corporate change - didn't get an accurate read
Anon (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Was there during corporate change - didn't get an accurate read. People who find a niche are happy and it's an exciting place to work, and newly implemented changes should be an overall positive.
fun work place!
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southside, ALMarch 20, 2018
the workplace is amazing and the kids are great! great management and work with great people! It is a great workplace and really relaxed and its a fun place to work!
Pros
free lunch
amazing place
Game League Operations Assistant Kirk (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 10, 2018
Working at the NBA is great place to start your career.The most enjoyable part watching basketball for work and you're expose the game from all aspects ,
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant-Events (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 8, 2018
Consistently long hours never a shortage of work.
I learned how to work well with other departments and value my co-workers time and knowledge. The workplace culture is developing its making positive strides but still has a ways to go. The hardest part of the job was working within areas where I could not control delivery times. It caused me to have to adjust my task management to meet continually changing timelines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff. The people made the job enjoyable. They were professional, fun people who enjoyed what they did and were good at it.
Pros
amazingly proficient and professional co-workers
Cons
work life balance
Competitive
Player (Former Employee) –  Houston RocketsMarch 6, 2018
Not many people get to experience the fun of being drafted into the NBA. The NBA is a very competitive league with high standards that sets you for a great life.
quick paced and collabratice
Production Trainee, Replay Center (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 1, 2018
This job is very exciting if you're a basketball fanatic. Very fast paced just like a real game, but there are people around willing to help if you have any questions
It was interesting because of the store set up
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
A day at the NBA store included helping customers and pitching new products to customers. The store had a lot of cool products and it was easy to locate them.
Pros
environment friendly, great products
Cons
bias management
Company Review
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJFebruary 19, 2018
This is a great place to work! The benefits are awesome. Employees pay much less for medical insurance thanI have seen other companies in many years. There is a tuition assistance program and lots of paid time off. The environment is comfortable and the building is beautiful. The CEO is always looking for ways to improve the work environment, enhance employees' skills and ensure that employees are a good fit for the organization. He believes in balancing work and family and supports family needs. Everyone gets along well. People actually leave work at 5:00 pm every day! I haven't left a job at 5:00 pm in more than 15 years. We know what is expected of us and we get the job done. I highly recommend working at NKBA!
Pros
Benefits, pay, work/life balance, respect, fun