National Basketball Association Employee Reviews

Cool if you have no responsibilities
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2018
First started off as a good job for a young individual use to give plenty of hours when you first start but eventually they give you a min. Of 12 hours a week if that.
Pros
Somewhat chill environment
Cons
Hours, schedule, very little career development
Dedicated staff, small company feel
Senio Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Dedicated staff, hardworking professionals, strong leadership. Small company - so have exposure to various areas of the business.
People tend to stay for long tenures, consequently internal promotion is somewhat limited
Fun Workplace
Statistics Auditor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 4, 2018
Overall the National Basketball Association was a great company to work for. Fast paced work environment communicating with the different teams in the league.
A great place to work
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 1, 2018
A great place to work and the NBA really does take care of their employees anyway they can. Great benefits and employee perks. The only bad thing is that some events and projects are so big that it is inevitable that they will be understaffed.
It's fine
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
The leadership seems to be out of focus and disorganized. I think the company would benefit from traditional organization of departments so career growth can be achieved.
Fun and fast paced job.
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2018
I worked as a Media Tech, assisting with the photographers who work for NBA Photos. Edited photos and sent them to Getty images and the OKC Thunder. Very fun and friendly atmosphere.
fun job
Production Assistant / Low Camera Angle Switcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Great to work at a place you went to school for. I learn more about sports and production in that area. great to learn about other sports and creating edits for each.
Great First Job
EXECUTIVEASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
This was my first real opportunity and It provided me with an opportunity to hone my process and protocol.

I was given many opportunities to travel and get to try different event models.

However, employees were not really shown their value and they are made to feel dispensable.

Lots of corporate rules and HR to figure out.
Pros
Access to NBA Basketball
Cons
Cut Throat Environment/Lack of Competitive pay
Awesome People, Awful Management
Production Assistant/Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ 07094August 30, 2018
The people you work with are awesome and talented, but extremely undervalued and their opinions usually ignored. There is no job security or advancement. Upper "leadership" likes to micromanage. Entry level starts at $20/hour and there are some perks, but after a year or two, you may want to try elsewhere. Definitely use the brand name as a stepping stone in your resume and career.
Pros
perks, decent starting pay
Cons
no work/life balance, no growth, micromanagement, lack of leadership
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2018
This job was a great place to work for temporary purposes and was a great experience. Everyone worked as a team and it was a fun atmosphere to be in while it lasted. It is with sadness that I express that universal studios no longer desired to keep the restaurant open so we closed down in 2015.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Long shifts
Productive and I enjoyed it.
Supervisor Security (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2018
I love working with the people at that location. I only left because I was relocating. The customers were great and it was a good place to work. I made supervisor very quickly. I did what I need to do to be a great employee.
Pros
Great people
Cons
I can't think of any right now
Prestigious organization whats to. be one of the best places to work.
Office Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 15, 2018
Young atmosphere management trying to change culture very focused on being one if the best places to work. Have many perks for staff arcade games, daily fruit. Special snacks each week department outings, swag give a ways

Can be stressful many projects and league events my experience was a.good one and I would recommend anyone to work there.

Travel can be part of the job high profile events (NBA All Star game) overseas events.

Sometimes advancement can be frustrating depending on the department you work in.

My most enjoyable part of the job was helping people I worked with and a sense of accomplishment in getting the job done.

I learned many things in my career at the MAN from the mailroom to critical systems to understanding budgets and processing invoices and creating Excel reports.

The hardest part was making sure we did not miss anything since we as a department were relied upon to always have the answer or fix whatever the problem was.
Pros
Many employee perks
Cons
Can be a political atmosphere in the day to day
great
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2018
wonderful job, great experience. It is a good way to get your foot in the door into the sports world. I would recommend anyone trying to go into sports to start here.
great
VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2018
wonderful work experience and lovely opportunity to grow within the field. I loved working there and encourage anyone in sports to do the same if they get a chance.
Productive and fun place to work
Referee Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
At the NBA the atmosphere is very enjoyable, there opportunities each week to network, exclusive access to NBA events and networks in collaboration with the NBA, and positions although deadlines must be met have an entrepreneurial feel whereas you are responsible for when and how you do your work depending on your goals at the company.
Great Starting Position
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
Account executive role was straight forward and basic, they provided a 2 week training period and fed us to wolves. It's a great way to truly analyze your tolerance for sales and your passion for the industry. Cut-throat and fast paced the job will require you to constantly be on the move. There's always a possibility of making a sale, so business cards and professional demeanor must be maintained at all times. Sports fans walk all over the face of the earth. You could make your biggest sale in the arena on game day. Or at the grocery store restocking your fridge.
Pros
Kings are loved and hated in Sacramento prepare for all types of interactions.
Cons
Selling is key, they don't have time for you to figure it out.
Production and fund place to work with Basketball Nets, ping pong and Pool table to play
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 6, 2018
Great Place to work with lot of get together with senior folks.
They also make sure that learning opportunities are available to people who would like to excel in career.
Productive work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Very great place to work, a lot of coaching and advancement opportunities and a lot of areas for growth and development. This place taught me overall how to be a leader.
Pros
Hands on information
Cons
Long Work Days
it was a cool place to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Although there where times that the place could be hectic it was still a great place to be at. It was a great learning experience. Seeing that this was my first job it helped me a lot.
Fun and exciting place to work
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work. Fairly young staff, great management team, office culture is amazing. Everyone gets along, even outside of work and there is a great work/ social life balance.
Pros
Free food in the offices often, fun environment, travel opportunities, great office culture, flexible scheduling