National Basketball Association Employee Review

View all National Basketball Association reviews

Very professional workplace. The hallways had basketball photographs, past and present.
Digital Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 26, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of ingesting scheduled live feeds, or different forms of HD tapes, which may consist of interviews or game action video. Before ingesting, color corrections are made and timecode accuracy is perfected. Editors called our department throughout the day, for troubleshooting issues for FinalCutPro or ingest problems.

I've learned how to ingest different of tape, including beta, digital-beta, HD DVC pro, mini digital tapes, and Live arena feeds of games or press conferences. I also learned project management through consistent emailing and/or telephone contacting with various NBA employees throughout the country. We had access to many computers in the building, in case there were any problems

Management was not properly handled with our department. We, as employees, managed projects by prioritizing. My co-workers were great, especially with the constant threat of unemployment or schedule management in a 24-hour department. Workflow was very consistent because of updated daily NBATV shows.

The hardest part of the job was my employment status. I worked as a part-time employee with full-time hours. To work under the conditions of knowing that the company may let you go because of their financial reasons was uncomfortable. At the end of my employment, that's what it came down to. I was let go due to seniority after 5 years, no compensation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being given the opportunity to travel and work at the NBA All-Star Weekend of 2009 and NBA Rookie Draft of 2011. Employees were personally selected, so it was an honor and
  more... exciting, especially being a fan of the game. My co-workers were definitely what made my job comfortable because of the communication we shared to work hard and complete our tasks for the company.  less
Pros
breakroom looked like a halfcourt live photograph shot. the hourly pay was good.
Cons
mediocre union benefits

Other National Basketball Association Employee Reviews

Productive management
Production Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 18, 2018
Great workplace, great people, very open to helping pursue other alternative careers. A very friendly environment. Always willing to go above and beyond.
fun workplace
TRANSPORTATION OFFICE TEMP (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2018
throughout the week that I worked for the NBA All Star weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed the people that i worked with. everyone was very easy going and was always willing to help one another during what could be a stressful week.