National Carwash Solutions Employee Reviews

If you're looking for job security do not work for Ryko
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IASeptember 30, 2018
Several employees have been terminated for no reason and management refuses to give an answer to the employees that were terminated. Assumption is that business is bad and they don't want that to get out to the investors that own Ryko because their jobs will be in jeopardy. They made some high priced investments in manufacturing and now there's not enough business. So instead of just laying employees off, they say "we don't have to give a reason why you're being let go, so we aren't giving one".
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Bad salesmen, No business so no job security, no loyalty
Could be a more productive place
Engineering/Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAJuly 17, 2018
Sales is not knowledgeable of what they have to sell and continuously asks for specials.

They lack a strategic plan for new product offerings and want to run the operation like a 'one-off' job shop.

For the size of the company revenue line they run a very undersized over worked staff.

They need a manufacturing management staff not a Sales/Financially driven without the hint of Marketing top Management
Pros
Technical unique and interesting product
Cons
No long or short term strategy
Great place to work if you enjoy working with your hands
Service Technician II / Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJuly 7, 2018
Currently still employed. I don't plan on leaving either. Great pay, great health plans( packages switched at the start of 2018), vacation, paid time off, company vehicle, phone, tools, bonus money opportunities, and training. You get rewarded for hard work, no problems for working and doing what your asked & nothing more. And eventually canned for not doing your job. If you need tech support, we have guys that are employed to just help us figure out & fix the problems we cant ourselves! Our own people doing that! Parts guys doing the same thing! You need literature or manuals for something. We have them! You need parts for someone else's machine. We have them! Machine down, & factory is on back oder. Just look up the part in the companies inventory. And see which techs where have the part you need! I have had a few techs from other states over night me a part for a downed unit of a major customer . . I mean what else could you really ask for?. . . . So yea, its true. For the most part we are under staffed ( service team ). What do I see & get out of that? All the over time you can handle! Overtime = more $$$, when guys just want to do their 8 and get out. I see double time = $$$$$$......Which is the only reason we go to work in the first place. . .Which most dont. For me, I am about 1 year into the company. I started out just like the rest. Lost & confused. But with a positive attitude & outlook, & some hard work. You find your way. I already have lead multiple large jobs, shop & site rebuilds, and complete in bay & tunnel remodels, installs, and special projects. . .  more... . And I am just a normal guy. Nothing special. Yea, I do have a bit more skills in my bag than the rest. But my biggest tool is my work ethic. I am willing and ready to work everyday. So I have excelled quickly here. I have watched others do the same. One of the biggest obstacles is the customers, and unfortunately...A handful of your co workers. Which is expected when they bar is being raised, shining light on the lack of work truly being completed.. . Really in the end. Just work, and do your job the best you can. Management leaves you alone. Which when you hire on. Its very clear what they expect of you. If you do your best every day to complete them, you will have no problems. If you don't, then you get problems. Just like every other job. . . . The complaints I hear about are from the ones who don't want to work, just want to be in cruise control. Do their 8 and get out. But honestly. With an attitude like that. The same complaints will be said at any job. All the same cons as the rest. But only the pros of the best.
But honestly....What do you expect from one of the leading car wash manufacturers in the world.They are 1 of 3 only manufacturers to employ their very own install, service, and sales team! No 3rd party stuff. Checks direct from the company. . . . This is a great company to work for. All the tools & benefits in the world to help you excel, are at your finger tips. . . . That is, if you even want to see them. . . . You just have the will to learn, work hard & progress in the company. And you will. . . .
Pros
Tools to perform your job at your best, Job security, Pay scale, Benefits
Cons
Small amount of the customers & co workers
Very productive company
ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2018
Very productive company. Company has a lot of paid vacations. Benefit deductibles are high. Management is great!!!! Work alone 99% of the time. Great career for a young motivated individual.
Pros
Service van, cell phone, laptop
Cons
poor benefit package
Dont do it to yourselves
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 5, 2018
The worst management ever! They will fly you across the country to give you awards for service excellence then fire you in the same trip. Worst 7 years of my life.
Cons
Lack of leadership and organization
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2018
Management no support expects for technicians to perform some duties that management should handle especially when it requires questions for management such as benefits parts and other but at the same time will be on you for not producing as he wants but yet has techincians doing his job which puts technicians back up on their job duties. Has a bad habit at cursing in meetings and does not care if you are on medical restrictions. If you complain to HR he finds a way to fire you to cover his behibnd
Love this company
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 12, 2018
love working with this company, was hoping to continue for many more years but no position were available where i relocated to in FL, so i have to venture fwd and search elsewhere
Pros
everything, time freedomww, hrs
Cons
Always busy, job security, great company
Install Technician (Current Employee) –  So calMarch 4, 2018
I’ve only been working for Ryko about a year. Pay is great lots of hours and management is on point. Usually the people that talk bad and or complaint are the lazy or undisciplined people. I would recommend this job to all my friends and family. Great company and opportunity if you like to work hard.
Pros
Company car, cell phone, laptop, hot spot, 401k pay vacations and to many to list
Cons
Nothing really bad to say. Honestly.
Good company to work and good benefit.
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2018
Good company to work for and good benefit. Work at different place every day and good people to work with. Time goes by quick working out in the field.
Pros
good benefit.
Cons
poor management.
Okay job if you like high stress and staying in hotels.
Preventive maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  4026 E Broadway rd. STE 902 Phoenix, AZ. 85040January 19, 2018
The manager was new so he had problems with time management and offering assistance with some of our most basic requests.

RYKO uses an antiquated system through Lotus Notes that is extremely buggy and slows down your productivity. It also is like a logistical big brother and micromanages everything you input.

Every day you are putting out fires so to speak and customers are rarely happy with the level of service you provide because they are constantly losing revenue.

RYKO offers maintenance programs for their car wash equipment where you pay several hundred a month, but, when something major goes wrong... They don't want to spend the money to fix it right.

You get a verbal beatdown every day from customers and supervisors and I went home every day feeling bad because things were not operating as designed and my employer was ripping people off!
Pros
Upper management in Iowa, compensation
Cons
Arizona manager, benefits and work life balance
Changed company after ownership change
Direct Area Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 19, 2017
Work required many cold calls and follow up with unhappy account related to service work. Established call schedule each week and worked from a home office.
Pros
Very good product line.
Cons
Management at the company level.
worst place ever worked
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  NHOctober 14, 2017
the management what there is will sell you out, they care only about money and what you make for them, they say you get x amount if you sell, you do not get anything.
more driving then a long haul truck driver . the list goes on stay away from this company
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Lots of driving, no support.
Service Technician North East Region (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAAugust 5, 2017
On your own, no one to assist you with info or help. 1000-1500 miles driving per week. Need to print work orders, have them signed and then scan back into laptop. All customers want immediate service because can't make any income with machine down. Can only be in one place at a time. Customers blame me for making them wait even though my supervisor sets priority on jobs. I'm the only RYKO tech in Connecticut, parts of Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts. It is very rewarding when you get the machines operating correctly again. Never see my manager, calls when he needs something. Learned more about sensors, photo eyes, computer controls and high pressure pump stands.
Pros
Work van 24 hours per day.
Cons
To much stress and work sites far apart.
Great Work, Lots Of Travel
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAJuly 11, 2017
If you don't mind being away from home often and quite a few hours, this may be a job for you. I won't lie, it can be hard work. Generally, that's for a tear-out and setting a machine up. That's usually the first couple of days of a job. After that, things often start sliding into place. And then it's off to the next job. Sometimes you might get lucky, get a job nearby home, and get to sleep in your own bed at night; other times you might be out on the road for a week or two or three.
Hard work for low pay
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAMay 11, 2017
Management has NO regard for loyal hard working employees.
The whole company has clicks and if your not in a click you are shown no respect. Low pay and no reviews
Pros
Company has been around for awhile
Cons
low pay
nice work place
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IA 50111April 7, 2017
very nice work enviroment the only problem i had was they would lay off and with the old owner he made sure he always had you working thats why i moved on
Job with benefits
Chemical and Parts Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAMarch 27, 2017
Definitely not a career, but at least it is a job with benefits. Health insurance is horrible, but work schedule is accommodating so long as 40 hours per week are met. No overtime permitted.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No annual raises, no advancement
Terrible management and support
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New EnglandFebruary 3, 2017
They expect you to repair competitor's machines with no technical info, and the engineers that run tech support are overworked and stressed. Management is the worst I've seen ina company. I had multiple issues with my pay due to the unreliable technology they use, and was constantly requesting new equipment that never came. Some of the techs are the best in the business, but they are stretched way too thin and can't keep up, causing tension with customers. This company talks a big game but isn't really a big time company. Almost none of the customers are satisfied for a reason. And they do t take care of their employees, period. There are no real pay raises or performance evaluations that mean anything. Dead end job.
Pros
Good people at the tech level, fun job.
Cons
Pay, management support nonexistent, poor planning.
Field Service Tech
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Perform preventive maintenance to all customer in Chicago land area included Indiana (sometime) with self-confident working as company assigned on each customer, fixed temporary in case no part in my inventory just keep the customer machine running. In case some part could not do it by myself then will call supervisor for another technician for help. No matter what I will alway work hard in order to get the job done also keep customers happy, when the happy that inportant part of my job.
I alway enjoy working even its difficut.
Pros
Free hotel, Free gas, per diem
Cons
Healthcare, 401k, life insure
Worst Job I've ever had
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 9, 2016
The training is a joke. They expect you to work on units that they have no info on. They try and squeeze as much out of you as possible. You are expected to keep up with a certain amount of service calls per a day with constant micro management calling you through the day to see where you are at even though company vehicles have gps. Management is a joke. There is a reason there is such a high turnover rate for this company. Customers constantly try to throw you under the bus daily. They say it's limited travel but then send you out of town for weeks at a time with only a days notice. WORST JOB I EVER HAD!!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Carwash Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

National Carwash Solutions Reviews by Location