National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) Employee Reviews

Loved my time with NCMEC
Photo Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 9, 2017
NCMEC was a great non-profit to work for. Not only is the mission one to be passionate about, but management cares for their employees and they truly do their best to ensure a work/life balance. The only thing I would have liked to see was more inner organization advancement for those with experience vs. degree. I was working towards my degree, but was limited as far as advancement despite my knowledge of the organization itself.
Pros
Benefits, purpose, salary, management, work/life balance
Cons
Depending on educational background, advancement can be limited
A leader in online child saftey and protection
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 6, 2017
They organization does great work. Most people there are really amazing and really care about helping and locating/rescuing children. Culture is rigid and segmented. Supervisors and managers are promoted within the company and are usually good at doing the work but poor at knowing how to engage and communicate with staff. The communication within and between departments is not good.