National Children's Museum Employee Reviews

Fun relaxed work environment.
Advancement Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2017
I had a positive experience at the National Children's Museum. Work was very independent and felt useful and important to the company. I really learned a lot about how a non profit functions.
Fun and creative workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2016
This volunteer job was really rewarding overall. You didn't just work in the office space but you got to display your projects with groups of kids at schools, and have in interactive experience.
Inspiring young minds while remaining young at heart
Director of Visitor Services (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2015
My work at the National Children's Museum has always been centered around inspiring young children through educating them on the arts, science, culture, and play. The staff is the heart of the museum and their creativity, intelligence, passion, and commitment is amazing.
Pros
Seeing young minds when they experience the "ah-ha" moment, and truly understand a concept
Cons
bugdetary limitations
Productive and fun workplace. Enjoyed the children and parents!
Cashier/Box Office Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MarylandMarch 9, 2015
It was a nice atmosphere and everyone that worked there was disappointed about their having to close. I worked two positions there. Both Visitor Services Associate & Box Office Sales Associate.
Pros
Free passes to the museum.
Fun workplace and felt like a family
VISITOR SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDFebruary 27, 2015
If you can dress up as a angry bird just because you will enjoy your workplace. I learned that not everyone is not willing to help you and see you succeed. Management was great because they worked with me very well since I am a mom of a 2 year old. My coworkers were amazing. I made a lot of friends with this job. The hardest part of the job was the slow months in the winter. The enjoyable part is making the kids smile.
Pros
making the kids smile
Cons
Productive and fun place to work especially if you love kids.
Visitor Services Associate (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDNovember 10, 2014
Interact with kids hands on through play and imagination. I've learned the importance of having a creative mind and thinking outside of the box. The hardest part of the job would be keeping the focus and attention of our younger visitors. Most enjoyable part would be having the opportunity to put my ideas to use.