National Church Residences Employee Reviews

Outstanding company!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZApril 13, 2019
National Church Residences is by far the best company I have worked with. Their mission and vision align with how I am wired. Every company has room for improvement, but National Church Residences has closed that gap tremendously with a spirit of Excellence & Caring. I love working with them and hope I never have to leave!!
Pros
Commitment to excellence and caring
Cons
Employees who don’t share their commitment to excellence and caring
Have had nothing short of a great experience working with National Church Residences
Recruiting Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2019
The mission is what inspires you to be apart of the National Church Residences team, but the culture is what keeps your around long term. My management team are among the best I have ever seen or heard about, so much hard work, laughter and joy everyday.
Company great as a whole
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 3, 2019
The company as a whole is excellent. They are willing to answer any questions you may have. The property I was at however was not as good as the whole. The manager was rude to not only employees but residents as well. I would have loved to stay and left on my own accord as I loved the job. I just could not handle the manager which is very sad.
Service Coordinators have no job security if they are not working at a NCR owned property
Social Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 1, 2019
If you dont get along with your property manager or have a different opinion as to what's best for the residents there are ongoing issues.

Property managers are privy to the salary on Service Coordinator, which automatically creates issues, due to SC making more than property managers.

My issues came in primarily due to NCR not owning the property that I was placed at. NCR would go to any length to please the company including terminating awesome Service Coordinators in order to please the company they are working for. NCR should do a better job of protecting their employees.
"I loved the job."
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2019
"Sometimes when I look back on things could have been handled differently. The beliefs and the passion to help others of the company are the same of my own which motivated me daily. The supervision of my immediate supervisor was great.
Pros
Help client in multiple areas.
Cons
Bed bugs were a problem.
Stay away
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 6, 2019
So first it took 2 months for back ground after working 18 days in a row. They fired me over a Facebook post and lack of communication. (I’m deaf) and never have me the tools I needed to be able to adapt to their walkie talkies constantly short staffed u get 3 aides on 2nd shift bc one aide has to sit in activity room. Your wrote up over small stuff they gang up on you bc they all are a lil group of middle school girls. When don’t get there way they tattle tale. No sympathy for anyone or anything was 1 hr 5 mins late one day due to emergency with my blind 64 year old father with Deminta and ms and they wrote me up when I called in 3 hrs b4 my shift telling them I’d be late. Your sick they don’t care still make u work ur shift but a lady gets sick from her period they send her home. I’d stay away far away from here.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything.
The Corporate setting was a bit tense
Service Coordinator / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus OHMarch 4, 2019
A typical day at work was to reveiw resumes, interview candidates and refer them to various departments for futher interview and possible hire.

I had one days training on the data pase so I contacted the Software company and asked for one of their trainers to help me learn the software. I learned the new data base within a couple of weeks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people and the reward of referring them for an open postion,
Pros
Good people wot work with
Cons
Lack of training as a Recruiter
Worst company I have worked for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 2, 2019
Expected to do the work of 3 but paid for 1, Manager talks to employees as well as residents like their scum!! This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. You punch in with a number because that's all you are is a number! Christian company my butt! They manipulated your hours so you do not get overtime, I was screwed out of 20 hrs overtime as well as 9 hrs straight time. Then they come up with some malarki story as to why. DONT WORK HERE!!!!!!
Pros
Have a job
Cons
Everything!!! Pay, management... management and management
Meet some really good people working for this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 28, 2019
Great place to work with out the extra stuff. Meet a lot of interesting people from all different walks of life and it was a great experience just had bad management at the time I was employed there
Pros
Helping people who can't help themselves
Cons
Na
over all not a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, OHFebruary 14, 2019
The two property managers i worked for were great they let u do your job upper managers such as RPO are worthless.and the head of transportation in barnesville is the worst one of them all.
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 29, 2019
I was a service coordinator for a 41 bed HUD project in Ohio. Over half of the elderly residents had chronic conditions (IDDM, CHF, COPD, CA, CVA, or some form of dementia). My job was to assist the residents get the service and supports they needed to allow them to age in place.
I enjoyed working for the company and for the residents. Management was excellent and believed in the mission statement and core values. I felt that, if I had questions, either my direct supervisor and or the QA department could get, and demonstrate, the information I needed to complete the task in question. Constructive feedback was given every quarter and semiannually using impartial standards. Management was always open , and encouraged, constructive feedback.
The difficult part of the job was that due to the advanced age and pathology of the residents it was unrealistic to expect resident's health status to improve. Slowing the rapid progression of disease was the best that could be hoped for. Fatigue in the residents and one's peers was an intermittent factor that bogged down the job occasionally.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
The daily fight with Death.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Great place to work. I would highly recommend to anyone with housing experience. HUD and Tax Credit experience is a must for
on-site personnel or you will be overwhelmed!!!!!!
overall
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2019
Properties are spread out all over the Unitied States of America and it is difficult to get advanced when no one really knows you or the work you do for them.
Low Hours, Stressful Environment, Too much expectation
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Keeseville, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Work at NCR a Property Manager was stressful. I was trained in HUD housing and databases. But I was expected to do 60 hours of work and supervision within 30 hours a week. Support was minimal from management.

A typical day at work consists of collecting rent, enforcing lease policy, managing employees, and general management of a HUD apartment building. That was also coupled with a regional manager calling and being the least supportive person in the organization.

Hardest part of the job was packing in all the work into 30 hours a week. You cannot "volunteer" your time. Also, you are at $15/hour. God forbid your former landlord not get good reviews...it will be costing you dearly come evaluation.

Leave time was generous as well as holidays. Training is thorough and support after training is very good. The corporate office is great!

The culture in my Regional group was not great. Instead of being supportive; other property managers were encouraged to report back to the Regional Property Manager whenever another property manager even had a question. Baited open ended questions were asked and reported back as well. So watch your back!

Good company, Spread thin. Low pay. LOTS of Work you will be expected to do.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Low Hours, Stressful work environment, Watch your back!
Work you like a slave then throw you under the bus
STNA (Current Employee) –  First community VillageDecember 31, 2018
Worked here for a year literally always short staffed. The management never has its employees backs. Everyone is out for themselves it’s just sad. Pays decent for STNA’s and great benefits
Biggest wste of time EVER
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2018
Worst job I've ever had. Everyone getting written up for dumb stuff. Stressed out about getting in trouble every time worked. Refused to pay me my sign on bonus/referral bonus. Had to apologize to the gal I did refer there. It seems great at first, then you realize everyone is FAKE FAKE FAKE. Work here if you want to be treated like a robot and not a person. They have no time for you to even slip up in the slightest, like any normal human.
Mission was good, losing the Christian focus and more focused on profits
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2018
I worked for National Church Residences for 12 years. During that time I noticed that it became more driven towards business than caring for the residents. Staff is overworked and not supported. Property manager was burdened with actually working at least two to three positions at a time. Staff would be reluctant to take off because there would be no one to cover the time off.

Best part would be working with the residents. You do have to be a people person and like dealing with challenges. However, the culture of the company will probably burn you out prematurely.
Pros
Working with people. Job has lots of variety. Challenging.
Cons
Stress and lack of support from higher management
This is a company that provides an opportunity for employees to be in involved in addressing people's life changing challenges
Senior Housing Manager and Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 24, 2018
Work expectations are unacceptable and upper management totally driven by numerical goals with oftentimes unrealistic performance expectations. Although once life balanced and customer oriented, however oftentimes the overall mission and goals take a back seat now even though this is totally denied with many efforts to shroud this reality or shift responsibility. They are more concerned with perception of being a good company to work for than actual performance, inadequately addressing the unrequited sound of many great employees' discontent and burnout out. Many top company officials choose to ignore the challenges in regards to what those in the various positions actually have to do and work through to achieve established goals, which creates ineffective management decisions. Employees are so stretched and burn out is inevitable, with no real ear to this from the company. Measurable goals are important, however when they create an atmosphere where employees in all arenas get more concerned about there individual goals and lose site of the overall team success and customers served is disheartening for those who have chosen to join this company with a sense of mission. No work/life balance; No checks and balances that put personally perceived perspectives in check with reality when it comes to performance reviews. While reviews are very un-subjective with very numerical measurable goals; environmental, market, and management challenges, even if recognized, bear little to no weight in determining the real picture of what is occurring and WHY. Oftentimes focus is directed  more... only to numerical significance, overlooking the often complex causes that must be addressed to correct the 'numerical indicators' of an existing problem. Therefore often leaving open-ended problems with no real or long term solutions being searched for or realized. Oftentimes short term ineffective fixes are pushed to correct the numbers, when known long terms fixes are available but do not achieve numerical performance goals and the supervisory or support staff reside in an atmosphere that does not promote a voice to really challenge or speak this.  less
Pros
Mission, benefits; challenging; great people to work with; people oriented; NCRU
Cons
Wages are sometimes not comparable, unrealisic expectations, employee burnout, employee goodwill taken advantage of and not respected, Training not priority
Rewarding job.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 19, 2018
I loved my job and found it very rewarding. Seniors were great. Company was starting to make some positive changes. Health benefits not the greatest. No support from QA or property management.
Treatment towards staff is unprofessional on property management level. Very demeaning towards staff.
Pay not compatible with cost of living.
Pros
Rewarding, traveling
Cons
Property manager, pay, health benefits, no support from direct supervisor
Fun place to go to work
DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Gahanna OhioNovember 9, 2018
Learning all aspects of health care.knowing that i am making a difference in some ones live. Working closely with nursing was a eye opener . having the chance to learn all safety codes . inspections by ODH .THE Elders
Pros
Working with Elders
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Church Residences. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight