National Cinemedia Employee Reviews

Primarily focused on short term profits
Network Operations Support Engineer Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 30, 2019
This is a company that's long on promise and short on delivery. While there's an admirable focus on customer service it's all lip service. They've repeatedly slashed their budget for support and proactive maintenance, fired anyone who gets in the way of directors looking to build their own empires and left it to front line personnel to explain why the customer hasn't received any visits from maintenance technicians to audit or review equipment on site. They offer the minimum benefits required by law and generally have no interest in any opinion that doesn't confirm their own. This is a company that serves its stockholders first and foremost with little consideration for employees or customers.
It was Fun
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2019
It was a good company. The team I was on was nice and very helpful.

I came on board and was supported by the management and support staff in corporate office.

My local team worker was helpful.
As the leader in cinema marketing in the U.S., NCM is first in this technology and premium video marketing opportunities.
Regional Account Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 16, 2018
I did not work in an NCM corp. office, rather remotely as an individual Account Director covering a market.
NCM provides all employees with growth opportunities, extensive and ever changing product training.
NCM demonstrates a culture of inclusion.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the collaboration directly with businesses and Advertising agencies to achieve optimum branding and marketing opportunities for our clients.
Typical day at work would encompass client service, Cold calling and meeting with clients in the field.
It was fun while it lasted.
Motion Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 7, 2018
The company was fun and exciting in the beginning. Once the company went public everything went downhill quickly.

They tried to buy their biggest competitor and that was rejected SEC and that's when they began to slash positions and make chosen employees re-apply for their current positions. Morale is at an all time low and not sure how any company can recover from a move like that.
Pros
Movie Pass
Cons
Lack of vision. Boys club.
Good Environment
Campaign Coordinator Manager - Local (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 24, 2018
The work environment is good. A lot of positive encouragement. The pay compared to cost of living is something to be desired. When asked about this at a company wide meeting, it was not answered but danced around. The company will loose a lot of good workers if they don't do something about the pay to cost of living.
Pros
Great Teammates; Positive Work Environment
Cons
Pay is way below average for all departments and doesn't compare with cost of living
Bad place to work
Pencil pusher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
Senior management lacks the ability to motivate and run the company. The BOD is running the company and not doing a good job. Moral is at all time low since new CEO come on board a few years ago.
Enjoyed working
SALES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at for NCM after working is in retail and outside sales it gave me the opportunity to process sales data on the back end. The culture was great and I was able to build both business and personal relationship with individuals with this company
Pros
free movie passes
Run don’t walk! Not a company you want to work for!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 16, 2018
Poor management restructure, horrible health benefits, the CEO needs to go! Very low pay compared to other media companies! VP’s harass you! The show is a lie, all clients unless they are National are 20 minutes prior to published show time! They lie, they are greedy!!! All the people out selling for them get paid terrible yet the Management team is making 6 figure plus!!!
Pros
Movie passes, remote
Cons
Management, compensation, favoritism, bad moral
Best of Both Worlds
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2018
Ability to work from home office yet still have full support of Corporate made for a fantastic work environment. Living within the territory your service adds credibility to the pitch!
Flexible working enviroment
Digital Account Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 31, 2018
Good work life balance and amazing digital management. I traveled 75% of the time. Its a bit of a challenge selling digital at an onscreen company but with the right attitude you can make it happen.
Pros
remote work
Cons
health benefits could be better
Poor Collaborative Culture, Executive Management Lost
SVP (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 14, 2018
The company as a whole lacks integrity and no longer has a unique product proposition. New CEO wants to change company to something it is not and is failing miserably.
Pros
Movie Passes
Cons
Executives work behind closed doors, secretive, cost-cutting is only way of surviving as a public company.
Stay away from National CineMedia
Account Director Local Sales (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 7, 2018
The job salaries they state in the interviews are a scam. The pay is way under market. I had 3 new bosses in less than a year. The product doesn’t work and the clients/staff know this. If reading this review and seriously considering a job offer look elsewhere. You’ll see a lot of movies but no money in your pocket - mark my words. The cinema advertising industry is dying fast and this company is feeling the pain. Move on to another media company. Hint: cinema advertising renewal rates are extremely low, ask your hiring manager about that!
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Pay. Management.
Stay away from National CineMedia
Regional Account Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 7, 2018
3 management changes in less than 1 year. After a year, your salary is cut in half. Tough sale on advertising before the movies when the clients ads run way early before even the previews. I had clients crying to me they wasted they’re money advertising with National CineMedia when they saw no one showing up early to the theater to see their ad. Stay away from this dying media company.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Pay is terrible. Management changes.
Great company
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES - GULF REGION (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2018
This was an excellent place to work-wonderful culture, amazing people. Everyone has an opportunity to contribute and people are respected.

And, your product is the movies! What could be better!
Pros
Freedom, great product
Cons
Recent internal changes
Collaborative work force, fast-paced, but not stressful.
Video Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time at NCM. The creative department did not offer much opportunities for advancement. The company culture has deteriorated with the changing of the CEO.
Pros
Annual Movie Pass, No drug testing, No punching time cards, Charity Half Days
Cons
Office environment is dark and dirty.
NCM was a great place to work until a few years ago
Regional Account Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2018
The great culture of this company has eroded.After a failed merger with their main competitor ,NCM had to pay out 30 mill .
This changed the way they ran the company.
Fast paced, fun entertainment company
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 27, 2017
National CineMedia and Fathom Events (at the time) was a great company to work for, we held meetings and events in movie theaters, and worked hard on trying to grow the business.
Great job! Not sure for how much longer
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2017
I love this job, but they are having money issues and cutting jobs and I'm worried my job may be next. If I were confident in the security of my position I would not be looking for another job.
Fun group of people to work with, with a casual atmosphere
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working at NCM, however, their pay structure is much lower than industry average. Advice to senior management is to promote based on experience and skill, not just seniority.
Pros
Health benefits were great, Paid 1/2 day when you donate $15/month to charity, Annual movie pass
Cons
HR always sides with managers they are not really there for the employees, The overall experience at this company depends on the department you are in, Pay is considerably lower than market
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 10, 2017
They are restructuring. I hope it doesn't affect the culture. They have a talent for hiring really kind people. It makes for an amazing place to work, low ego high productivity. I hope they don't change their culture.
Pros
Corporate get togethers, good benefits, professional growth tracks, kind people.
Cons
New direction from leadership, disorienting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Cinemedia. Our community is ready to answer.