National Cinemedia Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Pencil pusher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
Senior management lacks the ability to motivate and run the company. The BOD is running the company and not doing a good job. Moral is at all time low since new CEO come on board a few years ago.
Enjoyed working
SALES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at for NCM after working is in retail and outside sales it gave me the opportunity to process sales data on the back end. The culture was great and I was able to build both business and personal relationship with individuals with this company
Pros
free movie passes
Run don’t walk! Not a company you want to work for!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 16, 2018
Poor management restructure, horrible health benefits, the CEO needs to go! Very low pay compared to other media companies! VP’s harass you! The show is a lie, all clients unless they are National are 20 minutes prior to published show time! They lie, they are greedy!!! All the people out selling for them get paid terrible yet the Management team is making 6 figure plus!!!
Pros
Movie passes, remote
Cons
Management, compensation, favoritism, bad moral
Best of Both Worlds
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2018
Ability to work from home office yet still have full support of Corporate made for a fantastic work environment. Living within the territory your service adds credibility to the pitch!
Flexible working enviroment
Digital Account Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 31, 2018
Good work life balance and amazing digital management. I traveled 75% of the time. Its a bit of a challenge selling digital at an onscreen company but with the right attitude you can make it happen.
Pros
remote work
Cons
health benefits could be better
Stay away from National CineMedia
Regional Account Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 7, 2018
3 management changes in less than 1 year. After a year, your salary is cut in half. Tough sale on advertising before the movies when the clients ads run way early before even the previews. I had clients crying to me they wasted they’re money advertising with National CineMedia when they saw no one showing up early to the theater to see their ad. Stay away from this dying media company.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Pay is terrible. Management changes.
Great company
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES - GULF REGION (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2018
This was an excellent place to work-wonderful culture, amazing people. Everyone has an opportunity to contribute and people are respected.

And, your product is the movies! What could be better!
Pros
Freedom, great product
Cons
Recent internal changes
NCM was a great place to work until a few years ago
Regional Account Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2018
The great culture of this company has eroded.After a failed merger with their main competitor ,NCM had to pay out 30 mill .
This changed the way they ran the company.
Fast paced, fun entertainment company
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 27, 2017
National CineMedia and Fathom Events (at the time) was a great company to work for, we held meetings and events in movie theaters, and worked hard on trying to grow the business.
Great job! Not sure for how much longer
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2017
I love this job, but they are having money issues and cutting jobs and I'm worried my job may be next. If I were confident in the security of my position I would not be looking for another job.
Fun group of people to work with, with a casual atmosphere
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working at NCM, however, their pay structure is much lower than industry average. Advice to senior management is to promote based on experience and skill, not just seniority.
Pros
Health benefits were great, Paid 1/2 day when you donate $15/month to charity, Annual movie pass
Cons
HR always sides with managers they are not really there for the employees, The overall experience at this company depends on the department you are in, Pay is considerably lower than market
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 10, 2017
They are restructuring. I hope it doesn't affect the culture. They have a talent for hiring really kind people. It makes for an amazing place to work, low ego high productivity. I hope they don't change their culture.
Pros
Corporate get togethers, good benefits, professional growth tracks, kind people.
Cons
New direction from leadership, disorienting.
Okay company that lacks long-term growth
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 17, 2017
Duopoly with high margins. Okay company that lacks a knowledgeable management team. Business and industry is easy to understand so not much of a challenge.
Amazed there still around
Accounts Receivables Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 26, 2017
Company has gone through many layoffs and has been purchased a couple times. Each time more people had to pack up their desks without any explanation. Company did not care about performance or who did the majority of work.
Cons
Management, Benefits, Termoil, Technology, Location
Great Culture but minor faults with compensation
Regional Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 29, 2017
National CineMedia is a great place to work, as far as the culture and the people you work with. Majority of the management are great leaders in their work groups, but there is a minor lack of collaboration across teams.
Very bad place to work
Field Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
My direct report sent a racist email to a field employee that I supervised it was sent to HR and was not investigated. The company continued to look away from racist comments that were made towards other employees at the company. The director of HR was close friends to the manager that repeatedly acted in a negative and racist manner. Management used employees for field upgrades then would layoff the employee.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
negative environment very racist managers and HR team
great flexibilty but low compensation
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Unless you have a large territory or several strong pro-cinema agencies it is extremely challenging to make your budget and ultimately make money. HIGH churn.. very few renewals from local businesses due to lack of results.
Cons
low compensation
Field Operations Technician
Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2017
Average reimbursement, fast paced, but little chance for advancement.

Lots of traveling, interesting technology and experience in the Theater environment.
Great people and team mates in ALL 48 states we served.
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY/Ft. Myers, FLJuly 1, 2017
Great medium and fun job. Loved the people I worked with and my team mates. Very strong company and the leader in the cinema medium. I had a wonderful, and very happy career with NCM.
Pros
people
Cons
travel
Great people, management and pay lacking
Software Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2017
This is probably the greatest place I've worked, with a few exceptions. The people, hands down, are great. They're friendly, approachable and easy to work with. For the most part, they are all competent at their jobs and are all working to make great products. This is one of the few places I've worked where I looked forward to going to work every day because of the people I worked with.

On the downside, the pay is a bit lower than comparable jobs outside the company. As a software developer, each year you may get a bonus up to 15% of your base pay. However, it is taxed at the higher "bonus" tax rate, so you will actually see about half of it. This bonus is not guaranteed, so knowing if you'll even get it is a big unknown. One year we got two bonuses (one in December, another in January). But the mantra of the new CEO (Andy England) seems to be "cut costs, cut costs!", so they may be going away entirely.

The perks were nice. For example, every month we got a "charity half-day". It was a half-day off from work (you didn't actually have to do any charity work; you just paid $15 for the privilege). Each year, employees get a "movie pass" that lets them and a guest into a movie for free for the year. Movie posters for popular movies were also sometimes available.

The biggest bummer about the job is that there are some "golden geese"; people who you can't contradict or question. Management will always come down on their side no matter how short-sighted it is.

For software developers, working from home is rarely granted. It doesn't make a lot of sense; they have the entire
  more... infrastructure to support it. The developers who are in key positions or who have been there a long time can work from home whenever they want. If you're a new hire, don't even ask.

We all knew the pay was below comparable jobs outside the company. That is even with the tentative end-of-year bonus. Managers were so-so and sometimes unpredictable. Our manager would compliment us on our work and then yell at us for not working harder.

They like having fun, but with the new CEO, that may come to an end too. Each department held quarterly parties at fun places, but the new CEO ended those. They also used to decorate the office for Halloween and hold a contest for best decorations. No work got done that day. One employee ran a popular "Guess the Movie" game. While it didn't take a lot of your time, it was a fun way to pass a few minutes here and there throughout the day. They laid off the employee who ran it (it had nothing to do with the game, the CEO just wanted to lay off a bunch of people), so that's gone now too.

In summary, I enjoyed working there. It had some of the best people I've ever worked with. But failings in management, pay and especially the new CEO may ruin it.
Pros
Great people, great environment
Cons
New CEO Andy England is doing a good job of ruining it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Cinemedia. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about