National Construction Rentals Employee Reviews

Quarterly bonuses
Class A CDL Driver / P&D (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2019
Good place to work, paid every holiday plus lots of paid time off. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Plus managers work very closely with you to resolve any problems out in the field.
Excellent Management, Low Turnover
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2019
I've worked with some great managers in the past, but the regional manager and dispatcher are a big part of what makes this office great. Managers listen to you, help you out when needed, and notice when employees go above and beyond. They are also easy to connect with. Sometimes the field guys come in from work and talk to the managers at the end of the day. Fun and relaxed environment, but everyone still takes good care of customers and provides great service. Lots of loyal customers and employees. The managers rarely refuse time off requests as long as you notify in advance. If you work hard in the field, you can make some great money here.
Pros
Compensation and little bonuses, management, job security
Cons
Medical coverage, outdated office space
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2019
Its unfortunate how they are running these offices on the west coast. They are slaving employees while management sits in the office all day and does what exactly... Order pizza and push employees around?

Management is straight up ruthless with demanding employees to sell more, do more (its all about making the company more money).

I have witnessed employees with exemplary skills be terminated after 10 years of employment. Hard working moms be let go because of poor management. Clearly theres no job security with this company.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Stressful job
Great opportunity with hard work.
Satellite Foreman (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAMay 9, 2019
National really valued hard work above all else, performance truly drove everything right down to your daily earnings. All in all it was a wonderful opportunity that I would take again!.
Challenging but rewarding work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2019
I started in the office as a customer service rep and ended as a office administrator. I was steadily promoted as the years went by and my experience grew. Personal Accountability was stressed, but help was always available.
Pros
Great Team Environment
Cons
Managers burn out frequently
Safety
Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 19, 2019
Management sucks they don’t care about employees. Dispatchers don’t know what they are doing. .... safety issues trucks not maintained. Yard is a disaster
Great company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2019
Always willing to working with you! Great people! As with any job you get what you put into it. Family atmosphere. Awesome bonus and incentives for there employees
Pros
Great benefits, people
Cons
N/a
It's ok for short term not a career.
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2019
My time at National was ok for a job,but if your looking to grow with a company I would not recommend.They do guarantee you to work 40 hours a week so that's good.The management and dispatch were ok.My co worker's were cool EXPECT ALL THE FENCE FOREMANS AND I MEAN ALL OF THEM! They were a bunch of A HOLES,PRICKS, who act like they are Gods they are backstabbers friendly to your face,then talking about you to management when you are not there.
Pros
guaranteed 40 hour work week.
Cons
expensive health benefits
Ok place to work at but no future here.
Sanitation Pumper Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Started off good but then started getting less hours not willing to give overtime all ways messing with the routes. You start to get stressed out when the dispatcher sends you a stop that was in your area hours ago and makes you go back makes you waste time to get late to other job sites where they close early.
Pros
Every 3 months $250 gift card if no accidents.
Great
HR File Clerk (Temporary (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Very quiet, but busy. Filed many files of all kinds of confidential paperwork. Management was nice and also flexible with hours. I enjoyed working in a calm environment.
Pros
quiet
Productive and fun work place. Lots of co worker bonding
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 19, 2019
It was a great place to work I really did enjoy it and learned a lot. The co workers and work environment was great. It was a small office so it was very personable
Pros
Free lunch work parties
Cons
Lunch break was to short
Very Labor Intensive but fun.
Quality Control/Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2018
I worked along side management in QC. I was responsible for making sure all jobs got done correctly. I was also responsible for loading and unloading the trucks for next days schedule of work.
Zero latitude in decision making
Regional Manager- Northern California (Former Employee) –  May, CAOctober 26, 2018
Management needs to step back and not micro manage. You are asked your opinion and then the decision is made for you. Office culture is borderline hostile working environment.
The Southern region is horrible....the manager and dispatcher in Atlanta are very unprofessional!
Fence Installer (Current Employee) –  TNSeptember 9, 2018
Not a great company too work for...the office makes your job harder....very short notice on travel, not a great work life balance..very demanding work and raggedy trucks.... sometimes the money is good but it don't out weigh the bad times and the slow winter.
Pros
Free money to eat when overnighting out of town
Cons
No work life balance....the people in offiy
Work is work
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 2, 2018
Work is slow. It’s piecework there. The dispatchers are really unfair with employees and customers. Bad communication in the office. Company charges customers too much.
fast paded
Fence helper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
awesome place to work and it had all the hours you could ask for.
the jobs were exciting and i got to see a lot of cool places. the perks were awesome
Pros
good pay
Cons
weather
Great opportunity to grow
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2018
Enjoyed working with the variety of employees; handled customer problems and inquiries; set up routes and dispatched workers to job sites; worked with employees on recycle program
Pros
Working with the variety of employees
Cons
Customer complaints
Wore many hats
Purchasing Manager / Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMay 8, 2018
My typical day was solving equipment breakdowns and assigning mechanics to repair them. It involved preventative maintenance, meaning having proper parts inventory for the equipment. It also involved supplying other branches with parts and equipment, including distribution of materials, setting up LTL deliveries via truck or air. I was responsible for the preparation of new vehicles, company lettering, tools, title and registration. My job was not limited to the fleet as I also purchased office, truck and construction materials for local, corporate and national branches. Other hats I would wear was the involvement of training and US DOT and California BIT vehicle service programs and making sure we conformed to government laws.
Pros
Learning something new
Cons
Management held you back
productive and face paced to work
Foreman of two-four man crews (Current Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 3, 2018
load and unload truck
install material and remove wanted material upon customer request
learned more about customer service and fence material
management has good communication and organization
workplace is fun ans fast paced
traffic and wait time is the hardest part
enjoyable part of work is the atmosphere and friends at work
Pros
wages
Cons
traffic
great place
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2018
very flexible great place to work at. the people are amazing.just wasnt enough growth for me personally. i always wanna learn and do more and felt it wasnt up to my full potential
Pros
flexible
Cons
no growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Construction Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight