National Corporate Housing Employee Reviews

Mediocre company in a highly saturated industry
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2018
If you like innovation and an exciting workplace, NCH is not the place for you. Mediocre operation, reputation and track record of poor leadership. The president along with vp of sales attempted to implement an IBM style consultative sales strategy which was inappropriate for this type of sales role and it backfired and led to mass exodus. CEO is a fine person but has made some shaky hires in the past to lead ops and sales. They have a million job openings because of the high turnover rate. Proceed with caution.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Stale business model, uninspiring leadership, non-stop turnover
Nothing to say
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 7, 2018
I don't have much to say about this company. I left because there was not much room for advancement. Overworked and too much favoritism. I'm sure the company has changed hopefully for the better.
Flexible schedule
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2018
I worked in the Indiana office as an intern. I was able to learn so much during my internship! The entire team works really hard. I have had 2 other internships before this one and hands down, National was my favorite!
Pros
Flex schedule, team environment, and hands on experience
A lot of work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2018
This company expects a lot from their employees. Asked to work after hours and on weekends. It is hard because everyone works remotely so you don't have a lot of team members.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No breaks, health care
Negative workplace and unsupportive culture
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Company culture is negative and unsupportive. Management is very divided and unavailable to provide leadership. Communication is very poor and morale is extremely low. The product is overpriced and difficult to promote to customers. Customer complaints are discouraged and go unanswered.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Workplace conditions
Poor management
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 25, 2018
Company has little interest in providing a quality service to its customers. Focus is almost exclusively on new sales. A typical day at work involves answering 100+ emails with insufficient time to respond and getting stressed from management regarding closing percentages.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Low wages, poor benefits, high pressure tactics
no review
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver COMarch 11, 2018
must be able to multitask and deal with many projects at the same time. All responses are time sensitive. Keeping staff is a huge challenge for this company.
Regret working here
General Manager (Former Employee) –  West CoastFebruary 22, 2018
There was no room for advancement. The company was not healthy financially- many vendors were not paid timely, upper mgmt. wanted GM's and RVP's to "negotiate" out of paying full price after the work was already completed. It was hard for the company to be credit approved, this made the job very stressful and more difficult than it should be. Bill collectors calling all the time. Even after I left the company! They were calling my cell phone, frustrated because they weren't being responded to. Upper Mgmt took forever to make decisions and did not empower their managers to move forward without their approval. Very cliquish, no training programs.Bonuses not paid timely.
Pros
they did offer a 401k
Cons
long hours, not a lot of support, credit problems, bills not getting paid
Great culture and lots of opportunity for growth
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Anywhere, USAFebruary 5, 2018
National Corporate Housing is a fun and enjoyable place to work. National hires good people and is experiencing growth with opportunities for the growth to continue to accelerate due to Management investing in the company. It is a great time to join a company like National. There are 28 offices nationwide and for sales positions people are usually working from home offices, which adds more flexibility to where you can work from and still be a part of National.
Pros
fun culture, growing, opportunities
Cons
health benefits can be better
National Corporate Housing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo CAJanuary 26, 2018
Working for National Corporate Housing was a dream come true. The only bad thing was the commute. It was a times a 2 hour commute each way on the 405.
Worst Place to Work!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2017
If you like to work in an understaffed, stressful environment, while being micro-managed and threatened every day, this is the place for you. The new Regional Managers don't have a leadership bone in their body and manage through fear and intimidation.
The company does not pay their vendors on time and are running on borrowed time.
Pros
Free lunch every week
Cons
Everything else!
casual place to work
WAREHOUSE CLERK/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 22, 2017
loved my job, worked with 2 other people in the warehouse. unfortunately our company was sold to NCH and went downhill. eventually our site was closed.
Once was a great company but losing its way
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 31, 2017
I always had a very genuine love for National. Over the years the more Oakwood Corporate Housing Employees that were hired began to change the culture of the company. The "job" is great and rewarding in its own way, but the management is what needs a revamp. You have several people in upper management (hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles away) explaining to the local office what is best locally, and unfortunately everything will not work everywhere. The local management many times are people that are not familiar with local trends and hot locations because they are hired from different states. This ultimately results in high management turnover due to under performing. Unfortunately, it isn't the new managements fault they were put into a new location without the tools to be successful. This company would prefer to higher from outside the company rather than promote within with people who understand the phenomenal culture the company once had. I learned a ton from this company and am fortunate enough to have known National before the mergers, huge upper management, and when you were family and not "a worker". Even with all this my departure was bitter sweet because I remembered what it use to be, but it was time to spread my wings to something different.
Pros
Yearly Customer Service and Account Managemet meetings out of town and Weekly Lunch
Cons
Not Appreciated, Management Turn Over, Disconnected Upper Managment, Viewed by your appearance vs. your contribution, HR Relies on Regional Managers (out of state) vs speaking with local employees
National Account Coordinator
National Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
I help corporate transferees find housing with our real estate agents we partner with. I will also help with rental finding assistance for customers that are not approved for rental tour. I enjoy my job and the management.
Bored!
Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
-Be ready to be bored out of your mind
-Under appreciated
-No responsibility
-Not a contributor to the companies mission
- Glorified call center position
Pros
Location from home
Cons
Manager, Simplicity of job, Technology, Environment, Salary
good company to workfor
Corporate Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL 33028January 20, 2017
they are a family oriented company. good pay and incentives are offered. OK medical benefits. its a pretty good company to work for when you have the right management team to support you.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
management
Inconsistent Executive Leadership
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 11, 2016
As a large corporate housing company they seem to act small and not up to date with technology and working applications to handle a intense amount of Accounting transactions. This causes many issues with our partners/vendors and the Credit rating suffers.

The Executive Leadership doesn't want to listen to ideas from the field. They act on their own with very few requests for suggestions. If they have a dip in their profits the first thing to go is their associates. They don't walk the talk with their Mission statement.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Lack of respect, job stability - you wonder if they will eliminate jobs.
Demanding job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Walked corporate apartments to ensure they were ready for move in. Made up guest bags. Entered information into database. Drove to different locations.
Pros
Not many
Cons
No training. People clickish
Great Company
Market Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2016
A typical work day was very busy, many new opportunities for property development. Opportunity to grow a portfolio with support of local property management organizations. Building relationships, and investing in one another's business.

I learned so much with National and appreciate the opportunities I was able to be a part of.

Wish them all the best!
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 5, 2016
Good people and good culture. Enjoyed working for National Corporate Housing. I was able to get involved with some different organization and different responsibilities that kept the job fun and interesting.
Pros
people, interaction with clients and vendors
Cons
have to take lunch