National Debt Relief Employee Reviews

It's not the picture they paint when you are being interviewed
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2019
Working here is extremely stressful and you are not really supported by management. he clients are horrible and you end up dreading coming to work on a daily basis. It's just a job, don't expect to make it a career.
Pros
There aren't any unless you count your paycheck, but they don't pay you enough to deal with what you have to deal with on a daily basis
Cons
Ineffective Management Team, No real company culture, revolving door in terms of new hires.
Place to Make a lot of money
Certified Debt Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2019
I would come in for the day & start calling all of the leads that were placed in my name. I would attempt to call all of my leads at least 3 to 4 times per day.
If you want job security, this is not the place and stay away
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2019
They hire and fire in droves !! I have seen some of their most loyal employees get fired for the most trivial of things. Constant stress, you are only as good as your previous 2 weeks because if you fall behind the curb, within 2 weeks you are on pretty much on your first write up. The next 2 weeks, your 2nd, and then a final or sometimes you don't even make it to that. Very"Cliquey", as they play favorites. Constantly contradicting their policies from day to day as I have heard on many many occasions customers being lied to and nothing being done about it, unless you aren't in the Clique. Some managers are okay and they will help with your development and training but others are treacherous snakes.The constant stress and fear of losing your job, toxicity coupled with the snakes in the grass, I give this place a 2 out of 10. Employees often quit as well to find something more secure. If you really want to take care of your customers, then make sure your employees are happy as well. Loyalty goes both ways !!
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2019
Poor supervisors. Over staffed and not enough quality work to give. Will be pressured to work without much work to be done. Poor training. Be careful, as the supervisors are nitpicking and looking to gather up reasons to fire someone. Be careful of who you call your friends... If you don't fit into the "super upbeat" and "happy" image, that's a strike. Beware.
Pros
Free meals somedays, good location
Cons
Be on guard, make no mistakes
Great place to work, a lot of room for growth.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
I have nothing but great things to say about my time at NDR. In my first six months, I experienced struggles with the learning curve, but I had a great team and management behind in me who encouraged me to push myself and grow. An exciting aspect of this company is the tremendous growth taking place. In my short time here, I was able to develop the skills necessary to move up and become a team lead. I've worked many jobs on the phone, but NDR definitely stands above them all when it comes to culture and showing appreciation for its employees. There are attainable bonuses, amazing benefits and lunches provided by the company. Overall, I’ve had a great experience working at NDR.
Good Sales Job- Solid Product
Certified Debt Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2019
My 3 years at NDR were great. It's a solid sales job with uncapped commission and if you're a good rep you should make at least $70k in your first year and the great one's easily clear 6 figures. There can be quite a bit of stress with trying to reach quota and your monthly minimums, especially in the slow months. Good benefits package and you can work your way up. The company has hit a bit of an apex in the last year but it's definitely a career opportunity if you can make the quotas. If you can survive the first 60 days you should be fine.
Pros
Great Commission, Benefits Package, Promote from Within
Cons
Night Shifts, Sales Driven, Quick to Terminate
Less than mediocre at best
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2019
Basically a step up from telemarketing, you're sitting on the phone for your entire day basically. I would whatever offer letter they send you very closely as I was offered a "salary" and it turned out to be an hourly pay rate for much much lower than what was initially offered.
Poor manage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 19, 2019
Very stressful and no support from upper management. They never want to help when you get difficult clients. They sit around and chat all day and if you ask for help they give you attitude.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Manage
Not a place where each employee has the same opportunity to grow.
Certified Debt Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Management shows favoritism and selects certain individuals that conform to their individual likes rather than the most qualified. Promotions are not based on qualifications but rather whom they feel they can control and manipulate. Not an open environment to question managers and not an environment free from racial prejudice and discrimination.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2019
The group of people that you work with everyday are amazing.

You look forward to coming in and working hard on performing to the best of you ability.

Lots of room for growth.
Pros
Internal promotion and Health Benefits
Cons
Limited PTO Days
Don't even bother
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
Your first week or two may seem to be going well, but just wait for week three to roll around. The company atmosphere here is nothing short of a boys club. All the managers/supervisors in every department are buddies and will be too busy talking about who did who over the weekend and what new protein powder they picked up during their lunch break. Heaven forbid you have an issue that you need to discuss with HR; the HR department is too busy buying useless items for their office on the CEO's amex instead of helping anyone. If you're familiar with the show the office, the HR department is the party planning committee aka a group of shallow individuals wasting time doing nothing. If you are considering applying here, please pay no attention to the reviews here titled "great place to work" the supervisors from every department were given orders to write "great" reviews about the company on all social/job platforms to suppress the honest and legitimate views of disgust by current/former employees of this place.
Pros
They give you a dollar store pen to keep when you get hired
Great Employees, Competitive Environment, Internal Promotions
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
There is so much opportunity for growth in this company given that it continues to get bigger every year. The work atmosphere amongst negotiators/employees make you appreciate and want to come to work every day. With every job there is competition and NDR rewards those that put in the extra work to be the best at their job. Overall, I am grateful for all the opportunities that I have been given. Whether or not one chooses to stay at this job, they will definitely obtain new skills that may help them wherever they go.
Pros
Work events, Volunteer Time Off Days, Accommodating to one's schedule
Cons
Transparency between levels of management can be improved
Productive work in a Comfortable Environment
Negotiations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
This is a great entry level position full of opportunities for professional growth. The environment is competitive but very supportive - you will be placed on a team that has a vested interest in your personal success. The job itself involves strategy and critical thinking; your goal is to resolve debt for those in need of assistance so there is satisfaction in a job well done. A background in finance is not necessary, but it helps to be organized and comfortable with numbers.
Pros
Positive work culture, good management
Cons
Repetitive nature of the work
Great Culture... Good Pay
Negotiation Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
This company demands hard work from their employees, but they are compensated well from it. No other entry level job will pay you as well as NDR.

One of the best things about this company is the culture. The people here will make you look forward to coming into work everyday. However, this job is extremely competitive, you are competing for bonuses with your co-workers.

Having that said, hard work does pay off. This company only promotes from within so there is a ton of opportunity for growth.
Pros
Good Environment, Great people, Good Pay
Cons
Fast Paced, Stressful, Extremely Competitive
A challenging work environment with numerous opportunities.
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
This position allows you to work independently while still being part of a team. As a negotiator, you strengthen your negotiation and communication skills while at the same time sharpening your analytical thinking and the ability to identify the optimal route in your work; if you're good at solving puzzles and can think on your feet, this is the job for you.

PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, 40-hours a week, and monthly bonuses. Total compensation for this position is competitive.

Best parts of the job:
1) You're literally helping people get out of debt.
2) Work-life balance, work stays at work.
Competitive, productive, casual work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
You get out of it what you put into it. If you work hard, you will reap the benefits. The company is continuing to grow and the majority of promotions are done internally, so there is a lot of room to advance. The culture is very light, friendly and there's always someone there to help you when needed. Overall, I'm thankful for my job and all of the opportunities NDR has given me.
Negotiations Team Lead
Negotiations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
For an entry-level position, NDR is definitely a great place to kick start your career. The company is growing rapidly, and you can expect a dynamic work environment. If you are driven and thrive in a competitive atmosphere, you will likely be successful here. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and personal development.
Pros
company culture, work/life balance
Cons
repetitive nature of the job
Competitive and its a fun place to work
Negotiation Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Hard work pays off, just like any other company. All the tools are given to you to succeed, its up to you on how you use it. It can get competitive, if your not afraid of a little competition you will do great. Computer skill is a big plus to help you do well.
Pros
The base and commission. They provide tuition reimbursement for class that can help you grow.
Cons
I wish we would get more hoildays off beside New Years, Christmas, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial day and Thanksgiving
A great place to work
negotiations team lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
A typical day at work involves being on the phones throughout the day and being on top of your emails while effectively interacting with your co-workers. I've learned that communicating with others while maintaining a positive outlook on life can directly translate to one's personal growth and overall team success.
The managers that I've worked with in the negotiations department have been very helpful and easy to work with. They're experienced and they remain very involved with day-to-day life in the office, which is a testament to the company's room for growth since all managers were internally promoted after proving themselves first as successful account specialists and team leads.
The workplace culture is energetic, positive, and competitive. At the end of the day, everyone supports one another. The most difficult part about the job is the workload, but understanding how to manage the workload comes with experience. The most enjoyable part about the job is meeting all the genuine, hard-working people that you encounter on a daily basis while striving to help make a difference for each client.
Pros
free bagels on the last Friday of each month
Cons
can be a lot of work at times
Great growing company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
The company is still growing so lots of opportunities. I love learning and be given a task to prove I'm capable of completing it within a deadline. I love the culture and opportunities that have been given to me.
Pros
Year end party, no need to work overtime
Cons
Limited PTO days, limited work from home opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Debt Relief. Our community is ready to answer.