National Dentex Employee Reviews

Lots of room for advancement
Dental Technician (Current Employee) –  Falcon Heights, MNJanuary 6, 2019
There is a lot of opportunity to learn new things and advance. You must be flexible with your hours and willing to work overtime if needed when it gets busy.
A company that does not care about employees
Tech III (Former Employee) –  Falcon Heights, MNJanuary 2, 2019
When I was working for TCL, I was one of the best workers there. I busted my butt off to meet deadlines and the quotas. I worked a lot of overtime-coming in on Saturday and even Sundays at times (Working overtime is not required but they make it). I also would work overnights just to get the productions to the next department. And, I worked at TCL for 4 years doing all of that. I’d get very stress out from the ridiculous hours that I work just to show that I cared. I took those abused because I wanted to advancement my career by showing how hard a worker I am. However, career advancement was not in my future nor any technicians.

I was promise promotions after promotions after promotions that never materializes. A few examples: I was promised to become the lead, but that never came true. I was also told that I’d transfer into a designer, that also never came true. During my last year, I was told that I would get a “good” promotion. But at that point, I’ve enough with the company that I did not care and already planned my exit. Nonetheless, I always ponder why I was passed over so many times, and I was never given good reasoning for getting passed over. With this company, they do not care about employee’s loyalty. Hack, during my 4 years tenure, I only missed 8 days of work! So, if an employee who such as myself, who busted his butt off and was loyal to the company, could not get any promotions, why could they care about any new hires?

Compensation is a joke. The pay is not worth the work that myself and all the technicians do at TCL. For example: the company expected
  more... a certain amount of sales per quarter, but they do not have the man power to do execute it. So, what they do is that they worked the employees that they have to the pointed of exhaustion. They try to remedy that issue with a little thing that call ”monthly breakfast bits”. However, most employees do not care about that lousy attempt to compensate for over working their employees. Moreover, the reason that they have little employees is that their turnover rate is very high. I remember new hires coming and quitting the next day because of certain people in management.

Yes, most managers are awful (although there are good ones). Most manages only cares about making their quotas in sales because they’d get great bonuses. As for the regular employees, we did get bonuses, but it’s so little and only occurs when they company meets its sales. They do not care about the employees, only their paychecks and bonuses. I feel so dumb to waste 4 years of my life with this company!

So, if you think that you want to work for TCL, think again!
Cons
Be prepared to be unhappy'.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 4, 2018
Horrible place to work, fake management that allows harassment and punishes the person who brings it up. No happy people. By far the lowest pay in the industry. Screaming matches are the norm and management looks the other way. They blame everything on corporate no matter how small. Every employee rolls there eyes at this. The President of the company never pays attention to removeables, and lets nepotism cloud his judgement.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Fast Paced, Corporate Life
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 15, 2018
Though the labs are small, they are expected to adhere to corporate guidelines. It's often busy, there are many errors between departments, and some people burn out. Also, working part time does not offer much for benefits.
However, the lab I work for is a good community, and I like to stay busy. I would recommend working here, but maybe not forever at the local level.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, supportive management, encouragement to be yourself
Cons
Demanding corporate, busy, sometimes highly stressful
not enough employees to do the job required
Denture Technician (Current Employee) –  Falcon Heights, MNAugust 19, 2018
They are having a hard time finding workers that have experience. Because of that they have way to many people who don't have a clue how to do the job. Workers are struggling to do what is being asked of them to do. They want you to produce 2.5 units an hour. But there is only quality control at the very end of the process and not from the beginning of the process. Leaving all mistakes for the last technician to fix. Causing it to lower numbers of production. Causing the last technician to have lower numbers of productions. I rate this company as a toxic work place.
Pros
steady work
Cons
way to much stress on production numbers
Casual quiet place to work.
Contract Application Database/Reporting Developer (Former Employee) –  Falcon Heights, MNAugust 12, 2018
There seems to be a good life/balance. I did not encounter any situations not conducive to getting work done. I was able to find the resources needed to get my work done
Love it
Dental Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 27, 2018
I joined National Dentex and it has been the best job I've had! All of our managers communicate to one another on things that need to be worked on. Help and training is offered almost all the time. After a year of working there you're able to transfer into another department to learn more, which I personally think is awesome! My coworkers are a blast but work hard when needed. Your work load is determined on how many shipments come in, so some days you'll get out early while other days you might get overtime (at my location at least). It's definitely a relaxed environment if you do what is asked of you to the best of your abilities.Highly suggest working here for sure!
Pros
Everything to be honest
Cons
Overtime (if you can't do overtime)
15 years wasted
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Heber Springs, ARMay 30, 2018
Horrible company with horrible leadership. High school mentality is the rule for management at this company. Causes unbearable stress to the excellent technicians that give their all for the doctors and patients they serve. Promotions are based on relationships and not skills or work ethics. Hopefully corporate leaders will identify their management issues and put true leaders in the positions they earn.
Pros
Decent pay with some benifits.
Cons
To numerous to list
O.K. Place to work. But not a permanent one
Supply Chain Coordinator / Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 5, 2018
Day to day work is fairly easy. Dealing with management the hardest part. Laid back atmosphere most of the time with periods of sheer panic sprinkled in between
I hope you're into ennui
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 20, 2018
I've been here for multiple years. What I like about it is being able to work seated and listen to a personal device. I also like the actual work. What I dislike is the company and the dynamic. The pay is poor and it's very difficult to get more than the barest minimum raise. It doesn't feel like a company that cares about its employees.
Very stressful place to work and poor management
Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Managers at stern empire which is NDX lab are very unprofessional and don't have any managing skills they just care about their bonus and salary and always blame others for their mistakes and don't want anyone to get improved especially if his or her improvement with threaten their position
President of the lab is favoriting people over others
Some of the managers are favoriting their family members who also work their and take advantage of that by performing poor job and get away with it .
Always change work methods not to improve but to just feel in control .
Pros
Only reasonable benefits
Cons
Short breaks and retaliation and unfriendly work environment
Productive And Fun Work Place
Accounts Payables Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Very busy friendly work environment the hardest part of the job was month end of payables. Management unfair, to the employees .Benefits medical, dental are great some of the perks
Overall a good place to work.
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 8, 2017
National Dentex is a good place to work. They are up to date on trends and projections within the industry. They are growing within the industry by offering good products and service throughout the United States.
Excellent Management and Peers
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 7, 2017
This will probably be the best IT work environment I will be a part of. Everyone here is super nice, and are all about getting people advanced in their field.
Pros
Amazing Management, Great Growth Opportunity
Cons
IT HQ is in Minnesota
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 15, 2017
Its a mix culture environment. The hardiest part of the job is getting our labs to process PO's. The most enjoyable part at the office is the coworkers.
Pros
lunches and flexability
Cons
short breaks
Provided on the job training
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Falcon Heights, MNJune 6, 2017
I started at NDX not having any previous dental experience. I was provided training and a mentor until I had enough knowledge to work on my own. I had never realized how much work went into making one product.
Very interesting work
Dental Technician (Current Employee) –  Heber Springs, ARMay 31, 2017
Very good place to work for! Great people, great jobs, wonderful establishment! I have worked here for 3 years and they have treated me so well! Highly recommended job!
Good company to start some history but....
Shipping/ Packer/Scheduler/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
Good company to start some history but you will never exceed beyond your entry position. If you start in shipping, you will always stay at that level no matter how good you are. Also they drag to give a raise, you practically have to fight for it.
Good workplace with nice co-workers.
E-Model (Current Employee) –  Falcon Heights, MNJanuary 22, 2017
National Dentex is a place where I can go and have a enjoyable work day. Most of the work is done independently but the company still does a good job of connecting their employees with one another.
Pros
free lunch once a month, benefits, good breaks, people
Cons
no overtime this year
Unforgettable Experience
Marketing Fulfillment/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 16, 2016
From day one, turmoil from my main manager filled my days. I tolerated the experience, hoping it would get better. It only slightly changed once there were only 2 of us in the department. Little did I know that the company would be turned on it's head and given a good shake. The entire marketing department was being relocated to corporate, however, my boss was not let go and she lived farther from corporate than I.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Dentex. Our community is ready to answer.