National Employment Services Employee Reviews

nice office
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 1, 2018
Steady productive work for most of the sites I was assigned to there was a per-diem on some which came in handy and when work was available it was great
Pros
steady work sites
Cons
not always having afterwork transportation
training review
Drill Fabricator/Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
training was good, they walked me through the process until I was comfortable with my job and I had a instruction guide for my work area in case I had questions.
Federal Agency - Department of Veterans Affairs
Recruitment Program Manger (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2018
Federal Agency, Veteran Employment is an office which sits in the Department of Veterans Affairs. The office was losing funding when I left. I do not know if the office still exists or not.
Pros
Federal Employment
Great temporary staffing agency for getting great permanent jobs
Cable Turner Temporary employee (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 1, 2018
Very fast paced and busy
Manufacturing industry pro's and cons
Very professional management on top of employees
Professional
Evals
The employment letter
Pros
Weekly payday, great money, overtime
Cons
Lazy employees
Working at National Employment
Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Fast paced, full on cycle recruiting. Handle phone calls, process paper applications,source and recruit candidates, interview candidates. Process all paperwork, complete I9, process testing for certain companies.
Pros
Base plus commission
Cons
Compensation and was never hired on with the company
Great Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
Although National Employment is no longer in existence, it was a great place to work. I looked forward to showing up everyday and learning something new or meeting a new student. It was rewarding to help them achieve their goals.
Pros
Nice Work Environment
Cons
Bad Management but can work from home
Customer Service Representative (Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 8, 2017
This company is run by 6 managers and 1 supervising manager. But they are all RELATED! This is not a family owned company but the Manager Supervisor hired her family members as the management positions opened so no chance to advance. However, with bad weather or sick children they are VERY accommodating and allow you to work from home so that you do not lose out on any hours. Pay is well below standard for this filed though.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
bad dmanagement, not good money
High pace fun environment
Hewlett-Packard Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 28, 2017
This was a contract with HP in a production environment where equipment is received from the assembly line and modifications were made according to client specifications.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benefits
Great staff, good company, enjoyable
Payroll Specialist/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 29, 2017
Very busy, payroll for 1,200 employees, office manager, recruiter, receptionist, handled it all. Multi tasking, interruptions constantly, worked on getting new clients, dealt with all the clients we had, handled any discrepancies. This was my first payroll job and it was a bit overwhelming at first but I learned so much as it was all new to me. I loved the challenge. I did not get much training on anything so I had to self teach myself with new software systems and how to do payroll and enter employees hours manually. I was the manager so I don't think I can give much of an opinion except I worked hard and did my best. Upper management (my boss) left me in charge of everything and I just kept him updated. He was a good caring manager. I was the only female in the office, so it was hard at times but we were a family and a close group. I am glad for the opportunity I had at this company. I learned a lot, met so many nice people, and enjoyed being part of a company that worked hard to grow.
Pros
cook outs, great people, growing company
Cons
very stressful but manageable and exciting
fast paced environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 20, 2016
I enjoyed the fast paced function of the job. I got to learn how to assemble the products that was to be shipped out for the customers. I enjoyed the hours and people I worked for.
great people to work for
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 7, 2016
great assignments but again never options for permanent position. did not offer benefits, which is what i am looking for. Now looking for perm direct hire to get benefits that I need
free dinners
Assembler/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2016
get parts and start building. how computers are built. average. enjoyed co workers. standing 8 hrs . breaks and free dinners
Pros
free dinners
Cons
standing 8 hrs
Excellent Supervisor who keeps up with his clients
Picker, packer, shipping receiving, Prestager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 19, 2015
I have learned from working for this place that they take pride in their efforts to employ their employees.
A typical day at work was fast paced and exciting.
I learned a few different trades working for this company, what i'm looking for is finding my nitch, what my passion is out there in the career force. I'm willing to take anything in the right financial bracket.
I'm negotiable about pay.
The management was very helpful for me as an employer.
I didn't find anything hard about the job actually.
The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with others and having great work ethics to get the job done.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally definitely, pay rate was good too
Cons
Not finding my nitch for a career, but yet we have to work don't we. :)
Fun and a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 20, 2015
My experience as an employee of Onbrand24 and National Employment was great. I really enjoyed the job and the people. The hours were tough but the company made it a great place to work. Onbrand24 gave incentive bonuses and that shows how much the company cares for it's employees.
good company
Test Technician for Hewlett Packard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2015
I don't know about their benefits so I can't comment on those. As a temp. no job is secure. They did find me a position quickly at HP. They are kind and highly professional no matter your skills or how you look they are always kind and helpful
Pros
kind and helpful
they gave me my career
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2015
dedicated staff and management
they trained me, taught me everything I know about staffing and recruiting.
the hardest part of the job was the non stop hours- I was always on call and always hustling!
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and find them jobs, make money and the friends I made while working there.
Pros
excellent leadership, great money
Cons
long hours, no home balance
productive
Manufacturing Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston txFebruary 17, 2015
the company is very great, treat their employee great.. a typical day would be any normal day, they make sure their employee are well taking care of in a well manner way. accept all culture into the company. The job is located here in Houston TX.
Nice People to work for.
Mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Durham NHFebruary 15, 2015
Clean place to work for. Caring people nice place to do team work in the work was at Goss International in Durham NH. Worked 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM most days, some weeks there was a lot of over time. I have worked 60 hours some weeks
Pros
working hours
Cons
short employment
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Nice environment and excellent team work ..... I recommend you to work with them ...
relaxed work environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  beverly massDecember 10, 2014
go to office log into system take orders and place calls promptly