National Endowment for Democracy Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Wonderful job, poor management, low salary and slow advancement
Assistant Program Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2016
NED has a great mission and supports groups that are inspiring. However, leadership has been at the institution for decades and is quite stagnant and removed from the plebeians, as it were. Tons of turnover at lower levels. Not much room for development and the pay scale is low, which management says is ok because of healthcare benefits, etc., but don't expect recognition for your work in monetary form. Instead, expect post-it "shout outs" in the kitchen. The institution is struggling to coordinate its many different parts and could use some reform. Some directors are also very hard to work with and there is no mechanism for getting around this.
Pros
vacation time, healthcare
Cons
salary, lack of development, management
national endowment for democracy
office services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2015
One of the best places I have had the privilege to work. The organization has events for the staff and it is small enough to where you can know most of the people there by name.
Good Company to work for but low pay
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2013
Good company, quasi government hence good benefits, but pay low. Great co-workers, management slow to learn new technology and hinder advancement. Best place to work if you want to work in one place and stay there until retirement.
Pros
Good workpalce, good co-workers, work-life balance
Cons
low pay
I really loved working for the National Endowment for Democracy
Receptionist /Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2012
I worked for the National Endowment for democracy for 10 years and I really enjoyed working for the company. They treated me with the utmost respect and looked out for my best interest. It was truly a wonderful company to work for.