NATIONAL EXPRESS TRANSIT Employee Reviews

Working with stress
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAJuly 10, 2018
Very stressful to work there. and working under pressure of dispatch. Anything, you can be on trouble. In some cases the Union policy is not guaranty to protected you from getting fired.
This company has no morals
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 10, 2018
They hired a general manager only to please the client. The manager they hired had no general manager experience and did not work well with the employees. He was considered a bully.
Bad employers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJune 18, 2018
Hostile environment , bad management , favoritism and nepotism runs rapid in this company and if your not a part of that you have very unfavorable odds in survival. The job itself can be awarding.
Go where you are supported and valued
General Manager (Former Employee) –  NationwideJune 13, 2018
Low pay and morale, empty promises, no support from corporate leadership, and safety does not come first. The only concern is their bottom line. Nothing has changed since Chattanooga.
Overall my experience was good
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 6, 2018
I was contracted as an HR Assistant. I oversaw and entire office by myself. Office hours where long. But I worked solo on with no supervision. Lacked communication and supplies.
Pros
Contracted Pay - was good
Cons
Unorganized
Long hours. Empty promises
Behind the wheel Trainer (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJune 3, 2018
National Express has made many promises to me as an employee for over a year. I have dedicated my life and time and countless hours to the job. We as employees were promised yearly raises and have none and the benefits suck. The only people that eat with national express are the managers. Everyone on the bottom good luck! Come here to pay your bills, not for a career in my opinion.
Pros
You can pay your bills
Cons
No job security
Work place
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 26, 2018
I quit my job to come here to make more money and get more hours. turns out that was a lie, they said well if you don't have it in writing then theres no guarantee. well if I would've known that then I would have told somebody to give it to me in writing . also I was told I would be coming in as full time and that was another lie. getting only 30 hours a week.
Pros
good group of people good working enviorment
Cons
lies
Stable work environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 1, 2018
Professional customer service at all times, regardless of bad situations, and stressful trips on a day to day basis.
You Come in clock in, drive, clock out, go home.
Pros
Job Security, and routine
Cons
Not enough bathroom breaks.
Good job for attending college
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ILFebruary 9, 2018
friendly atmosphere. Can work independently. The winters are cold and buses warm up skowly but otherwise I like it plus we get same days off as the school kids.
Pros
Good part time job for college
Cons
no benefits
Given limited amount of time to find locations and do pickup
Paratransit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Given time before and after scheduled pickup to be there, however. that would not include loading wheelchairs and walkers. Also, finding locations and addresses difficult. Coworkers great and passengers also.
Pros
Great riders. Buses were kept in decent working order and clean.
Cons
Lot of hours. Early start times in the morning.
Would Not Recomend
Driver (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJanuary 22, 2018
The management of this location is the worst. The leadership shows no genuine interest in the front line workers. Everything boils down to dollars and cents, and it shows. Hence the turn over rate being extremely high and the work ethic being extremely low.
Busy atmosphere
Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 13, 2018
Not an ideal place to work for a individual with kids. The shifts are not meant for single mothers/fathers at all! Besides that it's a decent place to work.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Shifts/ hours
Great workplace with room for improvements
Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2017
There is plenty of room for improvement and growth. Communication is the key. The hardest part of the job is trying to get a part in that is needed immediately but will take weeks to arrive.
Stay far away if I where you
Bus Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 8, 2017
Not a place for someone who wants to drive a safe bus and be treated fairly. Management does not care about you no matter what they say to your face and safety ha that is just a slogan. just get the job done that is all they care about.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Bad management, buses not repaired properly
Video games
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 30, 2017
Monitor and assure that work was completed and drivers were out and performing their job as require by contract. A great deal of finance reviews were provided to me. The management team professional and respectful. Work place was clean, professional and hard working personnel. Accomplishing the day with limited issues was joyful.
Pros
Breakfast and Lunches to the employees was monthly
Cons
sometimes short breaks to the drivers
Public Transportation is very detailed and fast pace never a dole moment
Lead Dispatcher/ Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 20, 2017
Busy - driver calling off, got to cover routes, tracking buses for on time performance, taking care customers and drivers. Learned Trapeze a complex software great scheduling tool for Para. I liked Management , one exception was last Operation Manager came in and pretty much wiped out Dispatch and then didnt't even stay not cool. Very diverse byt everyone gets along for the most part good people. Was keeps routes rolling on time when were short drivers because of call offs. accidents, or break downs,I liked pretty much everybody, we all kind had a bond and worked together as a team alot going on but I'd go back in aminute I liked the fast pace and really enjoyed the Para (ADA) riders I really miss them. I miss everybodythere great bunch of people
Enjoyed the Challenges and Support
Former General Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 30, 2017
I was a General Manager for National Express and enjoyed every minute of it. Like many fast growing companies there are hiccups along the way. What matters is how you manage those hiccups, learn from them and improve performance.
Pros
Operations Leadership
Cons
Nothing you wouldn't experience elsewhere
Depressing and stressful work enviroment.
Paratransit Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 7, 2017
You may enjoy employment in the paratransit division if you are good at driving while distracted. Dispatch will call you just to tell you that you aren't on time, smiley messages from management saying how wonderful someone is, automated messages that inform you that you may be late for a pickup. All of these things not only distract but cause your GPS to minimize to the system tray. This amplifies the stress of keeping one eye on the people you are hauling, whether it be a load of methadone clinic patients or intellectually disabled students.

The Shuttle buses you are expected to drive are not made for the speeds you would be required to achieve in order to make it to a pickup location on time, yet speeding is don't ask don't tell. The ride is similar to a hay wagon since the vehicles are rarely ever worked on.

If you can stand these thing then the blatant waste of money may bother you, when picking up a single person in an e-450 and taking them from Latrobe to Pittsburgh, when it could have easily been done in a sedan.

On the plus side You will receive a yearly raise of around 2% which equals out to around 22 cents. 10 days of vacation. 7 sick days a year, but you may receive punishment for using them such as being scheduled 'off' the following day, or having your route changed without being told.
Pros
Nice little old ladies, you will receive a yearly raise of around 2%, 10 days of vacation, 7 sick days a year.
Cons
Rude, invasive, sometimes awful smelling dispatchers/clients, Not paid based on performance, You will never have a set schedule.
National Express is a great company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 26, 2017
I would meet a lot of people Handicapped and Disabled they were fun to be around. Licking county Transit is a contractor and the are so disorganized ..
Pros
working with handicapped people
Cons
sub contracting with Licking County Transit
Reviews are written by managers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 21, 2017
I look back on my experience working at National express. The reviews don't match. Most people were grumpy and miserable, irritable. So did management write the reviews?
Pros
Low pay, impossible schedule, irratable boss
Cons
Wake up at 4 am to drive drug addicts to testing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NATIONAL EXPRESS TRANSIT. Our community is ready to answer.

NATIONAL EXPRESS TRANSIT Reviews by Location