National Express Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall the compony is decent.
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIJuly 10, 2018
Pays the bills nothing more,the job is close to my home and this is a good thing.i do like other driver specially when we work as a team,the dispatch is nice and very helpfull.i think the manager could do a better job.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Job hours differ everyday.
A great place to work
School Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of arriving at 6:30 am, boarding the bus, traveling to various homes to pick up 3 and 4 year old preschoolers. Greeting each child with a smile, making sure seat belts are securely fastened and arrive at school safely.

I,ve learned that working with parents, teachers, children and the general public requires patience and understanding of their individual needs, - treat each person as I would like to be treated.

Management is great, workplace culture is relaxed. Management is very understanding and considerate of its employees.

Boarding the bus during early, cold winter weather can be a struggle sometimes, but the co-workers and the happy voices of the children makes it all worthwhile.,
Pros
friendly staff, relaxed environment
Cons
no benefits for bus monitors
Growth Opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJune 14, 2018
National Express is expanding worldwide and have many growth opportunities. They recognize talented managers and provide guidance on different topics that will assist you on your day to day duties.

The hardest part is maintaining a good working relationship with your client to ensure good standing and continued extension on contract.

National Express has a great safety culture. It is top priority and has been trending in the right direction. There is a lot of involvement from senior executive which is very helpful.

I enjoy developing my team. My day to day duties is to oversee the entire location which includes: Safety, Maintenance, Operations, HR, Payroll, etc...
Nothing to be said
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 7, 2018
National Express is an okay place to work for, however if you are looking for advancement this would be the wrong place, low wages but great benefits.
Need Better Management
Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAApril 25, 2018
The service is needed, so I believe that is why management doesn't care. It's like Wal-Mart, they can't be put out of business cause they are a high demand Retail Store, but management is not good.
I did not have much function yet to be with the company . It is my 5th week to them
Monitor for school bus (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 2, 2018
The management is fair to all employees , encouraging supervisors , good environment , happy employees , and very organized schedule fir everyone . Each month schedule is posted around the break time area for our information activity especially the weather forcast and open/closing of district schools and private as well
We cater allbany schools .
all is well
Customer Service Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDMarch 30, 2018
On a good day everything is great. but because they are understaffed the bad days are horrible, once they start hiring reliable drivers this would be a great work environment.
No fun
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2018
no time to have fun they make you work for all your work time. if a driver does not feel good, they still want the driver to keep driving otherwise they will write the driver up and threat the driver to fired him. no sick days.
Professional
Utility Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 22, 2018
All the employees are friendly and easy to work with. I learned how to drive a Transit bus. The hardest part of the job was the paperwork. Driving was the most enjoyable part of job for me.
Fun place to work
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I enjoyed very much working for National Express, i was a professional Bus driver and took my job very serious, i was driving people around and that is a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Split shift
fun place
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CANovember 9, 2017
great place to start your driving career. Staff realy work with you and help you to stay positive. It just that build up place, giving you your wings to fly.
Good Workplace
Operations Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2017
Enjoyed working with the children on a daily basis and having a positive impact on their daily growth and development.

Enjoyed the teamwork with management
Accounts payable
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 3, 2017
Great work environment if you enjoy working on your own with little to no supervision. The work is tedious however setting your own pace is a good idea they offer.
Closest to perfect as iv ever come
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHJune 19, 2017
This is a bus driving position contracted through a developmental disability school board. This position has excelent hours, good coworkers, great management, and good union benefits. Though it can be difficult to deal with certain issues with passengers, it is a very rewarding job.
Pros
The people -from passengers to coworkers to management.
Cons
very rarely passengers or guardians cause issues, but is not as bad as public school if all proceedures are being followed.
Small company with big dreams
National Director, Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILApril 24, 2017
The small organization continuously tried to be better, not always succeeding. The culture was okay, a lot of negative from previous employees / structure. I hope the organization does well. Good people.
Fun and Convienent workplace
School Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 18, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the new students and the schedule is super convenient with the breaks and the time to wake up and the time to go home.
Pros
Long Breaks, Drama Free
Cons
Benefits, Unreliable
A Great Place to Work If You Can Keep Up With the Pace
Talent Acquistion (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILOctober 21, 2016
National Express is a great company to work for, but it is a very fast pace environment. It's a great mix of individual and team work. They have monthly employee appreciation events and every Friday is casual. Its nice to work for a company that not only takes care of its employees but gives back. There are several fundraisers every year for different causes and charities.

Management has been wonderful and supportive in my experience. My supervisor and others that I have observed genuinely care about your ideas. I haven't experienced any micromanagement here.

There is plenty of room for growth within this company if you put in the hard work and make your desire for growth known. It takes time to move up.

The best part of this job is the culture within the office. Everyone is friendly and if you have a question or need help there's always someone willing to lend a hand.

The only reason I didn't rate this company at 5 stars is because it can be slow to advance in your position and the cost of benefits is a little on the high side.
Pros
Culture, Advancement Potential, Supportive Management
Cons
Can be difficult to keep up with the pace
Fun work place with great management
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 6, 2016
Great environment and fun activities planned by upper management for all employees monthly. Very open and friendly and everybody is always laughing and having fun while working.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low Compensation
Productive Work Enviornment.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Wonderful management staff that supports employees to the up most. Excellent company to work for, staff and management strive to make working here a positive experience. The reason for obtaining new employment is due to lack of pay increase.
National express is a profesionally ran company, that prides it self on the safty and well being of its employees and passengers.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 30, 2015
A typical day at work is showing up to the bus yard about 15 minutes early, I check in with the supervisor on duty, then i pretrip the bus i will be driving, I drive to my starting point then begin my rout, its a fixed rout so it usually goes pretty smooth every day, at the end of my shift I bring the bus back to the yard and do a post trip, I give my bus over to the bus washers and turn my paper work in for the day.