National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)

National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Employee Reviews

Awesome Company to work for
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 9, 2018
It is difficult, but if you are willing to work hard and follow their plan, than you will succeed. They are a wonderful company to work for. They take care of their employees like family.
Productive Work Environment with Much Opportunity for Success
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2018
Excellent company that truly cares about their employees. Exciting and productive work environment which enables an employee to thrive and succeed at what they're good at doing.
Tough Life
Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Membership RepresentativeJuly 24, 2018
Lots of hours for very little pay. Showed up early to many appointments before the sun rose and often got home late. No benefits. Commission only after initial start of a base salary.
Pros
The company represents a good cause.
Cons
People don't have money to give to that cause.
Great experience early on. Did well until they didn't fulfill promises of territory exclusivity and 100% renewals.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WyomingJuly 23, 2018
My "career", they promised me was fine until the end of the first year. They didn't fulfill the things they assured me would be available, especially continued renewals and advancement for levels I achieved. I left very disillusioned and realized that they weren't what they appeared to represent.
Pros
Set my own schedule. Good Pay.
Cons
No benefits and lied about most everything else.
A typical day with NFIB
TRAINER - TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ocean and Monmouth counties in NJJuly 19, 2018
I learned about the legislation that business owners typically go through.

I was a field trainer/mentor and held sales meetings.

the Most enjoyable part was being compensated for my efforts, and rewarded for my accomplishments.

I liked the freedom to make my own schedule.
great work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 26, 2018
this was a great place to work all tools to be successful were supplied and recognized the top performers while helping others to become top performers
Pros
great hours
Cons
non
Wonderful
Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJune 7, 2018
Great company to work for. Lots of freedom and independance. Working with business owners of every type is a plus as well. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Freedom
Great Organization
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 14, 2018
Glad I had the experience with NFIB. Only wish a rep could build a "book" of members similar to what insurance companies offer. Effective lobbying effort on behalf of small business.
Pros
well organized
Cons
commission sales equals high turnover rate
Great benefits, poor management
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 28, 2018
The benefits were great; very comprehensive. The management was poor at best; micro-management and low morale. The new management created an atmosphere of extreme stress and scrutiny.
Pros
Great benefits; decent pay
Cons
poor management
sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 19, 2018
It was a great starting point in my sales career to learn how to get int the door. They have a great training program and the belief in what they did for small business was great just need more money
Pros
values and selling what they lobby for
Cons
the pay for the work
My time was too long ago
Agency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2018
My experience with NFIB was too long ago to express any meaningful or relative information to the department today. The organization has changed in too many ways.
Door to Door sales
Membership Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2018
After several months I found out my manager was taking the big leads and giving them to her husband who she had brought on board. Really bad when you can't trust your boss to do the right thing.
Pros
Helping small business
Cons
Dishonest manager
Change of CEO turned into stressful environment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2018
NFIB was a family and promoted growth from within. Then the change in organization head was intended to clean house. The focus shifted to the CEO and other departments suffered. The higher ups presented a false sense of security.
review summary
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  kalispell montanaJanuary 15, 2018
1099 structure is a hindrance to work life balance . It is so hard to work in an environment with no base plus commission structure .The management was good and the markets stable but i just couldn't get the money to flow consistent . The shot gun start and ramp up period was difficult .
Pros
attonomous work enviroment
Cons
1099 contract structure and memorizing the "pitch"
Outside Sales
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Central WisconsinDecember 31, 2017
4 to 8hrs in the field daily
Assumptive Selling
Supportive Division Manager
Working with small business owners daily
100 percent commission. worked my territory, 6-9 counties, full
time for 3 years. In year 3 sales and commission began to drop.
Year 4 I worked part time.
Dropping sale and commissions in a mature market with no milage
per diem
The big sale
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
days with no sales
Great membership base
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2017
It's always a great feeling to help the backbone of the US Economy. As someone who was raised by small biz owners, I am thankful and appreciative of the work that NFIB does.
Great Company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 23, 2017
Great Company to work for. Allowed all of their sales reps to work independently and at our own pace. Great compensation and benefits were available to those who wished to have them. Also offered a variety of paid time off as well as rewarded top producers w great end of the year awards.
Recommended
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2017
Excellent organization to work for. If you believe in the future of our country and how important small businesses are for the growth of the U.S. economy, it is amazing what NFIB does to help small businesses! You have to work hard and be excellent at planning out your work day every day and executing the plan but it is worth it!
Great job!
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Delmont, PAAugust 19, 2017
Great job!
Great pay!
Awesome lobbying efforts for the small business owner!
Really enjoyed helping out small business owners!
Great meeting new people everyday!
Pros
Good Money!
Cons
Never home!
Mission minded non-profit that needs revision in the salesforce
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2017
A much needed organization with a great mission. The salesforce receives no travel allowance, no base salary, and must purchase a tablet for work purposes while competing with telephone sales. This is basically a business start up with one product and direct supervision along with required sales calls that have already been tele marketed extensively. The job does allow some freedom, but to be successful you must work 10 to 12 hours per day and plan at least an hour each evening for the next day. The organization does offer monthly and quarterly sales bonuses that are very difficult at times to reach. This position is a 98% cold call position. Anyone considering the position needs to consider the travel expenses and the wear and tear on their vehicle.
Pros
Great Mission, good support and freedom
Cons
Time off is not with pay, long lonely days, competing with phone sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB). Our community is ready to answer.

National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Reviews by Location