National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
88High
4.2

National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Employee Reviews

United States121 reviews
Started with NFIB almost 30 years ago. I had sales experience but I didn’t have outside sales experience and I wanted to see if I could make the money that I needed. I did , but once I realized I could do outside sales I knew I could go anywhere and make a good living. What made me stay with NFIB was the Mission. Small Business and the Free Enterprise was and is such a worthy cause. Ultimately what has made it my whole career has been the Mobility. NFIB has always promoted me within my skill set and family needs. Which was of the upmost importance for me.

This job is not for everyone because you have to be self disciplined, have a good work ethic and be coachable. Then the sky is the limit . However if this position is a good fit for you it will probably be your last job. It was for me and many others in the organization.
What I learned. That our members are the best.

That your employees want your job.

Hardest part of the job --- stopping infighting and informing leadership of how and when to stop it

Advocating for our members. The best! I woke up every morning thinking about it, woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it, and if I may say so did a dang good job at it.

I do not wish to state any more. You can always reach me by phone.
Excellent company to work for. NFIB is a very fair and ethical company to both it's members and employees. Flexible work schedule and their Sales Support Team is TOP NOTCH!!!
Nfib has been extremely helpful to its field reps thus far during the coronavirus era...Nfib has a clear mission, and is sincerely trying to help its customers and its employees during this difficult time.
I am grateful to work for such a caring, supportive and encouraging family oriented company that truly cares about their employees. I have the best and most caring,dedicated,hard working amazing leaders.Also, I have personally been touched by upper management kindness in this time of Covid-19 with supplemental assistance. NFIB is committed to help and advocate for their employees and members every step of the way to their victories.It is very rewarding to be able to help people and be the voice for small business. It is ingrained in our culture and what makes NFIB a wonderful company to build a career.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The NFIB is a place where every single day I get to fulfill a sense of purpose, while making a great living to support my family. I love working for NFIB because I wholeheartedly believe in what they stand for.
Not only about employees but also members. Have gone above and beyond to assure that employees and members have been taken care of during this pandemic.
I worked hard to learn my presentation with NFIB because I was told that would be the foundation on which my career would be based. Much the same as an athlete has to learn the fundamentals of their sport, this was the fundamental that I needed to learn. If you decide on a future with NFIB I cannot stress enough how much you should memorize and understand your presentation. Every word is the lifeblood of your success in the beginning.

We’ve all been told “plan your work and work your plan”. This has never been more important. Having a plan A and a plan B is paramount until plan A is definitely not working--then work plan B. If the literal weather changes another plan should be worked on. Businesses that are affected by incumbent weather will now be available within their houses, barns, and offices. That’s when you should go see them.

Management with NFIB is not there to micromanage you. They’re there to guide you to self-management to obtain the goals that you set for yourself. They want you to grow into the most productive version of yourself that will make you happy and have a long career. If that starting point is sales, be the best you can every day and soon you will have more choices. This organization promotes from the inside; your manager has done your job. You will find that your peers from the top salesperson to the weakest have your back and want nothing but success for you. They will help you, they will stand up for you but you have to do your part. You need to bring drive, attitude, and coachability to become a success.

The hardest part of this job is
 - more...
The job is flexible and the compensation is generous. The compensation program is performance based. The training and rep support is the best I've ever experienced in all my sales career.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)?
NFIB is a member driven organization that is an amazing place to work. Each day the staff works directly with small business owners to strengthen their business by directly impacting public policy at the state and federal levels. Great culture, great compensation, freedom to maintain a work/life balance while making a difference in the world.
I make my rout plans the night before i go out. I work with small business owners on laws and issues that are crushing their profits. I make certain that all members in my area are up to date on the new Covid-19 laws. I make my own schedule and the harder i work the lucker i get.
The management and training at NFIB is excellent. They are dedicated to helping their employees succeed. They provide employees with all the tools needed for success.
Pros
Good commission structure, good benefits. solid management
Cons
Working in the summer heat.
We help give small business owners hope and encouragement by being the Voice of Small Business in Washington DC and all 50 state capitals. In my 30 years of sales background I have never experienced a company or organization with such a strong culture. The NFIB Leadership Team understands the importance of the sales force, and all employees. The safety, health and well-being of all employees has always been a priority at NFIB. If you are a hard worker you can make a VERY good income.
This is a very challenging job. You have to be ok with being alone all day as you go between businesses. There is a lot of rejection throughout the day, so if you are a person who takes that personally this might not be a good fit.
Pros
This is a very rewarding job, NFIB has great family atmosphere, I have never worked for a company that treats its employees so well.
Cons
There can be very long days with a lot of rejection.
Working for NFIB has purpose. You can sleep at night knowing you've helped, not only yourself and your family, but other families as well. When a nation relies so heavily on small businesses for it's survival, one can enjoy going to work knowing people rely on you. The support staff, conference calls and coworkers all embolden you to be the best you can be. Management is a friendly voice on the phone, as well as a side by side trainer in the field. Whether in good times or tough, they are always there to push you onward. During these times of shut downs and national unemployment, NFIB is working the phones and getting the referrals to us so we can work. As far as the job, it's nearly unlimited earning potential. Benefits, perks, bonuses, prizes, contests. All for the motivated, hard-working individual. I've been employed at NFIB for nearly 3 years and I love what I do.
This is an awesome opportunity. I've been with NFIB for a year now, and it was the best career decision I've ever made. I had never done B2B outside sales before, but they gave me everything I needed to succeed. If you're willing to put the work in, there is no reason you can't make an incredible income and have a BLAST doing it! I meet small business owners every day that appreciate and love what we do for them. There is nothing special about me, and I am probably just like you.

Now, this job is not for everybody. It does require effort and initiative. But I will tell you, the thing I love the most about this company is they have done everything they said they were going to do from day one! There has never been a problem with my pay or bonuses - I even earned a bonus my first quarter being brand new! They will train and invest in you if you're willing to put in the work. And, they have been there with support and work plans even during this difficult time of virus lock down. The support they provide their member reps is second to none.

If you want to make an amazing income, be totally appreciated by everyone in the organization while doing it, and are willing to learn, this job is for you.
I have been employed by NFIB for almost 10 years. During that time I have been consistently impressed with the care, concern, and commitment of management, at all levels of the company, to the employees. The training is excellent and the financial rewards are great. Every year I have worked for NFIB, I have earned more than double the annual income from my previous job. The most recent examples of the integrity of the leadership at NFIB are from the current COVID-19 crisis. As a Membership representative, I had to transition from working in the field seeing people face to face, to working from home and using the telephone to make my sales calls. This was a huge transition for me. The senior management spared no time or expense to provide the best training and support for the field reps to make the switch to selling by phone. In addition, we were all given a generous bonus in April to provide extra financial help in time of need. Management also lowered the requirement to earn the regular monthly bonuses so that as many reps as possible could still achieve extra earnings. I am very happy working for NFIB and would highly recommend this company to anyone who wants the opportunity to work hard for a meaningful purpose and be well rewarded financially for your efforts.
I am so grateful that I work for NFIB. Even during an economic downturn, NFIB has gone over the top to give me the resources I need to still do my job. They make sure I have all the training and help that I need. I have a wonderful manager who is there when I need him, but doesn't micromanage. I have an excellent work/life balance, and I'm so proud that NFIB does all they can for the small business. They truly care about their members and are always at the front lines as their voice.
Working at the NFIB is a way to advance a cause over the long term. Unlike many other employers that keep a tight watch over your clock, the NFIB rewards you for getting the job done and provides all the support you could ever ask for on the way.
Don't like the humdrum of clocking in and out, or the 8-5 sitting behind a desk, while being micro-managed? Or maybe you are just at a point where you don't believe in the product or service you once did. Maybe you are working WAY too much and WAY too hard for that check every other Friday. Do you feel like you're working "paycheck to Wednesday"?

That was me a few years, back, and when I was given this opportunity at NFIB I was super excited. I have been here just shy of a year, and let's just say, I have made more money in less than a year then I made the last 2 years at my previous job. The compensation is UNREAL. Weekly pay, bonuses, contests and trips to places tropical, company-wide recognition.

NFIB has everything figured out to make sure their people succeed. I mean, EVERYTHING. There isn't ONE manager or leader in this company (no matter how high up they sit in the chain of command) that hasn't been where I am sitting right now. There also isn't one who won't do whatever it takes to make sure each and every single one of us succeeds. They won't ever ask us to do something they aren't willing to do themselves - which I think is truly a wonderful and rare thing to find in management. I cannot say enough about our great leaders.

With all of that being said - this job isn't for everyone. You MUST have self discipline, and be self-driven. Nobody is going to be holding your hand, making sure you're up on time to get out the door to start calling on those early businesses. You must be passionate, and let your passion drive you to succeed. Otherwise,
 - more...
Pros
Compensation, benefits, helping others, wonderful leadership, growth opportunities
Cons
working alone and a lot of driving
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB). Our community is ready to answer.
4.2